• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRACKDOWN 2 ANNOUNCED

TEJ

I think the graphics are fine considering that it's like crackdown 1 and you have the whole size and scope of the city at once to explore. No separate areas for different sections of the city. The game doesn't have a 100 million budget like gta4.

binary

soldat7 said:
There will be female characters as well (promotional art on gametrailers a while back), and I'm pretty sure the helmets will be optional. They're just not revealing the character customization just yet.

Good to hear!

geeko

The way I look at it there is no real point in complaining about crackdown 2. We already know that it's stuck in the same city and the graphics are not a huge improvement. We should get past fretting about those two minor details cause the positives far outweigh the negatives in this game.

The City has changed, buildings added, some taken away. and a underground area totally unexplored. Plus the inclusion of 16 player multiplayer makes me care much less about how the game looks. Again you know the graphics are not going to improve any more really, so why complain.

soldat7

geeko420 said:
Again you know the graphics are not going to improve any more really, so why complain.

I'm pretty sure the graphics will improve, to a certain extent. The developers have basically said as much and journos have indicated this as well.

geeko

soldat7 said:
I'm pretty sure the graphics will improve, to a certain extent. The developers have basically said as much and journos have indicated this as well.

There will be layers of polish added definitely, I just don't see the point in people complaining about the graphics. They are not bad, and are the least of MY worries in the game. I guess other people are way critical of the way their games look regardless how good it plays.

soldat7

geeko420 said:
There will be layers of polish added definitely, I just don't see the point in people complaining about the graphics. They are not bad, and are the least of MY worries in the game. I guess other people are way critical of the way their games look regardless how good it plays.

I agree. The draw distance, the explosions, the vertical gameplay. I think the Xbox is already being stretched pretty hard.

I'm not worried about the graphics. The first game looked great in motion and I expect at least the same from Crackdown 2. I seriously think Crackdown is my favorite sandbox game to date.

ShapeGSX

I played Crackdown 2 at PAX East. The graphics look awesome. It seems to be even more colorful than the original game. The frame rate is solid. The gameplay is just as fast and as awesome as you would expect it to be. Deathmatch has vehicles in it, including the helicopter!

The devs manning the stations were awesome. They worked their asses off all weekend long, and they are really proud of their game. One of them was standing behind me as I played, letting me know what I should be doing. "You have proximity mines! Spread them out all over the place and they will kill people even when you aren't there! Each kill with a mine is worth 30 points!" I told him that I needed him standing behind me while I'm playing the game, to which he replied, "I actually come with every boxed copy of the game." :lol

I think one of the devs let me in on a secret about the agency tower, if I understood him correctly, but I'm not sure if I should spoil it. :D

This is easily my most anticipated game right now. I can't wait!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ShapeGSX said:
I told him that I needed him standing behind me while I'm playing the game, to which he replied, "I actually come with every boxed copy of the game." :lol

:lol

ShapeGSX

Forgot to mention the power ups.

There is a quad damage power up. When you get it, your agent ends up with evil looking purple horns that grow out of the sides of his head! The purple color reminds me a lot of Quake III's quad damage power up. In fact, the speed and flying agents reminds me a lot of Quake III, too.

There is also a cloaking power up. You slowly start to fade once you pick it up, and you get a predator style ripple to your silhouette. But as you shoot, you start to become more visible. Shoot for a few seconds, and you are completely visible, but will start to cloak again once you let off the trigger. Best bet is to sneak up next to someone and melee them. You get more points for melee kills, and your cloaking won't go away.

Weapons are scattered around the level. Can't remember if they go away when you pick one up.

There are headshots in the game, and you get more points for getting a head shot compared to a normal kill.

mujun

ShapeGSX said:
Forgot to mention the power ups.

There is a quad damage power up. When you get it, your agent ends up with evil looking purple horns that grow out of the sides of his head! The purple color reminds me a lot of Quake III's quad damage power up. In fact, the speed and flying agents reminds me a lot of Quake III, too.

There is also a cloaking power up. You slowly start to fade once you pick it up, and you get a predator style ripple to your silhouette. But as you shoot, you start to become more visible. Shoot for a few seconds, and you are completely visible, but will start to cloak again once you let off the trigger. Best bet is to sneak up next to someone and melee them. You get more points for melee kills, and your cloaking won't go away.

Weapons are scattered around the level. Can't remember if they go away when you pick one up.

There are headshots in the game, and you get more points for getting a head shot compared to a normal kill.

I don't suppose they gave you any indication of when the demo is hitting, did they?

geeko420 said:
The way I look at it there is no real point in complaining about crackdown 2. We already know that it's stuck in the same city and the graphics are not a huge improvement. We should get past fretting about those two minor details cause the positives far outweigh the negatives in this game.

The City has changed, buildings added, some taken away. and a underground area totally unexplored. Plus the inclusion of 16 player multiplayer makes me care much less about how the game looks. Again you know the graphics are not going to improve any more really, so why complain.

they changed the graphics quite a deal. let's wait to see it in action and really compare it then with part 1

ShapeGSX

Unfortunately, I forgot to ask about the demo.

I'm guessing that it will probably be released around a month earlier than the game itself.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all to have it released during the Microsoft E3 presentation on June 14th. The timing is just about perfect.

JaggedSac

Game is looking great. Definitely a true sequel.

More weapons, more vehicles, more modes, more areas, more orbs, more skills, different enemies.

Pride

I found this call out for Crackdown 2 in an email from Walmart

crackdown2tag.jpg

Viral Marketing?

Top Bottom