• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRACKDOWN 2 ANNOUNCED

Nolan.

I can't wait to play it already also ''the city is infected'' and ''you are the cure'' made me really excited. I kind of like where they are seemingly going with it. Also it seems like this time you will also have super speed in your aresenal of abilities ? interesting.

Crackdown 2" (Ruffian Games/Microsoft Game Studios). The sequel to the award-winning "Crackdown," "Crackdown 2" is the premier open-ended action experience that lets you be judge, jury and executioner for a vast city. Coming exclusively to Xbox 360 in 2010, "Crackdown 2" will take multiplayer(2) gaming to unprecedented levels for the ultimate cooperative and competitive multiplayer experience, providing you and your friends with the complete freedom to explore, destroy and play as you return to restore justice and peace to Pacific City - by any means necessary.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Nolan. said:
Also it seems like this time you will also have super speed in your aresenal of abilities ? interesting.
I need to rewatch the trailer, but I know the first one sorta had "super speed' but it was jut a side effect of agility.

beelzebozo said:
172.jpg

JUST HOOK IT INTO MY VEEEEINS
I lol'd. :lol

ftw.

LCfiner

This was the announcement of the conference for me.

really, I am so excited. I'm so glad MS realized they had something great with Crackdown and didn't abandon it.

I love the superhero playground genre this gen.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Banzaiaap said:
Please be 09
Please be 09
Please be 09
Please be 09
Please be 09

Dude the studio making the game was only formed like 6 months ago. This is probably a 2011 game.

soldat7

BakedPigeon said:
Crackdown 2" (Ruffian Games/Microsoft Game Studios). The sequel to the award-winning "Crackdown," "Crackdown 2" is the premier open-ended action experience that lets you be judge, jury and executioner for a vast city. Coming exclusively to Xbox 360 in 2010, "Crackdown 2" will take multiplayer(2) gaming to unprecedented levels for the ultimate cooperative and competitive multiplayer experience, providing you and your friends with the complete freedom to explore, destroy and play as you return to restore justice and peace to Pacific City - by any means necessary.

au8ei9.jpg

Brinbe

This was also my favorite part of the conference... Sure, it was only a small glimpse but I'm excited that it even exists, I didn't expect it at all.

Nolan.

Jtwo said:
I need to rewatch the trailer, but I know the first one sorta had "super speed' but it was jut a side effect of agility.

Yeah but the character in the trailer seemed to be going way faster than what your agility orb max up gives you. Also I'm glad co-op is in, I was watching it again and nticed the agents standing on the roof. Though I thought maybe they were your enemies, anyway really excited about this, I'm wondering if the doctors purposely infected citizens. Also I wonder if you're still working as part of the original agency. Or a new branch that are actually the ''good guys'' so many questions, anyway as long as collecting orbs and roof top jumping and climbing is back I'll be happy.

3rdman

Holy shit! Best E3 ever!...I just sat down to my work computer after being on the road the past couple of hours to find this, MGS, H:Reach, motion controls, and Monkey Island :)P).

Did G4 get good footage of everything...I recorded it at home for viewing later.

Different dev + AN EFFING STORY TRAILER FOR CRACKDOWN ARE YOU SERIOUS = epic fail. Crackdown is the single greatest game of the last fifteen years but I have no hope for this.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, watching the HD version.
The graphical style is definitely perfect.
Exactly like the first game.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
You don't know how happy I am right now! :D :D :D

I simply knew all those hints & the premium theme were leading to this - brilliantly done to the grand E3 reveal!

CRACKDOWN 2!!!

Just watched the HD trailer off of Marketplace again - so goooooood.

soldat7

BobJustBob said:
Different dev + AN EFFING STORY TRAILER FOR CRACKDOWN ARE YOU SERIOUS = epic fail. Crackdown is the single greatest game of the last fifteen years but I have no hope for this.

Ruffian consists of members of the Crackdown 1 development team. Remember how Crackdown 1 was announced? This is a far better announcement IMO.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Besides that wasn't a story trailer.

The city is infected with those mutant things from the first game

you hunt criminals as usual

there are big fucking monsters in the sewer that pop up and make really pretty explosions

crackdown 2

stuminus3

Well, that was a well kept secret now, wasn't it? :lol

Good call on the sound effects before the video played, I literally got all tingly and light-headed.

Top Bottom