• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRACKDOWN 2 ANNOUNCED

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ruffian games huh? What have they done before?

Also, I'm excited to see what seemed like Monsters in Crackdown 2. Also, trailer had 4 Agents on the building...4 Player Co-op?? This game is going to be so damn good.

Tashi0106 said:
Ruffian games huh? What have they done before?

Also, I'm excited to see what seemed like Monsters in Crackdown 2. Also, trailer had 4 Agents on the building...4 Player Co-op?? This game is going to be so damn good.
They're new. They're a lot of former Crackdown Alum

Wiggum2007

BakedPigeon said:
Crackdown 2" (Ruffian Games/Microsoft Game Studios). The sequel to the award-winning "Crackdown," "Crackdown 2" is the premier open-ended action experience that lets you be judge, jury and executioner for a vast city. Coming exclusively to Xbox 360 in 2010, "Crackdown 2" will take multiplayer(2) gaming to unprecedented levels for the ultimate cooperative and competitive multiplayer experience, providing you and your friends with the complete freedom to explore, destroy and play as you return to restore justice and peace to Pacific City - by any means necessary.

Nooooooo! As awesome as Crackdown co-op is, if Crackdown 2 is a multiplayer-only I will cry. I'm all for an expanded multiplayer experience in the sequel, but keep the singleplayer game intact. Also, if we're returning to Pacific City I'm really hoping it's almost completely redone, not something ala Stilwater from Saints Row --> Saints Row 2.

Striker

Hopefully the map itself is larger. Granted Crackdown 1's map was large, I want more playgrounds!

Such an awesome day. :)

Mar

_dementia said:
Never played Crackdown

slap.jpg

snmmh1.png

LCfiner

I think the greatest thing that the trailer hinted at was enemies that could stand up to the agents.

Crackdown was awesome for the explosions and the orbs but the cannon fodder enemies were a letdown.

Now, it looks like there'll be monsters to shoot down who actually have a chance of taking you down alone.

very, very excited for that.

This has definitely been the best E3 in a long, long while. Well, at least for those with a 360.

Crackdown 2, Splinter Cell (who saw that being so awesome?), Forza 3 (with gfx this time and in cockpit), Alan Wake (back on track baby!) And some Halo "stuff."

Nice job MS.

What little we saw looks awesome. I thought they'd go in a different direction (you'd figure super cops would eventually lead to super villians!) but i think the whole infected/mutants thing could make for some interesting gameplay.

im not too worried about the change of devs. I trust its in good hands, and it will probably carry over the same engine and tech, which is half the battle.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I really hope they put in a feature where you can make all the agility orbs you have found show up on the map. I'm still missing two of them. I have spent hours and hours looking for them too.

If I could see where I've found orbs surely that could show me where I should look.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
When I played crack down I was all like "this would be perfect if only it had a compelling narrative"

so I was all like "Crackdown 2 baby"

And then they made inFamous which was pretty much what I wanted.

But I guess maybe this is cool, too.

Marvie_3

Banned
Truelize said:
I really hope they put in a feature where you can make all the agility orbs you have found show up on the map. I'm still missing two of them. I have spent hours and hours looking for them too.
I'm missing two as well. :lol Fuckin things....

Ramenman

When the trailer began I was like "what's that game... It doesn't look like anything I've heard about, I don't know, never heard of this setting..." then I saw the guy make this HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGE jump and I thought "wow this looks like Crackd-- wait --ITS THE GODDAMN MS CONFERENCE YOU ASSHOLE, IT IS CRACKDOWN ! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG"

D:

Fucking AAAAAAAAAAAAAAwesome.

Kodiak said:
When I played crack down I was all like "this would be perfect if only it had a compelling narrative"

so I was all like "Crackdown 2 baby"

And then they made inFamous which was pretty much what I wanted.

But I guess maybe this is cool, too

You name drop another game, then GUESS MAYBE this is cool?!

I still think the first game was fun but overrated by the community. This on the other hand... this looks awesome. Love the new look of the cell shading, love the suggestion of non human enemies... love, love, love, love.

Tylahedras said:
I still think the first game was fun but overrated by the community. This on the other hand... this looks awesome. Love the new look of the cell shading, love the suggestion of non human enemies... love, love, love, love.

I don't think it's "overrated," but its critical flaws are often completely left out of the equation. It seems as if they are aware of those flaws, though, so this is on course to become one of the better games around.

MS really delivered for me this E3. They gave me everything I'd hoped for, a stylish new splinter cell, a halo prequel, cockpit view+insane graphics+car flipping in forza, alan wake looks interesting, a metal gear game starring ninja raiden, but this, this is what i wanted most of all. So geeked. :D

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
I hope they have the Keys to the City available right off the bat. It made for some great dicking around in the first game.

TheFallen

The whole monsters thing seems interesting. I was kinda hoping for the sequel to be based on the agency taking over the city and you joining some sort of resistance to take them down. Agent vs Agent would've been awesome. Nevertheless, this does look damn good.

TheFallen said:
The whole monsters thing seems interesting. I was kinda hoping for the sequel to be based on the agency taking over the city and you joining some sort of resistance to take them down. Agent vs Agent would've been awesome. Nevertheless, this does look damn good.

That is an awesome idea. Since they aren't (?) doing this for Crackdown 2 you have now ruined the game for me with feelings of "what could have been."

Thanks. Asshole.

:p

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Tylahedras said:
I still think the first game was fun but overrated by the community.
The first Crackdown was an incredibly flawed game, still made incredibly awesome by a seemingly perfect gameplay. It was also very impressive technically.

Blimblim said:
The first Crackdown was an incredibly flawed game, still made incredibly awesome by a seemingly perfect gameplay. It was also very impressive technically.

In what ways did you find it flawed?

voltron

Why is everyone acting so surprised about this announcement? I 100% expected it based on the last few weeks. Would have been stunned if it wasnt announced.

So, is ANYONE thinking this will drop this year?

JayDub said:
Even in that CGI video, I saw the same art style as the first game, and since its a stylized CGI, Im going to assume the same art style will be in 2.

Wait, wat? That was in-game, not CGI right? The announcement trailer? I was sure that was in game.

Top Bottom