• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRACKDOWN 2 ANNOUNCED

JayDub

Even in that CGI video, I saw the same art style as the first game, and since its a stylized CGI, Im going to assume the same art style will be in 2.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Was anyone else super bummed by that shot of him jumping off the building?
I want it to follow from behind him all the way until he hit the ground.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I didnt really care about this whole E3 thing till I heard that familiar noise and couldnt place it.. .then I was like Oh yea!! Crack is BACK!!! only game i will buy this year.

Gazunta

Crackdown 2 = E3 is over, go home everyone.
Thank Christ I didn't go this year, it would have been the shortest E3 ever!

I AM JOHN! said:
Who just so happens to be made up of members of Lionhead, Rockstar, and RTW.

soldat7 said:
Ruffian consists of members of the Crackdown 1 development team. Remember how Crackdown 1 was announced? This is a far better announcement IMO.

Kinda like how people from Diablo worked on Hellgate London?

soldat7

110izdj.png

292vint.png

2vijoyv.png

2przome.png

2dilp4o.png

14u9lp1.png

2cgiu13.png

Rad Agast

Just watched the trailer again. Since this time it's at a much better quality I can appreciate it much more. I like the upgrade to the character designs. I'm guessing... this has some sort of mp on a bigger scale.

Kilroy

I got the sound right away, but somehow I expected "I can see my house from here". A bit of a missed opportunity, surely.
But excellent news, this. Can't wait to climb around the city again.

Timber

BakedPigeon said:
Crackdown 2" (Ruffian Games/Microsoft Game Studios). The sequel to the award-winning "Crackdown," "Crackdown 2" is the premier open-ended action experience that lets you be judge, jury and executioner for a vast city. Coming exclusively to Xbox 360 in 2010, "Crackdown 2" will take multiplayer(2) gaming to unprecedented levels for the ultimate cooperative and competitive multiplayer experience, providing you and your friends with the complete freedom to explore, destroy and play as you return to restore justice and peace to Pacific City - by any means necessary.
where did you read this?

so basically those rumours from a while back were completely true and theyre making this primarily a multiplayer game and fuck that. i loved co-op in crackdown but i spent 90% of my time with it alone as i prefer with every game and i have no need for a bunch of extra modes. i hope they didn't listen to all the idiots who said it needed a story and "real missions" and want it to be GTA or another game that is not crackdown, but i fear for the worst.

the first crackdown is one of the best games in recent years and from what i'd gathered dave jones + RTW were eager to continue the series so screw microsoft for pulling this shit. no offense to the good people at ruffian but if this game makes the franchise go in a direction i don't want it to go then heads will roll!

i hope i will be eating my hat/shoe/crow come 2010 but i doubt it

Stitch

Gold Member
i hope they improve the climbing. i often missed a window or ledge because the character just refused to grab it :-/

Aderes

Neo Member
I only hope there isn't the mundane orb collecting like in the first Crackdown, it annoyed me because I actually enjoyed the game apart from that.

dejan

Dax01 said:
Destructible buildings in Crackdown 2.

Make it happen!
Yeah, that would totally make sense. Make one of the most fun aspects of the first game (traversing rooftops) obsolete.

pr0cs

Starting the preview for the show with just the audio was epic, as soon as I heard the sound I was "RIGHT FUCKING ON".
The sounds in Crackdown are so recognizable.

a.wd

Aderes said:
I only hope there isn't the mundane orb collecting like in the first Crackdown, it annoyed me because I actually enjoyed the game apart from that.

Get the fuck out....

Timber

Aderes said:
the orbs were one of the things most people enjoyed about the first game. they'll definitely be in crackdown 2.

edit: also, kinda what the dude above me said but i didnt wanna be crass. people wanting to turn crackdown into something it's not should just leave the game alone instead of saying DO THIS IN THE SEQUEL PLZ

Billen

Banned
Easily some of the most pleasing gaming related news to come out in a long time.

And of course the orbs should be in. Crackdown without orbs would be like the Lord Of The Rings without Orlando Bloom dressed out as a woman.

Sorry I'm late guys.

I posted in the Live E3 thread, but now I'm hooooome in this thread.

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKDOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN.

This is the REAL GOTF.

MS wins with this announcement alone. Everything else is gravy.

Top Bottom