• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy |OT| N.Teresting and N.Tertaining N.Fographics With-N

demu

After you finish Road to Nowhere you just feel ready for the rest of the trilogy. Holy shit.
I definitely improved my jumping skills thanks to this level.

L.O.R.D

just started the first game

DDhH7UlXoAMfIuB.jpg

pro tip:

PLAY USING THE D-PAD,DON'T USE THE ANALOG

Just beat the high road and slippery climb...

fVYpo5F.gif

I feel past my platforming prime

This game doesn't screw around and platformers are my jam, the high road in particular was just brutal, at least I got the gem.
Then slippery climb is all like "yeah but you died lol", which leads me to ask, does the bonus room count for those coloured gem related deaths? because I could see myself getting this one unless that's the case because that bonus room was kicking my butt.

Kinsei

Banned

fVYpo5F.gif

This game doesn't screw around and platformers are my jam, the high road in particular was just brutal, at least I got the gem.
Then slippery climb is all like "yeah but you died lol", which leads me to ask, does the bonus room count for those coloured gem related deaths? because I could see myself getting this one unless that's the case because that bonus room was kicking my butt.

Congrats. Slippery Climb is the hardest level in the original IMO.

fVYpo5F.gif

hype

Leyasu

Banned
Congrats you lucky fuckers.

This is my first gen without a PlayStation. Until the crash remakes were announced, I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. Now crash is here, I'm pretty fucking devastated.

CTR being exclusive would push me over the edge.

Enjoy.

Darksol

Just need to survive one more day at work then I get to come home to this gaming goodness tonight. I'm so excited. Have a good one GAF!

Friend, I've always held in my mind a comparison point that I could never be too sure of having not played through much of Crash 1.
That is that the Crash trilogy progression is eerily similar to that of the SNES DKC trilogy.
First game is rough but has merit, the second comes along and improves on everything and then the third is almost as good but gimmicks can overload.
And this is without factoring in other funny coincidences like minecarts=boar riding or how the busty blonde of the first game mysteriously vanishes in the sequels like they suddenly thought "I made a huge mistake".

But back to Crash 1, this game is like an exercise in how much mileage you can get out of the basics of the genre, even with the remaster polish I still have moments where it's like "okay, that enemy didn't hit me" or your toes slip off the edge of a platform you just landed on, once again very much like DKC1 and its occasionally wonky hit detection and slippery platform edges. But in that sense there's something oddly familiar about it all.
It may be a product of its time yet here I am enjoying the rather faithful recreation of 90's jank and level design specifically tailored to break the spirit of children.
Basically I'm enjoying Crash 1 more than I thought I would.

Congrats you lucky fuckers.

This is my first gen without a PlayStation. Until the crash remakes were announced, I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. Now crash is here, I'm pretty fucking devastated.

CTR being exclusive would push me over the edge.

Enjoy.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1397208
Not insinuating anything.. just hate to see someone who can't enjoy themselves.

Edit: I didn't think about it, sorry if posting this link outside not allowed.

bede-x

It just unlocked, I did the first three levels and good lord the feels :)

It looks much better live than I felt it did in the videos, especially those that put it next to the originals making it look like it lacked color. Loading times do feel longer than they are, but other than that first impressions are overwhelmingly positive.

silva1991

10 minutes until unlock

giphy.gif

lol this gif.

fVYpo5F.gif

I'm having little issues with depth perception. High Road is gonna make me rage.

Turkoop

Banned
Played 90 min.
I love you Activision, finally a good game you have done.
No for real, good job! A fantastic Remake!

Javier23

Banned
Did they change the way saving works in the first game like I heard? In the original dying a bunch of times in, say, Road to Nowhere could mean you having to go back a few levels and redoing them all from scratch. Fun times!

L.O.R.D

please tell me there is no trophy or hidden level from collection all time trail level at platinum arcs?
i barely managed to get one platinum arc in the first game.

brawly

The jumping in Crash 1 is so weird. I don't remember there only being that little airtime.

Kinda sad that they
basically took out the eel snapping sounds
in Warped. That used to scare me so much as a kid.

Godcannon

Wait. So....I wasn't able to preload from my PS4 and only got 1 theme, but using the PS store from my phone, I was able to preload the game (TY GAF), and then also discover 3 other themes that I could download. Wowzers.

Edit: Oh, I see the notifiction now, the other themes dropped yesterday.

Dave1988

Just did the first two levels of Warped, and maaaaan, did the nostalgia wave hit me hard. This is simply a lovely remaster.

Can't wait to play some more over the weekend.

Wasn't it sold out though and Amazon didn't restock? Imagine if they did restock constantly.

It'd be a bit higher, but probably not by much. It wasn't out of stock for very long.

Crash Bandicoot was quite successful in NA, but it's a bigger franchise in the UK and Europe.

Top Bottom