• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy |OT| N.Teresting and N.Tertaining N.Fographics With-N

Guys... i suck at platforming, but i really love crash, should i buy this game even though i know i'll probably never finish it :(?

Well when you think about it, you've got three games worth of escalating difficulty, you could get your fill without actually finishing any of them.

Mariip

Never played Crash before; so the games get progressively harder? That actually sounds neat.
I believe 1 is the hardest game. I used to play 3 with my cousin's and it is a bit more forgiveable since not all levels are platformers, the thing is, we used that "pass the controller when you die" rule so i never got to git gud at those games(but 3 was the one i got the most playtime from)

I managed to get to the 2nd warp room in crash 2 but fuck these water levels :(

So well, i'd say they get progressively easier but since you can play all three you can play it in difficulty order(please correct me if i'm wrong
Well when you think about it, you've got three games worth of escalating difficulty, you could get your fill without actually finishing any of them.
When you put it like that well, i guess i could play a whole game set in the forest levels then?

Never played Crash before; so the games get progressively harder? That actually sounds neat.
As others have pointed out it's actually the other way around.
Though there are of course more evolved level designs, features and abilities as the series progresses.

When you put it like that well, i guess i could play a whole game set in the forest levels then?

Basically I'm thinking you could start with whatever entry you want and when one starts getting too tricky you can jump into the start of another entry and who knows, you could return to any roadblocks with more experience via the other titles.

Mariip

As others have pointed out it's actually the other way around.

Basically I'm thinking you could start with whatever entry you want and when one starts getting too tricky you can jump into the start of another entry and who knows, you could return to any roadblocks with more experience via the other titles.
Oh i didn't think about that, sounds like a good plan, thank you!
I'm mostly worried because of the first game, i'm not sure i can beat 1 but i think 3 might be doable... i'll probably start with that, then play 2 till that blasted water level before doing the boulder ones in 1 =_=

Shin-Ra

Ohhhhyeah!
CB2coco1.jpg
CB2coco2.jpg
CB2coco3.jpg

Tapejara

N.Sanely jealous of everyone playing right now. Wish Amazon.ca would ship early!

I had yet to give the remixed tracks a listen, and holy crap a lot of these are really good. Love the Cortex boss tracks.

I'm glad a North American retailer is getting the Crash merchandise, but the PlayStation Gear store can be brutal with international shipping :'(. Ah well, *opens wallet* Edit: oh whoops, I thought this was the NA Gear Store. fuuuuuuuck

Crash 2 is gaming nirvana. It's even better than I remember it. And it's so BEAUTIFUL.

It really is one of the best platformers ever. It plays great, the level design is super focused and isn't dragged down by the myriad of vehicle levels in Warped. The only time Crash 2 really drags for me is in the final warp room, and that's really because two pairs of levels with repeated themes ("Piston it Away"/"Spaced Out" for machinery; "Rock It"/"Pack Attack" for jet packs). Otherwise, Crash 2 is pretty much perfect.

Armigr

Is the logo roll that you get when you boot up unskippable? If not, I can't seem to figure out how to get skip it. I wouldn't mind if it was brief, but it's nearly a minute long. :(

Amazon still haven't shipped my copy... if it's not there by the time I get back from work, I'll just pick it up somewhere else and return the copy. Absolutely fucking insane that a world class retailer can't supply release day products.

Cels

i don't have a ps4 but i did love all the games on ps1

reading some reviews

gamestop says:
Razor-thin tolerances for success and one-hit deaths make for a frustrating pairing.
git gud

gamesradar:
Regardless of whether you steer with the directional buttons or the analogue stick, the first game especially is utterly unforgiving.
hm, this may be something to talk about. first game never had analog controls anyway so one would hope the dpad would be good enough if you want to experience it the original way

Sullichin

First game has to be easier now that you don't have to beat a level without dying to get the box gems. That was definitely the hardest part about the first game

PSqueak

Banned
My attempts to entice the local gameplanet to sell me the game early continue to be thwarted, can't wait for tomorrow.

Toxi

Banned
Guys... i suck at platforming, but i really love crash, should i buy this game even though i know i'll probably never finish it :(?
Crash 2 and 3 aren't that hard. I beat Crash 3 as a kid and I sucked at video games.

Though I remember struggling hard at those damn motorcycle levels.

Ultimadrago

Crash 2 and 3 aren't that hard. I beat Crash 3 as a kid and I sucked at video games.

I'm dreading the airplane levels personally. They weren't the hardest thing, but I hated them in my younger days.

Sullichin

Back in the day I loved Crash 3 but I was disappointed with all of the non platforming levels. I'm really curious to see how the Jet ski levels feel now. I hated those.

Mariip

I remember my cousins spent like, a whole day trying to beat Area 51... man, so many memories about that game

(They had 3 and 1 but 1 was so hard nobody touched it

HardRojo

Well, game's already here in Peru but they won't be selling it till tomorrow. Seems like someone's pressuring sellers to stick to street date, at least for this title lol.

Tesser

Whenever you get to Crash 2, don't forget to quit out of the first stage three times without collecting anything. Same goes for the polar bear on the second floor...as I'm sure you'll know what I mean. Little things like that that Vicarious made sure to cover are much appreciated.

I'm dreading the airplane levels personally. They weren't the hardest thing, but I hated them in my younger days.
They feel way easier in this one. I hope everybody tries the time trials and compete on the online leaderboards. I managed to make top 5 in orient express in crash 3. That's the coco level where she's riding the tiger on the wall of China. So much fun competing

kc44135

So, this is probably a question that will be asked alot, and is likely difficult to answer since it's subjective and all, but... Would I like these games? I've, uh, never played Crash (well, I think I played like 5 minutes of Crash 1 years ago when it was free with PS+, back on PS3, but I turned it off pretty quickly cuz it was fugly). I do have a fondness for platformers of all kinds though, and loved plenty of 'em back in the day. Do y'all think these games hold up, Crash fans? Also, are they, like, collectathons ala Yooka Laylee, Banjo, etc. or more about straight platforming?

Top Bottom