• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy |OT| N.Teresting and N.Tertaining N.Fographics With-N

FelipeMGM

Got a call from my retailer, it just arrived there, going there to pickup in a few hours

I still cant believe this is really happening

Anarion07

No HDR. unless its in a later patch. but not on 1.01

0GMF5.gif

Bumhead

Banned
The review thread is absolutely awful already.

Glad to see this get solid reviews. I suspect the main target audience for this entire project is people like me who grew up with Crash, waited years for an announcement like this and knew they had to have it as soon as it was confirmed. This and Wipeout have been the two least relevantly reviewed games I've ever bought.

That said, if a strong showing of 8/10's tips a few new players our way and helps revive the series, then great.

The only review comment I don't agree with is "lack of content", which I briefly saw touted around the review thread before bailing. It's THREE well sized single player campaigns at £28.

Sullichin

Ugh wtf, my Amazon digital order is still pending so i couldn't preload before work. Never had this problem before :/

Is there any way to cancel a digital order on Amazon? I can't seem to. Was thinking of trying my luck at a gamestop or something to see if i could get it today instead of waiting till 3am

Played the first game upto the Papu papu boss.

Ended up using the D-pad because it felt more comftable for the game. Might be different for crash 2 and 3 since i used the stick for them on PS1 and PS3.

Looks great but i do wish it had HDR.

Well sized? Don't the games take like 8 hours max if you mess around each? That's 24 hours of content. I think it's worth $40 but others may view this as lacking. I see both sides.

Anarion07

Ugh wtf, my Amazon digital order is still pending so i couldn't preload before work. Never had this problem before :/

Is there any way to cancel a digital order on Amazon? I can't seem to. Was thinking of trying my luck at a gamestop or something to see if i could get it today instead of waiting till 3am

I wish we had digital sales on amazon in Germany.. never seen one. Had to order Diablo 3 Ultimate Edition at 9 pm via Prime Now for 20 to be able to play it that evening. on PSN it was 69€.

Amazon charged me today, but I still have a scheduled delivery date of Tuesday. FML, Amazon's been dicking me around recently... If I don't get it tomorrow, I may as well finally join the GCU family.

muteki

Played the first game upto the Papu papu boss.

Ended up using the D-pad because it felt more comftable for the game. Might be different for crash 2 and 3 since i used the stick for them on PS1 and PS3.

Looks great but i do wish it had HDR.

Between this and Wipeout my PS4 d-pad will be getting a lot of use :)

I wasn't planning on getting this at release anyway but wtf at amazon? I was checking to see how much of a discount prime would give me and the estimated shipping date was July 11th

_Rob_

I wasn't planning on getting this at release anyway but wtf at amazon? I was checking to see how much of a discount prime would give me and the estimated shipping date was July 11th

I imagine like several local places, they've sold all their stock with unexpectedly high pre-orders.

It certainly is. Mine is at home waiting for me now. Only half hour of work left before I get major nostalgia chills!
I am rather jealous, enjoy!

haveheart

Banned
Amazon DE just sent me mail that it probably won't arrive tomorrow due to shipping problems on their side. Seems that it's sold out or something. Pre-ordered a while ago.

This sucks, they should've noticed me when I had the chance to order it somewhere else to get it in time...

MilkBeard

Considering getting the game now that I watched the DF analysis video. Game looks gorgeous, and reminds me of the glory days of platform gaming. Simple but fun. Might be a good buy for playing with wife and kids, so I'm seriously considering getting it.

I don't. it's three full goddamn games. amount of content is not an issue

Yeah, I think it's quite nonsense considering it is three games remade that were originally packaged and sold separately for $40 each.

Playing it now and Crash 1 is a stinker. I feel like I made it through Hog Wild by sheer luck. One obstacle in that level needs ridiculously ambiguous timing.

Then the final level in the first world, um what? It's like never ending trial and error bullshit. Seriously, why won't it end. Put me out of my misery.

Does it get worse than this? I feel like leaving it and moving onto the sequels.

*Splinter

Playing it now and Crash 1 is a stinker. I feel like I made it through Hog Wild by sheer luck. One obstacle in that level needs ridiculously ambiguous timing.

Then the final level in the first world, um what? It's like never ending trial and error bullshit. Seriously, why won't it end. Put me out of my misery.

Does it get worse than this? I feel like leaving it and moving onto the sequels.
Well I don't think there were even any bridge levels in world 1 sooo....

You might want to move on :p

Crash 2 and 3 are substantially better than Crash 1 in my opinion.

Ahasverus

Git gud :p

Rellik

The review thread is absolutely awful already.

Glad to see this get solid reviews. I suspect the main target audience for this entire project is people like me who grew up with Crash, waited years for an announcement like this and knew they had to have it as soon as it was confirmed. This and Wipeout have been the two least relevantly reviewed games I've ever bought.

That said, if a strong showing of 8/10's tips a few new players our way and helps revive the series, then great.

The only review comment I don't agree with is "lack of content", which I briefly saw touted around the review thread before bailing. It's THREE well sized single player campaigns at £28.

All reviews threads are awful. Full of crybabies and people who think a review score actually has any relevance.

I just avoid them now.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member

I'm playing the first game and it is way too difficult. I don't think the controls are tight enough to justify it. There's a lot of trial and error and it's honestly very annoying. I've had enough of it after the first world.

Whatever, nobody liked Crash 1 anyway. I'm gonna move onto the other games and forget the original exists. Disappointing that they couldn't bring it up to standard.

Peter Brown, is that you?

Krakin

Guys. I discovered this by accident many years ago and if it was a legit cheat, it should still be in the code. When you get to the winter portal room in Crash 2, the polar bear cub should be there. Start jumping on him consecutively. Just spam X while on top of him. I don't know how many times you have to do it but I eventually got 99 lives. Eat all of my wumpa fruit if this is old news.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Guys. I discovered this by accident many years ago and if it was a legit cheat, it should still be in the code. When you get to the winter portal room in Crash 2, the polar bear cub should be there. Start jumping on him consecutively. Just spam X while on top of him. I don't know how many times you have to do it but I eventually got 99 lives. Eat all of my wumpa fruit if this is old news.

It is still in the game...i think someone said there's a trophy for doing it too

Well I'm in, having never played any Crash game fully through (most of 2 and 3 mind you, not so much for 1) this should be interesting.

Thus far I've just done the stage after Ripper Roo in Crash 1.
It's pretty much as I remember, some basic but fun platforming, still have moments where enemy hitboxes seem iffy and some oddly precise jumps for early game stuff (I'm guessing Native Fortress was a kidslayer, and it can be again!).
Even factoring in the remaster changes am I right in that Crash's physics are still a bit improved in 2 and 3?

Oh and since the visuals were often a point of discussion, looks damn fine to me.
Arguably this comes at a price, which is to say while Wrath of Cortex (hey, this one I did beat!) ain't part of this it's at least somewhat here in spirit with the loading at times, hopefully that's more because 2 and 3 are still installing or something.

Krakin

It is still in the game...i think someone said there's a trophy for doing it too

Oh it even has a trophy? That's cool. Back in the day it wasn't listed on IGN. I guess I'm a bad person for abusing the cub for the lulz hehe. It was trying to see how many times I could jump on him without making him fall flat.

Mariip

Guys... i suck at platforming, but i really love crash, should i buy this game even though i know i'll probably never finish it :(?

I don't. it's three full goddamn games. amount of content is not an issue
It's 3 games that are short. I'm personally fine with the price to content ratio but I can see why others may view the package as lacking. There are a lot of single player games out there that offer far more bang for your buck but I don't know if it's fair to compare those to a remaster of PS1 era titles.

Top Bottom