• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy |OT| N.Teresting and N.Tertaining N.Fographics With-N

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.... BEST BUY says im getting the game today!

giphy.gif

Burbeting

Banned
Hey, question.

I've heard multiple people state that Sony owns CTR ip, but I can't find any sources about it. Does somebody have those?

demu

Fuuuck. I underestimated the time trials big time. I guess no Platinum Trophies for me.

edit: I can't even get the first gold one. wtf

These games hold such sentimental value to me I cannot even begin to describe! My childhood and first gaming years personified.

Hey, question.

I've heard multiple people state that Sony owns CTR ip, but I can't find any sources about it. Does somebody have those?

This is from the PSN listing

CTR (Crash Team Racing) Game ©1999-2007 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Published by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
Developed by Naughty Dog, Inc.
Source Code © Naughty Dog, Inc.
CTR and Crash Team Racing and related characters ™ & ©1999-2007 Universal Interactive Studios, Inc. All rights reserved.
Sony copy write, Universal (Activision) trademark.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Doesn't that mean that Activision owns CTR too? Or am I reading it wrong.

It's poorly phrased, but the copyright there refers to the characters. Sony owns the game ("CTR [Crash Team Racing] Game ©1999-2007 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.").

fhqwhgads

Game is gonna get high 70s for sure. Game reviewers are never kind to platformers unless it's Mario. I've known that ever since Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze got low 80s/high 70s despite being a god damn masterpiece.

Pre-loaded last night. Real hyped. I haven't played a platformer in a long ass time. I kinda expect to hate Crash 1 though. I enjoyed it at launch but damn that was a long time ago. The general design of the game is pretty dated now. But hey, gives me some good training to get back into the swing of it though seeing as it was always the hardest one IMO.

*Splinter

Fuuuck. I underestimated the time trials big time. I guess no Platinum Trophies for me.

edit: I can't even get the first gold one. wtf
Not got the game yet, but in general (ie. for any game with time trials) the easier a level is the less margin for error you have in a time trial, so early levels are probably going to be the hardest to beat the gold times.

dcelw540

Can we all just take in that less then two years ago we all wanted crash to come back and tomorrow it becomes a reality.

Spades

Got my copy today from Amazon. Excited to play (haven't played a Crash game since the PS1 days) but with the recent Xbox version leaks, I sort of wish I'd waited a bit! Oh well.

Ash735

Reviewers will tear this game apart for not being Mario. And of course Crash was never good and this game has aged terribly.

That's what I'm expecting from most websites, I'd say mid-60s.

You guys should definitely try contacting Amazon CS directly, just in case they can still get it to you today or tomorrow. If you contact them about the promised release day delivery they may be able to fix the situation for you, I've heard of people having some luck with this in the past at times so it's worth a shot.
Unfortunately I did try and they said that they could not do anything about it. It was a problem that is out of their hands.

Carl2291

Got it yesterday and played a bunch of the original title, got 85% completion and 2nd in the world on the Whole Hog trial.

Apart from the loading times when going from level to islands or vise-versa, it's pretty much perfect so far.

Amazon have been slipping for video game releases for the last few years now. So many occurences of payment being taken day of release, meaning delivery isn't on release day, as well as a host of other issues resulting in panic over whether or not the game you wanted on release day will arrive on time. More and more things (availability and prices) hidden behind Prime paywalls. Such a mess for being one of the biggest companies in the world.

I've been buying games exclusively from Best Buy for the last 4 years and have NEVER had a single problem with it. For $30 every 2 years (versus Prime at $99 - though obviously more selection) I can get some fair prices and without any issue of delivery, though I mostly do a local store pickup.

Amazon just isn't as good as it used to be for buying games. At least in my experience and based upon from the many accounts I've read online.

Regarding Crash though, I'd love to hear more impressions! I'm on the fence about it, but debating on picking it up tomorrow!!

jennetics

Great OT! Excited to see how this game does once it launches. Hopefully it sells well enough for VV to make other AAA remasters for games we've been clamoring for.

nowarning

My copy from Amazon got shipped yesterday but it's being delivered by Royal Mail tomorrow so here's hoping they don't fuck it up. I'm busy tonight anyway so not bothered that it's not come a day early, but I'm looking forward to playing a lot this weekend.

My head says it’ll score low/mid 80s but my heart is hoping for 90+.

The game could literally be an absolutely flawless recreation from top to bottom and we aren't going to see a 90+ Metacritic. The ceiling for a game of this nature is ~85. I'm guessing an 81. Can't wait to play!

G-Bus

Banned
I've come to realize I only played the original as a kid. I've never even seen the second or third game.

Think I'll be up late tonight. Can't wait.

GreenStig

Neo Member
Been waiting in all day for the post man. Guess it wasn't meant to be. At least i know how i will be spending my Friday night.

Nesther

It's just my opinion, but this game holds up really well gameplay wise. I'm having a lot of fun. Short levels, hidden secrets and a satisfying difficulty. These devs really nailed the controls too.

alexbull_uk

The game could literally be an absolutely flawless recreation from top to bottom and we aren't going to see a 90+ Metacritic. The ceiling for a game of this nature is ~85. I'm guessing an 81. Can't wait to play!

Yeah I know but a man can dream lol

Honestly as others have said I won’t even be surprised if it scores ~60 for being outdated and not Mario.

No matter though, the fans (me) will love it I’m sure.

iFirez

I've only ever played Crash 1 and I never finished it. I look forward to diving back in to that game and 2+3 tomorrow night.

Glix

So pumped, I have this bad boy preloaded and will be getting baked as fuck and playing right when the clock strikes midnight.

HardRojo

I only wait for the reviews to find out whether they've broken something. It's not like I need to be convinced of the games themselves.
Reviewers will hardly point that out, some of them probably never played the originals. I'd expect actual user experience for stuff like that to surface. I'm not really expecting big scores to be honest, mid 70s probably.

Flousn

Just got my copy from the local gamestore. Had a really hard and stressful day, now I am more than ready for reliving a big part of my childhood.

Also, jep, mid-60 to mid-70 metascore.
Non-mario-platformers don't do that well.

Top Bottom