• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy |OT| N.Teresting and N.Tertaining N.Fographics With-N

goldenpp72

So i'm not sure if this is a glitch or, what, but I have all the trophies for gems in the game, I have all visible gems on each level through 1-30, and also the gems in the 2 hidden levels, then I read a guide that said all 44 gems, is my game glitches or am I missing something? I'm still working on the last 3 relics but wanted to do all the gems, but couldn't find one missing.

DElTNEXUIAQRG73.jpg:large

So i'm not sure if this is a glitch or, what, but I have all the trophies for gems in the game, I have all visible gems on each level through 1-30, and also the gems in the 2 hidden levels, then I read a guide that said all 44 gems, is my game glitches or am I missing something?

DElTNEXUIAQRG73.jpg:large

Last gem is for all relics (at least gold).
It will be in the middle of the warp room / stage select room.

Demoskinos

On one of my final Relics for Crash 2.... Spaced Out. This level sucks. Barely got through Piston It away with gold this one looks even harder to gold. Close to all trophies tho have to press on. >_<

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Beat Crash 1/2, think I'd best beat Warped and try to get its plat first, or at the very least. Seems genuinely the easiest of the trilogy. So strange how the difficulty goes in reverse, and in a trilogy of games spanning that were released so close to each other). It's true, isn't it GAF?

And of course, Warped is still the best Crash. Was an n.sane leap and I bet it was about as much work to remake as Crash 1 and 2 combined.

Kickz

Oh man Slippery Road or whatever on Crash 1 was a damn struggle... Finally just beat it tonight, it can't get harder than this lol...

I really wanna play Crash2 finally

Lace

Trying all night to get the yellow gem in Crash 2. I finally was able to make to the gem with seconds to spare when magic happened. I didn't realize it was recording our voices until I watched the clip.

https://youtu.be/RxCL7_2MVlQ

This game trolls hard.

Demoskinos

Crash 2 down! Now on to Warped tomorrow. Going to take a Bandicoot break for the rest of the night though. Overall Crash 2 was okay and had some really fun levels to speed run but at the same time it also had a over abundance of auto scroller levels (running from boulders, riding on bears) that I didn't really care for. Although Totally Bear was actually not bad.

cordy

Banned
Yeah I can't get all the Platinum relics. I'll just be ok with getting a Sapphire. I just got a Sapphire in The High Road and honestly I thought I was fucking killin it. Idk how people got that last one.

Yeah I can't get all the Platinum relics. I'll just be ok with getting a Sapphire. I just got a Sapphire in The High Road and honestly I thought I was fucking killin it. Idk how people got that last one.
Just a reminder you need at least Gold for trophies

The High Road has (for now) crushed my hopes of a Crash 1 Plat :(

xrnzaaas

I finished the main levels in Crash 2. I liked most of them, but they had some frustrating moments (the bees!). Sadly the final boss fight was super disappointing. I passed it on my first attempt even though I wasn't that good at controlling
the jetpack
in other levels. The previous boss much was much more interesting.

jmartoine

Got to the High Road and gave it a few attempts before bed last night, can't even remember if I made it to the first checkpoint before giving up.

xrnzaaas

The real question is do people really want a difficult jetpack based boss doe.

I'm not saying that is should be a really difficult one. I was mostly disappointed at its length, a final boss fight shouldn't end in roughly 45-50 seconds (including the introductionary cut-scene) especially when the earlier boss could easily take 3 minutes of your time.

Demoskinos

Wooooowwwwwwwwwww, I guess I gotta redo some levels lmao.

Just got a Gold for Slippery Climb but High Road is a different story, damn.

Hope you're good at rope jumping mate. Cause that's the only physical way to get gold or better on High Road.

*Splinter

Hope you're good at rope jumping mate. Cause that's the only physical way to get gold or better on High Road.
https://youtu.be/8bKnb3iZQRQ

Oh, beaten

Rope jumping was making me pull my teeth out the other night. Road to Nowhere was bad enough, High Road is ritualistic torture.
I spent hours trying to use the ropes at first. Eventually beat it by cutting my rope usage down to the absolute minimum. (The run above is no ropes at all but that was a bit harder)

*Splinter

The irritating thing is there doesn't seem to be any rule for the rope jumps themselves. They can instantly ruin a run if you mess up one jump.
Weeeeell the rule is to land in the middle of the rope, easier said than done with the given camera angle though :p

It does seem slightly easier to jump onto the rope nearer the ends, I think it's thicker there, but there's a slight curve which makes running along the rope dangerous.

After hours of missing big turtle jumps and hit and miss rope hopping I settled on a timing that got me across the first two big turtle jumps and gambling on a big rope run for the third after the Aku Aku crate. I'd say to me most of the level isn't that hard apart from those big jumps.

Gulz1992

I just want to say fuck whoever came up with the time trials for Crash 1. They are completely out of place in that game, as many of the levels were designed to be played slowly and require precise jumping. The times set for them are also extremely unfair. The High Road in particular, as far as I can tell, is utterly impossible to get gold or platinum without exploiting the ropes.

*Splinter

Sure it must be easier if your Crash makes jumps that mine literally cant without turtles
Literally

After hours of missing big turtle jumps and hit and miss rope hopping I settled on a timing that got me across the first two big turtle jumps and gambling on a big rope run for the third after the Aku Aku crate. I'd say to me most of the level isn't that hard apart from those big jumps.
I think I know exactly which turtle you mean, and yeah it's the hardest by far.

I just want to say fuck whoever came up with the time trials for Crash 1. They are completely out of place in that game, as many of the levels were designed to be played slowly and require precise jumping. The times set for them are also extremely unfair. The High Road in particular, as far as I can tell, is utterly impossible to get gold or platinum without exploiting the ropes.
Time trials were my favourite part of Crash 1! For a game designed without them I thought they worked remarkably well.

Each to his own, I have to correct you on that last point though: https://youtu.be/8bKnb3iZQRQ
(For the second time this page, lol)

Is it just me, or does Crash 3 look way better than the previous two?
I thought 2 and 3 both looked amazing. Definitely a step above 1 (which is still nice but not as impressive).

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The High Road just took all 20 of my lives, and my soul. I didn't even reach the first checkpoint.

cordy

Banned
Crash 1's turned into my podcast game at the moment. I turn on a podcast, pick a level and try to do these time trials. I really like the journey of seeing yourself get better little by little until you finally get the trial down. I'll move onto the other games once I get this one down. It'll increase this game's longevity for me. Crash 1 is giving me way more fun than I expected.

Zushin

I disagree. For not having been designed for them, they became the most enjoyable part for me personally.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So I found it easier getting the gold relic in High Road than beating the level the first time. Huh. Turns out using the ropes for jumps is a lot easier than the turtles, which have been utterly fucked in this version.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
So I found it easier getting the gold relic in High Road than beating the level the first time. Huh. Turns out using the ropes for jumps is a lot easier than the turtles, which have been utterly fucked in this version.

Assuming you can actually land on the damn ropes when you try instead of falling off the edge....that was my issue with the ropes. Seems very inconsistent to even get him to land on them correctly. Havent attempted time trials on the rope levels yet and i know im going to invent new cuss words when i finally do lol.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Assuming you can actually land on the damn ropes when you try instead of falling off the edge....that was my issue with the ropes. Seems very inconsistent to even get him to land on them correctly. Havent attempted time trials on the rope levels yet and i know im going to invent new cuss words when i finally do lol.
More consistent than getting turtles to actually give you the correct distance on a jump.

Regardless, High Road is a trash tier level in this game. Great in the original. Trash here.

Tapejara

Crash 1's turned into my podcast game at the moment. I turn on a podcast, pick a level and try to do these time trials. I really like the journey of seeing yourself get better little by little until you finally get the trial down. I'll move onto the other games once I get this one down. It'll increase this game's longevity for me. Crash 1 is giving me way more fun than I expected.

Found myself doing this with the time trials as well!

Mr.Ock

Sooooo, I think I got a weird bug in Crash 3; basically all the numbered pads to enter levels are gone. I can't do anything :( I tried quitting and restarting the game but they're still gone. Damn, if this fucks my save up I'll be so mad... I was like 2 relics and 1 gem short of Plat

Tapejara

Sooooo, I think I got a weird bug in Crash 3; basically all the numbered pads to enter levels are gone. I can't do anything :( I tried quitting and restarting the game but they're still gone. Damn, if this fucks my save up I'll be so mad... I was like 2 relics and 1 gem short of Plat

Did you get 44 gems? You probably have to go fight Cortex again in the firth warp room.

More consistent than getting turtles to actually give you the correct distance on a jump.
I found the turtle bounce to be reliable so long as you're pressing forward before bouncing, but found the hitboxes on them to be too small and a generally slower tactic if you happen to hesitate or miss bouncing on them when they're at the far end of their pathing (which can happen when rushing).

The hitboxes on the ropes and/or Crash/Coco seems punishingly strict. Something like Castle Machinery seems completely fine even with this remake's changes to landing near edges, but it makes the bridge levels unfun when speddrunning. It might be consistent throughout, but after probably literally hundreds of tries, I still never felt at all confident about some spots. I never speed-ran the original, but I could focus on the fun level design rather than the idiosyncrasies of the physics.

Top Bottom