• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creationist Lawmaker Says Noah’s Ark Was Found, Rocks Prove God Created Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Edit: Sorry, I made a mistake. I rechecked, Dan Claitor is a Republican State Senator, and John Milkovich is a Democratic state senator. I originally misread it as both being from the Democratic party.

State Sen. (R) Dan Claitor sponsored a bill to repeal one of Louisiana’s two creationism laws, the Balanced Treatment for Creation-Science and Evolution-Science Act, which was struck down by the Supreme Court in 1987. That hasn’t stopped Louisiana lawmakers like Milkovich (D) from supporting the ideas behind it.

“Are you aware that there is an abundance of recent science that actually confirms the Genesis account of Creation?” Milkovich asked Claitor during the Senate committee hearing on his law. “The notion of instantaneous Creation has been validated by the scientific study of heliocentric circles in rocks.”

Milkovich said explorers had “validated the Biblical story of Creation by the archeological discovery of civilizations in the Mideast that seculars said did not exist.”

Milkovich claimed there is “published research” on the discovery of a “ark or large boat” on Mt. Ararat in Turkey, where Noah’s Ark was said to have landed after The Flood, as proof of creationism. (No such evidence exists.)

“At one point it was constitutional for people to be owned,” he said. “Looking back on history, what the courts deemed to be constitutional or unconstitutional is…something that changes.”

Then Milkovich went further, suggesting the Supreme Court’s decision to remove creationism from classrooms was similar to upholding “separate but equal” discrimination in 1896’s Plessy v. Ferguson (overturned by 1954’s Brown v. Board of Education).

He also said taking “God out of schools” and teaching children that humans are “evolved from gorillas” leads to “immoral behavior” like premarital sex.

(Claitor’s bill failed by a 4-2 vote in Louisiana’s Senate Education Committee.)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-was-found-rocks-prove-god-created-earth.html

Some people are just weird.

Tripon

what? the democrat is trying to remove creationist teachings from schools...

Read carefully. The democrat wanted to repeal a pro-creationist bill.

Dan Claitor (R) wrote a bill to repeal an already unconstitutional law. A democrat (John Milkovich) went on a rant to defend the law because of his creationist beliefs. The bill was voted down 4-2 because the committee has a bunch of people who believe in creationism.

Edit: I corrected the OP and this post.

Alucrid

Banned
They're both democrats. Dan Claitor (D) wrote a bill to repeal an already unconstitutional law. Another democrat (John Milkovich) went on a rant to defend the law because of his creationist beliefs. The bill was voted down 4-2 because the committee has a bunch of people who believe in creationism.

Senator John Milkovich
District - 38
Welcome and thank you for visiting my Louisiana State Senate webpage. I am humbled and honored to represent Senate District 38. My priorities this term include strengthening our Second Amendment protections; defending traditional marriage; fighting abortion; working to get rid of Common Core; protecting the right of citizens, including principals, teachers and coaches, to express their faith. We must also work to prevent an unfair share of the tax burden from being imposed upon small businesses, working families and senior citizens.

I believe the people of District 38 have the integrity, courage and core values to lead our state. With God's help, I hope to honor the values that unite our district: faith, family and hard work. Together, we can do better!

May God strengthen all of us, as we face the challenges of the days ahead.

Senator John Milkovich

oh. if he's a "democrat" i'm a walrus

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I would really like to see these peer reviewed published scientific works that this person is referencing.

Isn't the ark supposed to be on a mountain or some shit?

Also, did Russel Crowe even do the whole animal thing? I don't remember it happening

orochi91

My priorities this term include strengthening our Second Amendment protections; defending traditional marriage; fighting abortion; working to get rid of Common Core; protecting the right of citizens, including principals, teachers and coaches, to express their faith. We must also work to prevent an unfair share of the tax burden from being imposed upon small businesses, working families and senior citizens.

The bolded just killed me, lmao

"He also said taking “God out of schools” and teaching children that humans are “evolved from gorillas” leads to “immoral behavior” like premarital sex"

Woah! Got to watch that gorilla talk, it leads to premartial sex, so don't go watching Animal Planet anymore.

But we all know buddy, that you had all the premarital sex you could have. WE ALL KNOW.

linsivvi

With Democrats like these, who needs Republicans?

Milkovich supports strong conservative social and economic positions in sharp contrast to his party. These positions caused many outside his district to think mistakenly that he is a Republican.

On March 24, 2016, Milkovich announced that he will not support Hillary Clinton as his party's 2016 presidential nominee. He did not specify if he would instead back the Republican nominee.

WTF? Just switch party already.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
So basically a Dixiecrat that never got the memo to switch like the rest did?

Dennis

Banned
Teaching children that humans are “evolved from gorillas” leads to “immoral behavior” like premarital sex

This is like a parody of how I imagined a "Creationist Lawmaker" to talk.

Yagharek

“The notion of instantaneous Creation has been validated by the scientific study of heliocentric circles in rocks.”

Heliocentric circles in rocks? That word doesn't mean what you think it means, fuckstick.

kcp12304

Banned
If you discovered evidence of creationism then you would get a got damn Noble Prize. Yet there is always this "evidence" no reputable Scientist knows about. They need to stop pretending like Science is on their side. It's not. Just admit it's all faith.

SeanC

Isn't the ark supposed to be on a mountain or some shit?

Also, did Russel Crowe even do the whole animal thing? I don't remember it happening

He
traveled the lands, punching two of each animal until they were unconscious and dragged them unto the ark. And lo, he did punch the unicorn far too many times and it died.

He doesn't sound like much of a Democrat if I'm going to be totally honest with everyone.

Maybe he's liberal financially? If I were to take a guess on why he's a Democrat, it would be that he represents a very poor area and would otherwise be a Republican but can't come out publicly against things like food stamps or he would be out on his ass so fast his head would spin.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Maybe he's liberal financially? If I were to take a guess on why he's a Democrat, it would be that he represents a very poor area and would otherwise be a Republican but can't come out publicly against things like food stamps or he would be out on his ass so fast his head would spin.

Or could just be a holdover from when the parties basically switched.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I would have no problem with historical research done on an old boat found on land somewhere in Europe/Asia, but the fact that a boat like this hasn't even been found makes this whole thing a giant waste of time.

Pau

Ah yes, don't we all remember wanting to get hot and heavy 'cause of those lessons on the theory of evolution.

dabig2

"He also said taking “God out of schools” and teaching children that humans are “evolved from gorillas” leads to “immoral behavior” like premarital sex"

Woah! Got to watch that gorilla talk, it leads to premartial sex, so don't go watching Animal Planet anymore.

But we all know buddy, that you had all the premarital sex you could have. WE ALL KNOW.

Suddenly, "you and me baby ain't nothing but mammals so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel. Getting horny now!" just started looping in my head.

Ekdrm2d1

Creationist Lawmaker

HUd7UmY.gif

Can't really take a person serious at that point.

arnehelst

What does "heliocentric circles in rocks" mean?

Is he claiming that the sun is the center of the universe?

Tried to google it, but found nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom