• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Barge-Size Noah’s Ark Is a Creationist’s Wet Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
“Nobody’s ever attempted anything like this before,” Ham maintained, “because God never has brought all of these kinds of people — literally thousands of people — together to make it happen, until now.”

Did he just admit that Noah's Arc isn't real?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So.... with modern technology & support, it took them 6 years to build the Ark. And that's without the hassle of getting 2 of each animals.

I can't imagine how long it took Noah to make that Ark so many years ago. Could Noah predict the future so he could prepare a few decades in advance? lol

Addi

There was a version of Noah's Ark that visited Oslo, it crashed:

UdnD942l.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I actually think it's kind of cool to build something like that, but why the fuck are their dinosaurs on the ark?

"You bred raptors?"

"Even Nedry knew better than to mess with the raptor fences..."

Noah was asking for trouble. No one is endorsing your Ark, Noah.

Game-Biz

How evil of a God would you have to be to force your creations to undergo the long and painful, brutal process of evolution? You'd have to be a fucking sadist. Really sick and disgusting to think you'd have to be forced to love someone like that. Ugh.

pariah164

Part of me wants to see this, purely from an artistic standpoint (and morbid curiosity), but the other part of me is like 'I can buy a video game for $40 and probably get more out of it'.

Dalek

$100 Million Noah's Ark Attraction with Zip Line Spurs Protests

hundred-million-dollar-noahs-ark-attraction-with-zip-line-spurs-protests-1467918562.jpg

ife-size replica of the Biblical Noah's Ark opened to the public today in Kentucky, and more than 100 people showed up in protest.

According to the Ark Encounter website, the attraction is 510 feet long, 85 feet wide and 51 feet high—that's a football-field-and-a-half long and seven stories tall. Inside, visitors can peruse exhibits to learn about Noah, the builder of the ark who, according to the Bible, received a warning from God about a global flood. They can also survey cages of animal replicas, including dinosaurs and a pair of unicorns, and outside, check out a zoo with live animals and a zip line.

According to NPR, the attraction cost $100 million to build and will bring up to 2 million visitors a year, plus millions in tourism revenue.

Members of the Tri-State Freethinkers, an activist group representing people in Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio who champion secularism, stood near the exit for Route 36 in Williamstown waving signs that read, "A taxpayer-funded flood of ignorance. What a disaster!" and "Instead of forcing your kids to learn your version of the truth ... teach critical thinking instead."

Callie Wright is the LGBTQ ambassador for Tri-State Freethinkers. She tells Broadly protestors were there to voice their concerns about the violation of the separation of church and state. The ministry that built the ark, Answers in Genesis is receiving tax breaks worth up to $18 million, even though the attraction is for profit. Tickets are $28 for children and $40 for adults.

In the weeks leading up the Ark Encounter's opening, the Freethinkers and the ministry engaged in a billboard war. The Freethinkers raised $10,000 for a billboard with the words, "Genocide and Incest Park: Celebrating 2,000 years of myths." The ministry put up billboards with the message, "To all of our intolerant liberal friends, thank God you can't sink this ship."

Another issue for the Freethinkers is that Ark Encounter employees have to adhere to a moral code and sign a statement professing their Christianity.

"Answers in Genesis created a for-profit corporation to run this Ark Encounter, but they're claiming their religious exemptions to discriminate against gay people," Wright says. "We're here to be visible as the opposition to let people know this isn't OK. They've made it very clear that as a queer and transgender person, I am not welcome there."

AndyD

aka andydumi
So they have billboards here in Nashville with a dinosaur and "276 miles away " on them for this.

sarcastor

Update: It's losing money. and it's the athiests' fault :O

Ken Ham is Now Blaming Atheists for the Economic Failures of Ark Encounter

Recently, a number of articles in the mainstream media, on blogs, and on well-known secularist group websites have attempted to spread propaganda to brainwash the public into thinking our Ark Encounter attraction is a dismal failure. Sadly, they are influencing business investors and others in such a negative way that they may prevent Grant County, Kentucky, from achieving the economic recovery that its officials and residents have been seeking.

Kettch

Our attraction is a dismal failure for the community, because atheists keep lying about it being a dismal failure.

Update: It's losing money. and it's the athiests' fault :O

Ken Ham is Now Blaming Atheists for the Economic Failures of Ark Encounter

That's funny, I just saw Dalek's post from one year ago that had this quote:

In the weeks leading up the Ark Encounter's opening, the Freethinkers and the ministry engaged in a billboard war. The Freethinkers raised $10,000 for a billboard with the words, "Genocide and Incest Park: Celebrating 2,000 years of myths." The ministry put up billboards with the message, "To all of our intolerant liberal friends, thank God you can't sink this ship."

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Dinosaurs? lol I'm not one to make fun of others beliefs but come on? Dinosaurs? Really?

hollomat

Banned
"People have been calling it a failure and that turned it into a failure. But I swear it was super successful before that"

$100 million could have gone toward feeding the poor, housing the homeless and medicine for the sick.

But we'll build a big fake Ark instead. Cause that's a more Christian thing to do.

Diablos

Honestly though, let him have it even if it's losing money and whatnot.

I mean, science gets stuff like Hadron Collider. Let the simpletons muck around in their fictional paradise that is some silly attempt at Noah's Ark to scale based on THE WORD.

Just found out about this. I think it looks nice. Although the dinosaurs being there is kind of new to me.
I mean, science gets stuff like Hadron Collider. Let the simpletons muck around in their fictional paradise that is some silly attempt at Noah's Ark to scale based on THE WORD.
Come on man.

Diablos

Just found out about this. I think it looks nice. Although the dinosaurs being there is kind of new to me.

Come on man.
What? It's a free country, he is free to do that. I'm just saying that as time goes on it's all the more apparent that he is on the wrong side of history and making a fool out of himself. At the end of the day it has little to no impact on much of anything.

Sometime far far in the future, some guys going to be on stage at a space debate broadcast to a hundred worlds. Arguing that not everyone from our time was stupid. He'll have diagrams, books, and videos all as proof. At the crowning moment, when all the people's of all the different earths are nearly convinced, the asshole he's debating is going to hold up a picture of this fucking thing for everyone to see. In that moment we will forever be remembered as an age of idiots and all of us who weren't will be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom