• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KY officials strip Ken Ham’s ‘Ark Encounter’ exhibit of its $18 million tax rebate

Slayven

So to sum it up...

The state offered them a deal because they wanted a tourist attraction built to make revenue for the state.

They then decided to "sell" their attraction to their nonprofit organization and claim tax exemption for $10 and the state decides that instead of a nominal tax to their tickets, they are stripping them of their deal for many millions more?

Beautiful.

When trying to be cute goes wrong

Kensation

577da1201800002400fa449c.jpg

No feathers.
But....I thought Satan tried to use the dinosaurs to destroy the ark?
destroytheark.gif

verifact.gif

Dehnus

I love that 11th commandment about being as Greedy as possible.

It's right up there with "Jesus will reward you with success if he likes you", "Jesus knows if he likes you from before you were born so don't complain" and "Don't give to charity, Jesus hates non successful people, otherwise he would have made them rich, successful and powerful too. Only he can decide if he wishes to safe them or not, but he probably already decided before they were born that they go to hell."

Calvinism ya'll! :p Isn't it lovely :).

Look it up, those that deny this, are lying to you or they simply don't know these tenants of this Christian sect :p.

Dehnus

destroytheark.gif

verifact.gif

Damn, fallen Angels are cute :). But then I always did like a badboy over a goodie two shoes, plus fighting the Calvinist Patriarchy for a more fair distribution of God's love (Which for Calvinists is shown in, Wealth, Power, Good looks and success). Are things I agree with :).

So yeah, if you ever wanted to know why Republicans and other conservatives have this unholy pact with extreme Christians? This is why ;). Calvinists literally are "you keep em poor, we'll keep em stupid." the religion :D. Calvinism basically is a religious way of how to blame the poor for being poor.. even before they were born :).

And yes, I know some idiot will tell me soon that : He knows a few Calvinists and they are nothing like that.

Well like Wahabis from Saudi Arabia: They are either lying to you, or they are stupid and don't know the history of their own sect.

PS: Many Awesome Dinosaurs could swim ;). Or were aquatic, how did they drown? :p.

destroytheark.gif

verifact.gif

I don't get this. God wanted Noah to have the arc, God was drowning the earth... if Satan stampeded some dinos to destroy the arc, couldn't God have just... stopped the flood for a bit until Noah got his shit together?

Can someone link the debate thread of him and bill nye? I can't seem to find it but I know it was a goldmine and I wanted a few laughs.

577da1201800002400fa449c.jpg

No feathers.
At the risk of saying anything remotely positive about this abomination of a tourist trap, no paleontologist thinks that sauropods had feathers. So this particular dinosaur (which is actually a recognizable Nigersaurus?) not having feathers isn't incorrect at all.

EDIT: It's actually pretty gross how well made that Nigersaurus model actually is. Right number of toes on the forefeet, nostrils in the right position, head's the right shape, etc. Kinda wonder who made that and if they knew it was being used in something so horrible.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't get this. God wanted Noah to have the arc, God was drowning the earth... if Satan stampeded some dinos to destroy the arc, couldn't God have just... stopped the flood for a bit until Noah got his shit together?

I think the Ark was already completed by then and Satan and his Dino-horde was just thwarted by the grace of God's foresight.

Top Bottom