• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Barge-Size Noah’s Ark Is a Creationist’s Wet Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

commedieu

Banned
Dinosaurs? lol I'm not one to make fun of others beliefs but come on? Dinosaurs? Really?

Eh. Talk shit all you want, but honestly, if you ignore science and various aging methods, as well as microbial life studies..

It makes total sense that dinosaurs are about 4000 years old. Carbon dating is fake, and all other dating is just as flimsy.

now who looks stupid?

Ri'Orius

Eh. Talk shit all you want, but honestly, if you ignore science and various aging methods, as well as microbial life studies..

It makes total sense that dinosaurs are about 4000 years old. Carbon dating is fake, and all other dating is just as flimsy.

now who looks stupid?

But if your position is that dinosaurs died out in the Flood, why would you have them on the Ark?

Mahonay

Banned
What if it was...ATHIEST MILLENNIALS???
tumblr_inline_n8gzh8rquB1rvol8t.gif

They still insist in making it look like a boat just like their Sunday school coloring books; when if it was real it would have been just a big box.

This is the first thing I thought. Like fuck man. If Genesis is so goddamn important to you, you think you'd be a stickler for details

So it took a shit ton of money and construction crews to replicate what one guy in sandals built thousands of years ago. And that doesn't set off a light bulb with these idiots?

now who looks stupid?

You didn't know Pharaoh chased Moses and the Israelite on a T-Rex?

So it took a shit ton of money and construction crews to replicate what one guy in sandals built thousands of years ago. And that doesn't set off a light bulb with these idiots?

Yeah, but it took Noah like 125 years to build the ark.

And he died at the ripe old age of 1000 or so.

Neither of which gives these idiots pause.

Not

Banned
I don't see any people of color in those pictures. My brothers hi-5

Uh lol I don't see no black people in the Holy Word

But if you're one of the good ones and behave, you might get into heaven with our lord and your master, WhiJe

big_z

I'm not up to date on the good word of Jesus but could someone that is explain what happened to the dinosaurs on Noah's ark? Cleary they were worthy of saving yet we don't have them so what happened?

Mindlog

The ark is solvent if offered as a venue for galas, art exhibits and raves.
maEbHS5.jpg

That's an EDM festival just waiting to happen.

Good, glad it's doing poorly. Hope is all comes crumbling down. This is nothing but a giant useless box of poison for our children's minds.

Not

Banned
I'm not up to date on the good word of Jesus but could someone that is explain what happened to the dinosaurs on Noah's ark? Cleary they were worthy of saving yet we don't have them so what happened?

They consciously rejected the Holy Father's graciousness

The ark is solvent if offered as a venue for galas, art exhibits and raves.
maEbHS5.jpg

That's an EDM festival just waiting to happen.

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn den of debauchery

As someone that is currently building an oil tanker, I can appreciate the effort of making a wooden ship of that size (let's ignore it not being seaworthy).

But as a "millennial atheist" I also find it a farcical waste of time and money that would have better been spent elsewhere.

NewGame

Banned

In Australia, Melbourne, the national art gallery was designed according to the instructions listed in the book of Genesis by Roy Grounds. This is why it is surrounded by a moat of water, to give you a brief look at what a floating ark might have looked like.

However this OFFENDED a lot of people, both religious and nonreligious people, the first one claiming that it didn't sych up with their boat-like design which if they had actually read the book would of found it was literally a tar covered box, not a curved hull design we have today and of course the nonreligious people fedoras tipped so hard their brows were knocking against their knees.

So now they just say "ITS JUST A BUILDING I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT" because it's just easier that way.

StoneFox

What a waste of trees.

Including dinosaurs too... What, did Noah allow them on his ship just to be the food for all the carnivores? Since they obviously still died out and all.

openrob

Creationism is a very wide concept though. Saying that God is responsible for all creation is totally fine but saying that evolution doesn't exist or that Earth is 6000 years old is not.

It's people who take the Bible literally. Modern civilisation fits in with that ~8000 year old estimate. So it's understandable that the Bible points to around then as starting point for humanity within its story.

Does not mean that the earth is that old haha

They starved to death, because what the hell are you going to feed all the carnivores on board

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Those poor children, loonies for parents.
I'm not religious at all, but honestly if I was in the area I might take my kids to see it. My kids are pretty impervious to indoctrination though. My daughter goes to a church pre-school and I asked her who God was. She said he was a big man with a toothbrush stuck in his teeth.
My son thinks that when people are talking about Jesus they are talking about his best friend from pre-K who is called Jesus or Jeezy for short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom