• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creepy image thread.

Melchiah

Qi5FLEi.jpg

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Did anyone else read those "Scary Stories" books when they were young?

The stories themselves weren't always scary, but the pen-and-ink drawings were straight out of nightmares.
sc12eq8.jpg

Man I so HATED the artwork from those books...

I heard there are new versions without the awesome artwork, would be a shame because the old stuff was both terrifying and beautifully done.
Yeah. . . While the new artwork is drawn well, it isn't nearly as creepy. The only reason to own the books in the first place was for Stephen Gammell's art. Now you get this. . .

Yup, they replaced the image of the girl with no nose or eyes with that.^

the chris

Yeah. . . While the new artwork is drawn well, it isn't nearly as creepy. The only reason to own the books in the first place was for Stephen Gammell's art. Now you get this. . .

Yup, they replaced the image of the girl with no nose or eyes with that.^

If you think that's bad, here's what they did with the 'Harold' story:
xEu2IBo.jpg

vs.
FyvpMRk.jpg

While not neccesarily deliberately creepy, there is a craigslist posting on the Columbus, OH board stating:

Shooting Location - House For Rent

I am posting this because I need to make some extra cash.
I am renting out my house for your local film.
House is not in the best condition.
Rental fee is negotiable... basically tell me what you can afford.

photo's can be found at: http://www.jamesmaynard.net/house/

Here's a small selection of said photos:

Someone actively lives here. This place looks like it should be condemned. I'm not out to be mocking someone who has fallen on hard times or anything, but for someone to be living in a place like that like it's no big deal, there has to be something not quite right. Additionally, he claims to do 'Paranormal Investigations' on his site.

Melchiah

QFS
zJxYzAw.jpg

pARupwH.jpg

A skeleton in the Capella Sansevero, an ancient Italian church which has been turned into a private museum of anatomical petrification. The skeleton was given an injection before death which somehow preserved all veins, arteries and capillaries. Photo by Evans/Three Lions/Getty Images, circa 1955.

QFS
o6HMEXZ.jpg

Edward Weston - St. Roch Cemetery, New Orleans, 1941.

Melchiah

h5vgjaI.jpg

mvpgqRz.jpg

XBdndDE.jpg

N20CBuk.jpg

dyEGswV.jpg

"Brazilian street artist Herbert Baglione has somehow managed to make an abandoned psychiatric hospital in Parma, Italy even creepier with his paintings of shadows.
The way Baglione’s shadows creep out from disused wheelchairs and lurk ominously on the walls makes it easy to imagine that they belonged to the tortured souls that used to inhabit the place.
The work is part of Baglione’s "1000 Shadows" project, where he paints silhouettes on floors and walls."

Melchiah

nfHFllb.jpg

8yJhFlL.jpg

© Arpad Slancik

EDIT:
07RrisE.jpg

“Fairy tale about a girl, who hanged herself in the attic. She was hanging there for so long, that her sweet scent enticed butterflies. These coated her livid body and now it looks like she was only a chrysalis, swayed calmly by a draught.”
- Fairy Tale by Laura Makabresku

Melchiah

Lucifer (Morning Star) is an installation by Paul Fryer at the holy church in Marylebone depicting a wax Lucifer suspended by high-power lines.

mhG8ExEh.jpg

p7AqUSL.jpg

IY121xB.jpg

CsT8O2Eh.jpg

Ki1wy0f.jpg

Top Bottom