• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cringe yourself to sleep or

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yikes.

pCFGBcx.gif

nictron

I always thought cringe videos were like graphic/gore type videos.

I'm not sure if this is worse, or what, I'm not okay

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm incapable of cringe. I just laugh at these people, I don't feel bad for them. Having done some cringey shit when younger I just laugh it off.

EulaCapra

Oh dear god. What's wrong with me? I've handled more death videos than cringe ones.

All the ones posted here I had to exit out 15 seconds in. I just can't!

Phreaker

Oh dear god. What's wrong with me? I've handled more death videos than cringe ones.

All the ones posted here I had to exit out 15 seconds in. I just can't!

It's weird. These videos don't bother me as much as watching people get hurt, or worse, killed (IRL, not movies). Like those montage of pwned videos of people skateboarding or whatever, can't watch those.

Aselith

I guess promposing is a thing, huh? Just a way for cowards to do it without really DOING it. Just ask, fellas. The very existence of promposing is cringe-inducing.

Honestly, everytime I see this posted - I just don't find it a big deal. Like not at all.
Meh, I must be the only one.

You don't find people that speak icanhazcheeseburgerlish cringe-inducing? Oh dunno, man, i just don't know.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Damn that one was actually sad.

Also that dude is in high school? o_O If he told me he was older than me (22) I would believe him.

I guess promposing is a thing, huh? Just a way for cowards to do it without really DOING it. Just ask, fellas. The very existence of promposing is cringe-inducing.

I mean that's a very cynical way of looking at it. Sure it's kinda stupid, but it's sorta supposed to be. People did it at my high school and it was usually enough for a laugh.

Damn I think that guy mistook a girl's friendliness for attraction and a chance. Kudos for trying tho bro I know how it goes (except the sudden dance with balls the size of grapefruits)

And that video is complete with a hug-and-heads-almost-face-both-directions-oh-wait-she-turned-her-head-all-the-way-away-from-mine-180-degrees-I-will-now-turn-mine-quickly-away-the-signs-were-wrong situation. Got daym. I can't at all

K.Sabot

so glad i made it out of my adolescence without doing something irreversibly cringey, so glad I transcended to existing in a plane of social awareness before youtube was a thing.

Is this just an age thing? I mean is it just younger people that "cringe" at the actions of others? Younger people tend to care more about what others think, so it makes sense that they would be receptive to the "cringe"-worthiness of the actions of others.

Aselith

Is this just an age thing? I mean is it just younger people that "cringe" at the actions of others? Younger people tend to care more about what others think, so it makes sense that they would be receptive to the "cringe"-worthiness of the actions of others.

Nope. If anything, watching kids be awkward teenage weirdos gets more acute the older you get for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom