• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrowbCat - 5 Years + $40M = ME Andromeda

Video is hilarious. I died at the last part.

However, having actually played the game, the stuff that is really obtrusive and bothersome is few and far between, and there's a lot to love about the game. I think this is a case of the the internet focusing too much on the negative aspects of the game and giving others an overly negative impression. I think the current metacritic score, 74, is an apt score for the game. I'd bump it a few points if they fix some of this stuff, which seems well within their power to do.

Charcoal

At least for a while.

The name is too big not to bring back at some point down the road.
Well they spent 5 years on Andromeda, and for the most part, burned any good will the series had left after 3. If they take another 5 years to reboot the series, I think the name won't matter at that point.

Not that it is happening much here, but to the people saying glitches aren't a big deal, and saying that a game like New Vegas is much worse. 5 years of dev time. Let's not also forget that NV is a masterclass as far as writing goes.

I've been seeing it on Reddit and a few other boards. And I just don't see how it's an excuse.

I completely respect people who write off the game, it is buggy as shit, but I think attacking people who like it like a couple posters did goes too far.

The game's embarrassingly buggy, but it's still easily my GOTY so far. I understand if that isn't the case for most, but, yikes @ being dissed just for enjoying the game.

Plum

I really enjoyed Bioware's attempt at the Banderas gif.

8l82igf.gif

This actually makes sense in the context of the game.

Ryder's actually drinking from a bar that only serves
Switch games

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree that the Mass effect IP might go in stasis for a little bit after this.

If only because I see the bioware B-team that worked on this game shifting over to help the A-team work on their Destiny competitor.

Not that it is happening much here, but to the people saying glitches aren't a big deal, and saying that a game like New Vegas is much worse. 5 years of dev time. Let's not also forget that NV is a masterclass as far as writing goes.

I've been seeing it on Reddit and a few other boards. And I just don't see how it's an excuse.
New Vegas also had a shorter dev time than most AAA games too and if I remember right Bethesda was in control of QA, not Obsidian.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Man he destroyed this game. There is just nothing left. There were ruins near the end, but with the final shot he brought the wrecking ball back for one final swing. That ending was perfect, final nail in Bioware's coffin.

RoyalFool

Banned
This is what happens when you give diversity more importance than actual ability when hiring staff. It sounds like they hired folks who were completely out of their depth.

Lead coder hadn't coded for 3 years.
Facial animation lead was someone with zero experience with video games.
The writer was a known hack who wrote all the shit people complained about in the last game.

Why did it have to happen to this series, couldn't they have fucked up call of duty or something instead.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
How in the hell did they follow up Dragon Age Inqustion with this? I'm about 5-6hrs in, just finished the 1st planet. I don't know if I can go on. This will be the 1st bio ware game since never winter nights that's I don't finish :(

This is what happens when you give diversity more importance than actual ability when hiring staff. It sounds like they hired folks who were completely out of their depth.

The writer was a known hack who wrote all the shit people complained about in the last game.

Why did it have to happen to this series, couldn't they have fucked up call of duty or something instead.

what is wrong with you

Ratros

What? May I have the source? I'm dying to know more about it...

That's bullshit, and this is not a problem of a few members of a team of dozens and dozens of people. The result of this is clearly not an individual level.

We don't know the full story but how much is EA really to blame in this? Is this really an evil publisher thing or an incompetent dev thing? Maybe both?

Pusherman

giphy.gif

Joeku

giphy.gif

This particular studio had a record of releasing undercooked material. This really is not anything new.

Edit: God-fucking-damnit, Pusherman.

Didn't the writer of Halo 4 also write this game? If so I'm not surprised the writing is bad.

I love Mass Effect, why did this have to happen. :(

RoyalFool

Banned
what is wrong with you

Come one, even the folks who left are saying it was the case. Don't try blaming frostbite etc when it's pretty obvious a lot of the B team had never made a game before and were put into positions well above their ability due to positive discrimination.

It's a shit situation for all involved, shame telling the truth in this case is giving people too many gamer gate flashbacks to admit it.

Top Bottom