• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cry On (xbox360) is canceled

RBH

So what does Mistwalker's future on the 360 look like?

Are Blue Dragon 2 and/or Lost Odyssey 2 still possibilities?

duckroll

Paznos said:
How come they didn't make it a multi-platform game?

First they would have to make a game first. Obviously, that didn't pan out, so why does the platform even matter?

RBH said:
So what does Mistwalker's future on the 360 look like?

Are Blue Dragon 2 and/or Lost Odyssey 2 still possibilities?

That would depend on MS.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
I just hope Mistwalker stays afloat. Shame about Cry On.

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Wasn't there an article about Sakaguchi and co. working on an RPG; ironing the flaws, ins and outs out of it? Maybe it's a different title.

I want Mistwalker to live though :(

Don't die!

Like Gooch will ever let one of his truly interesting concepts come to fruition.

Who wants ICO x SotC when we can have a party of misfits save for world with love and shitty Deus Ex Machina enducing shitty songs!

I'm calling it being cancelled due to a Gooch and Itagaki colab, as if Itagaki would allow himself to be associated with pussy emotions: Tit's On is the future.

Aaron

Hard to feel sad about something that didn't seem to go beyond concept art. I'm glad enough they're keeping Blue Dragon going in some form. The original game has a charm that's very rare in videogames.

duckroll said:
What does this have to do with MS?

I haven't read the press release (Can't speak the language) but I assumed, as with all Console Mistwalker games, that Microsoft would be publishing it, therefore if it is axed then it is because MS did so.

On the bright side due to my constant flow of bitter tears I can't fall asleep and thus I'll be able to keep tabs on this ebay auction that ends in like 5 hours. =/

Either way tomorrow is going to suck eggs.

duckroll

Conflict NZ said:
I haven't read the press release (Can't speak the language) but I assumed, as with all Console Mistwalker games, that Microsoft would be publishing it, therefore if it is axed then it is because MS did so.

Cry On always was an AQ Interactive game. It was never published or funded by MS in any form or way. It was announced 3 years ago in December by AQ Interactive has a huge big budget collaboration with Mistwalker, and would have been an action RPG game with adventure elements and a graphics engine that would be able to render toon-shaded graphics of Ghibli movie quality. 3 years later, it's now obvious that Cavia simply couldn't deliver the goods.

Lebron

Conflict NZ said:
AQ Interactive was publishing it. MS had nothing to do with this one.

And here I was hoping against hope that Drakengard 2 wasn't a fluke and Cavia is capable of delivering a good game when they put forth the effort.

But dammit things just aren't going to work out that way. Now I've got to worry about them even being capable of putting out a game.

WarLox

duckroll said:
Cry On always was an AQ Interactive game. It was never published or funded by MS in any form or way. It was announced 3 years ago in December by AQ Interactive has a huge big budget collaboration with Mistwalker, and would have been an action RPG game with adventure elements and a graphics engine that would be able to render toon-shaded graphics of Ghibli movie quality. 3 years later, it's now obvious that Cavia simply couldn't deliver the goods.

6427_IraqSoldierCrying.jpg

Top Bottom