• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 - XBOX 360 Demo [Out Now]

Oh man, I did not like the demo at all. Beyond the gameplay (whose faults or not, have already been debated), everything about the presentation just really turned me off. The intro video with its bro-tastic voice over was just offensive to me as an adult.

Not to mention the post game Lobby UI was just a confusing mess. It made me really appreciate the elegance of Bungie/Reach.

Oh well. The sunset lighting was really pretty. Jumping was fun.

Kibbles

They definitely improved the controls responsiveness. I know people were complaining about it in the other demo, I didn't really notice it, but this feels a lot better in terms of movement and responsiveness.

feel

The netcode seems very improved from the few games I played earlier. And pier17 looks sweet, can't wait to play the campaign, the game looks really gorgeous imo. Love going underwater and looking at the sun.

minasodaboy said:
Oh man, I did not like the demo at all. Beyond the gameplay (whose faults or not, have already been debated), everything about the presentation just really turned me off. The intro video with its bro-tastic voice over was just offensive to me as an adult.

Not to mention the post game Lobby UI was just a confusing mess. It made me really appreciate the elegance of Bungie/Reach.

Oh well. The sunset lighting was really pretty. Jumping was fun.
Completely agree with the intro video and UI issues. Took me a while to work out how unlock classes and what was available to unlock for attachments etc. Dog tag system and weapon customization is well implemented though. Also intro video didn't go into as much detail as it should have and definitely had a "look how cool this shit is" vibe to it.

Fortinbras said:
What happened to the framerate? This new demo runs worse than the last demo. How could this happen?

Uh, is your 360 dying?

I have noticed zero stutter or framerate drops? The game has run flawlessly in every situation thus far.

Just got around to playing this, did not care for at all. Maybe it's the map or my tv has suddenly gone to shit but everything was so brown and drab looking, also was it just me or do the other players simply not look or react as if they're getting hit by a shit ton of rounds like they should? Just doesn't feel right.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
gamebroker said:
its useless though correct?...seeing as its a multiplayer demo and all

I used a 2 day Gold pass, most people have one lying around, was saving it to see how the demo ran, pita that the passes don't allow you to download Gold exclusives demos.

zero margin said:
Just got around to playing this, did not care for at all. Maybe it's the map or my tv has suddenly gone to shit but everything was so brown and drab looking, also was it just me or do the other players simply not look or react as if they're getting hit by a shit ton of rounds like they should? Just doesn't feel right.
Your first statement is just completely wrong. the second part yeah the guns are kinduh wimpy, but I mean you are shooting dudes that are in high preformance nano armour. Eitherway the feed back from the weapons is still not great.

practice02 said:
Your first statement is just completely wrong. the second part yeah the guns are kinduh wimpy, but I mean you are shooting dudes that are in high preformance nano armour. Eitherway the feed back from the weapons is still not great.

fuckin junior telling me I'm wrong. jk. It looked brown, I dunno. Killcam was a joke too.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I actually liked the demo. Sure, there are some things that need to be fixed and addressed, but overall I think those can be ironed out, and this can be a very good game.

Lingitiz

-Yeti said:
I seem to be in the minority here, but I actually liked the demo. Sure, there are some things that need to be fixed and addressed, but overall I think those can be ironed out, and this can be a very good game.
The general opinion seems to be that the more you play it the more you start to like it.

-Yeti said:
Oh i still liked it and ordered it after the demo but i just think somethings could have made it better.

Lingitiz

zero margin said:
That's not a good thing. Once you get numb you will enjoy it lol.
Its not that. Once you figure out how to combine the powers and manage the energy bar better it starts feeling less like COD+Halo and more like its own shooter. It does not leave a great first impression though.

I tried to like it. I put a good hour into the demo. But...it's too hard to see your opponents sometimes, and the guns aren't all that satisfying. The controls are awesome though.

The Michael Bay-esque music before the match is absurd. So stupidly loud and obnoxious. I know that would end up driving me crazy.

I'm just gonna stick with Reach and hold out hope that Brink turns out good.

mjc

Do we know if the spawns are gonna get fixed? That was my primary issue with the beta and it kinda got to me after awhile. Love the rest of it though.

Top Bottom