• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 - XBOX 360 Demo [Out Now]

markao

Crysis 2 XBOX 360 Demo Announced (@EA.uk)

Crysis 2 Multiplayer Trailer (@youtube)

The Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo on Xbox will be live on Tuesday 25th of January.
Cancel all your plans and get you and your mates ready for the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo which has just been announced for next week, exclusive to Xbox Live.
For now we've got a banging two minute preview - so watch as two teams of six go head-to-head with the strength, agility, and stealth that only a Nanosuit can offer!

So from January 25th, be ready to team up online and Be The Weapon in the new Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo exclusively on Xbox Live.

Be strong. Be fast. Be invisible. Be the weapon.

Crysis 2 is out on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on March 25th.

Just reminded I made the OP, so let's update it a little with latest info ;)

Demo (Gold only) is live : info here : Crysis 2 Multiplayer Closed Beta

Crysis 2 - Multiplayer Demo Briefing (video)

Crysis 2 - Multiplayer Demo OUT NOW Trailer

Map used in the demo is skyline (or rooftops as it was once named) & there seems to be a second map, PIER 17, not sure how/what exactly ;)

Skyline:

Eurogamer - skyline - Gameplay HD

Direct captured gameplay video - Skyline (youtube)

Pier 17: Direct captured gameplay video - Pier 17

And some images, videos and Hands-on previews from the MP showcase events held by EA:

Preview/Hands -on video:

IGN.uk video preview
GameXplain.com - video
Gametrailers - Streets HD
Gametrailers -Rooftops HD
Gametrailers - MP modes interview

Previews text:

Joystiq - Crysis 2 multiplayer preview: Situational shooter
Destuctoid - Crysis 2 may be your new multiplayer obsession of 2011
GameSpot - More New Maps, Unlocks, and Mode Details

Screenshots from demo taken by shinnn (post 777)

33lcdfl.jpg

20aevpj.jpg

j129ao.jpg

1549czr.jpg

faacjt.jpg

EA PR Screenshots:

iNvid02

an exclusive demo -_-
ah well, even if it turns out to be shit i only paid £25 for it, will sell without a loss

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, we wouldn't want a hacked filled PSN version to be indicative of the final product now would we.

No footage of PS3 version yet.

_dementia said:
safe to assume it's gold-only, right?
Multiplayer demo.

adelante

Hmmm...haven't heard of that prodigy track in a while...*adds to ipod playlist*

So it's coming out same day as Bulletstorm demo then?

Mr_Brit

Banned
BTW this just reminds me that they've still yet to show the PS3 version to the public even though we're a few weeks from launch. It must be horrendously bad which is a shock since they said that it was going to be the superior console version.

I never understood the logic of an exclusive demo (from a developer/publisher perspective). Especially an exclusive demo for the platform that is already guaranteed tons of sales for your game.

I get that MS might have paid for it, but I don't think that compensates for the possible missed sales on other platforms.

If the MP is awesome then i'll buy the game, the trailer has nearly sold me on it already but I need to know it plays like that and it's not just for looks :p

Most likely they will have all of the problems from the beta flushed out then. But man, we have this, then Bulletstorm demo, and then Breach comes out the 26, next week is going to rock.

szaromir

Banned
I expected the console version to look much worse than that trailer. The beta footage I saw was atrocious, this trailer looks very good.

Jas

BigBoss said:
Still hiding the ps3 version...

Actually it's coming off like Microsoft has some deal in place when it comes to this game. Seems pretty similar to how Call of Duty is handled until it hits retail.

Mr_Brit

Banned
szaromir said:
I expected the console version to look much worse than that trailer. The beta footage I saw was atrocious, this trailer looks very good.
No way that's the console version as it runs at 720p no AA. It's probably the PC version run at console settings with supersampling.

Nizz

BigBoss said:
Still hiding the ps3 version...
This. I'm interested in the game but I'm not biting till I see some footage of the PS3 version and read impressions on it. Right now it seems like that version's a disaster...

Yeah I've never understood why a company would make an exclusive demo when they should just want all versions to sell. What scares me is that I doubt MS through money at them for exclusivity, and if that's the case, why can't we see the other versions....

kodt

Banned
PC demo better come later. People have to know how it will run on their machine.

Especially with the sequel to one of the most hardware intensive games of all time.

Xater

They could have just used footage from the PC build.

It most likely was a PC build.

Also "Invaders Must Die" is quickly getting on the most overused songs in trailers list. I mean we got the DNF trailer with that song today!

Mr_Brit

Banned
Zzoram said:
They better release a PC demo of some kind before release like they did with Crysis 1.
Highly doubt that. Every PC gamer with a respectable level rig is going to be buying this game to test their rig, a demo won't bring in any more people but could potentially dissuade some people from buying it.

S1kkZ

the beta/alpha i played (360) was pretty cool. it looked great (texture details, water effects, map design, broken glass) but the framerate had big problems (it was unlocked and jumping between 15 and 40ish fps) and there were a lot of other issues (texture reloading, lod pop-ins, awful animations). if they get rid of those problems, it will look awesome.

Zzoram

Slidekick!!! Best FPS of the year, confirmed. Slidekick was the best thing about F.E.A.R. and I've been wanting it in every FPS ever since then.

MP trailer looks great. Has a lot of sandbox elements similar to Reach, which is definitely a good thing. Makes you interact with the environment more. Now the question is, do I wanna get the demo on 360 and possibly ruin the pc version for myself? The answer is yes, yes I do.

Emitan

Mr_Brit said:
Highly doubt that. Every PC gamer with a respectable level rig is going to be buying this game to test their rig, a demo won't bring in any more people but could potentially dissuade some people from buying it.
A lot of people will probably pirate it to test it out. If there's no demo a lot of people might just skip it because if they can't run it, it's a waste of money.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Mr_Brit said:
It would be a bad move on their part to not at least release a benchmark. People are going to be buying rigs to play this game.

Zzoram

Mr_Brit said:

A short demo or even benchmark released before the game would probably reduce a lot of the casual "just to see how well it runs" piracy. This is important because people who like the demo may actually go buy the game, but people who like the pirated copy might just keep playing and not go buy it.

DangerStepp

Kind of off the path, but still within the field of discussion: Where does everyone here go for their PC gaming info?

I haven't had a reliable source since CGW/GFW went defunct. :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Damn, was hoping to try out the PS3 version. Here's hoping it's not in bad shape. I do look forward to impressions though. That trailer looked fun.

JB1981

StuBurns said:
Still no PS3 version? I bet it's an utter mess.

i remember they showed off the engine on ps3 a long time ago and they boasted about how good their ps3 performance was.

Top Bottom