• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 - XBOX 360 Demo [Out Now]

In my mind the ps3 version is so close to the pc version that MS paid to have exclusive demos and videos so they wont look as bad...

Right!? Yeah i'm laughing as i'm typing this...
Had some hopes for this game

wwm0nkey

Mr_Brit said:
Didn't you get banned? How did they find you out?
My friends wanted me to make accounts for them on the site and since all accounts used the same IP address they called me and asked, told them the truth. I completely understand why they did that though, it makes sense and not really angry or anything.

wwm0nkey

I just realized in the demo trailer that might have actually all been 360. It used the weird texture loading stuff it did in the alpha, not as extreme this time though as it only effected things on the ground.

wwm0nkey said:
I just realized in the demo trailer that might have actually all been 360. It used the weird texture loading stuff it did in the alpha, not as extreme this time though as it only effected things on the ground.

I'd be shocked if it were. It was just too smooth. Hard to say without better footage, though.

RainbowByte

Neo Member
eso76 said:
strange, didn't Crytek show tech demos of their engine on both x360 and ps3, with the ps3 version looking marginally better ?

Making a tech demo look good on ps3 and making an actual well functioning shippable game on ps3 are two entirely different things.
PS3 version is being hidden for a reason, i'm sure DF will have a lot of fun comparing the two against each other.

wwm0nkey

nextgeneration said:
I'd be shocked if it were. It was just too smooth. Hard to say without better footage, though.
Actually looking at parts of the trailer...it looks very close to what was in the alpha graphic wise with a little extra polish. I actually think this was all 360 now lol.

Really though the alpha level we played looks EXACTLY how it did graphic wise in this trailer.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The day after I get back from vacation - nice!

Being gone for a month and a half has left me with way too much demos and games to play that I missed...

wwm0nkey said:
Actually looking at parts of the trailer...it looks very close to what was in the alpha graphic wise with a little extra polish. I actually think this was all 360 now lol.

Really though the alpha level we played looks EXACTLY how it did graphic wise in this trailer.

If that is indeed 360 footage, then that's highly impressive. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

RainbowByte said:
Making a tech demo look good on ps3 and making an actual well functioning shippable game on ps3 are two entirely different things.
PS3 version is being hidden for a reason, i'm sure DF will have a lot of fun comparing the two against each other.

Let's see if he'll actually call out Crytek like he did with Square. When Treyarch botched the PS3 port of BO all he did was make excuses for them.

wwm0nkey said:
Ive been looking over it more and more and im at least 90% sure that this is 360 footage.

Good news if true. If it looks good enough, I may not bother upgrading my graphics card; I'll just go with the 360 version. People are saying "yuck, multiplayer" on this thread, but that's my bread and butter so playing this on xbox live makes a shitload of sense.

To all those that are wondering why this demo is exclusive to the 360.

The answer is simple.

Crytek are not owned by EA and thus, are unaffected by Riccitiello's shady backroom deals with Sony or anyone else.

Blizzard said:
I shall look forward to......an eventual PC demo since I don't have a 360. ;_;
On the one hand I want to laugh and make a trite joke about EA going into bankruptcy before putting out a PC demo. On the other hand if they were to release a PC demo for any games, Crysis 2 and Bulletsorm would have to be those games.

modulaire

If this is 360-footage then I'm really impressed. Looks great.

There are too many interesting games coming out in such a short time I won't be able to get everything I want.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Good lord, wake up guys, that is not the 360 version. That is the PC version in high settings.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Diablohead said:
The slide move reminds me a lot of Vanquish's sliding, just more limited. Better then prone dolphin diving at least.
Sliding reminds me of Vanquish. Assassinations remind me of Reach. Stomping reminds me of Crackdown.

Looks good, though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Stumpokapow said:
okay, when two trailers in a single day use "invaders must die", it's time to retire the song.
HAHA !

Just tweeted about it.
Great song and album too !

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
nextgeneration said:
Yeah, looks too smooth to be the 360 version. I'm highly skeptical this is the 360 version as well.
I don't know under which kind of NDA I am, but just don't keep your hopes up ok.

wwm0nkey said:
Ive been looking over it more and more and im at least 90% sure that this is 360 footage.
What? Weren't you part of the beta? How can you even say that.

RainbowByte

Neo Member
godhandiscen said:
Good lord, wake up guys, that is not the 360 version. That is the PC version in high settings.

Yeah I don't know why people think agame company would ever show a console version of a game if they have a PC SKU they can flash all over the internet for max hype.

ColonelColon said:
It's kinda shady to specifically advertise the 360 version with PC footage imo.

But companies do this all the time by showing CG instead of gameplay when they debut their games. ;) Seriously, this kind of stuff should be outlawed.

wwm0nkey

godhandiscen said:
It has the same texture loading things the alpha had if you look at parts, Skyline looks almost the same, some parts of the trailer are seriously lacking in the AA department too. Also compared to the PC screen caps the nano suit looks crap compared to the PC version and more in line with the version we played in the alpha. I just think this is the 360 version but we will see Tuesday.

arena08

wwm0nkey said:
It has the same texture loading things the alpha had if you look at parts, Skyline looks almost the same, some parts of the trailer are seriously lacking in the AA department too. Also compared to the PC screen caps the nano suit looks crap compared to the PC version and more in line with the version we played in the alpha. I just think this is the 360 version but we will see Tuesday.

arena08 said:
It's PC footage.

shinnn

godhandiscen said:
I don't know under which kind of NDA I am, but just don't keep your hopes up ok.

I was in the MP Stress Test and the Rooftops footage looks like X360 version to me.

wwm0nkey

shinnn said:
I was in the MP Stress Test and the Rooftops footage looks like X360 version to me.
Look at the garden area too, you see plant textures popping in which was going on in the 360 alpha.

RainbowByte said:
Yeah I don't know why people think agame company would ever show a console version of a game if they have a PC SKU they can flash all over the internet for max hype.

Maybe because when people actually download the demo they'll be completely let down after looking at that footage. Its called false advertising, nobody likes it.

edit: and don't you guys remember them showing off their new engine on ps3 and 360? It looked pretty damn good.

xbhaskarx

Not a Jellyfish said:
That is the same day as the Bulletstorm demo...

119810_o.gif

Shit just got real.

That is the same track as in Duke Nukem trailer...

Shit just got _____?

feel

Shouldn't the pc version be looking much better than that then? Though, maybe they made the trailer on medium to high settings so it would be less deceiving.

Nizz

wwm0nkey said:
BulletStorm
Crysis 2
Two Worlds II
Dead Space 2

son of a bitch.
Is the Bulletstorm demo definitely confirmed for the 25th? I remember reading a thread about it being a rumor, but I never saw official confirmation.

SolidSnakex said:
Let's see if he'll actually call out Crytek like he did with Square. When Treyarch botched the PS3 port of BO all he did was make excuses for them.
Wow, is this true? Unbelievable...

Top Bottom