• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 - XBOX 360 Demo [Out Now]

Feindflug

Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 demos at the same day? sounds nice - so curious to see what Crytek & People Can Fly can do with the old 360 hardware though I don't have high hopes for Crysis 2 to be honest, everything I've seen so far from the 360 version looked quite disappointing.

Nizz

wwm0nkey said:
Yep its confirmed.
Nice, can't wait to try it out. I only played one game from Epic themselves on PS3, UT3 and that looked and performed great imo.

On topic, I eagerly await impressions from this Crysis 2 demo.

wwm0nkey

If you guys like MP shooting games but are getting bored with the current FPS games, this is a breath of fresh air, well at least to me it is. The dog tag system is how CoD should have done kill streaks, such a great idea.

-SD-

Banned
You guys will be ejaculating overclocked megahertzes when the PC hype gets in gear with the demo announcements and all.

geeko

godhandiscen said:
I don't know under which kind of NDA I am, but just don't keep your hopes up ok.

What? Weren't you part of the beta? How can you even say that.

I was part of the alpha, and like what he said the main problem in the alpha was the framerate and texture pop. If they smooth out the framerate and limit the texture pop, this game will look really, really good on xbox. Crow will be eaten.

xbhaskarx said:
That is the same track as in Duke Nukem trailer...

Shit just got _____?
derivative

You'd think maybe picking the same music used for Scott Pilgram's completely unsuccessful marking campaign might not have been the best idea.

WJD

Ok, while we're kind of on the topic of PC gaming, can anyone recommend me a decent, not too expensive graphics card for Crysis 1?

I ran the test for recommended settings and passed everything except the video card, I have the GeForce 7950 GT.

Well, I know what I'm going to be spending most of next week playing.

Can't wait to see how the Nanosuit system stacks up against the armor abilities in Reach. :D

WJD said:
Thanks, that's all I wanted advice on so thought it best to drop in here and save everyone some time.
The people in that thread are all about answering questions like yours. I really do suggest you go in there and tell them what you need and your budget and a bunch of posters will be glad to help you out.

Edit: Just try to not get intimidated/depressed by people building new rigs with the latest and greatest they can get their mitts on.

Lostconfused said:
The people in that thread are all about answering questions like yours. I really do suggest you go in there and tell them what you need and your budget and a bunch of posters will be glad to help you out.

Edit: Just try to not get intimidated/depressed by people building new rigs with the latest and greatest they can get their mitts on.
I was completely clueless and they helped me out immensely. But while my gaming PC is being delivered and assembled, I'm looking forward to trying the demo out on 360.

Hopefully it has the 3D included too because it would be a nice way to try out my new 3D Ready TV. (Yeah, I've blown a ton of cash on toys lately...)

wwm0nkey

The Antitype said:
Well, I know what I'm going to be spending most of next week playing.

Can't wait to see how the Nanosuit system stacks up against the armor abilities in Reach. :D
MUCH better system than Reach has lol

schennmu said:
Neither console version of the game is going to be pretty....
Compared to what?

Compared to the PC version, yeah, they won't be nearly as pretty.

But compared to other console games? Especially other multiplatform titles? I'd be shocked if they don't look pretty damn good by those standards.

The Lamonster said:
Have they shown footage of the upcoming 360 demo?

Look at first post, most think this is pc footage. I think it probably is, but like I said, thats pretty misleading. If the demo was on all platforms, fine, but a trailer made specifically for the 360 demo and they use the pc version? come on.

wwm0nkey

AllIsOneIsNone said:
Look at first post, most think this is pc footage. I think it probably is, but like I said, thats pretty misleading. If the demo was on all platforms, fine, but a trailer made specifically for the 360 demo and they use the pc version? come on.
There are some parts in the footage where newspaper textures load the closer he gets to them, which im sure doesnt happen in the PC version. I played the ever loving shit out of the alpha (#2 on the leader boards I believe) and Skyline just looks so similar to what I played in the alpha version.

The Nature Roy said:
Compared to what?

Compared to the PC version, yeah, they won't be nearly as pretty.

But compared to other console games? Especially other multiplatform titles? I'd be shocked if they don't look pretty damn good by those standards.

I really doubt that it can compare to the other graphical powerhouses on consoles due to the sandbox aspect. No AA is kind of a bummer but the same applies to BC2. Can't wait for the demo.

AllIsOneIsNone said:
I agree that it looks like PC footage and I also agree that it would be kind of a bait & switch if so...

wwm0nkey said:
There are some parts in the footage where newspaper textures load the closer he gets to them, which im sure doesnt happen in the PC version. I played the ever loving shit out of the alpha (#2 on the leader boards I believe) and Skyline just looks so similar to what I played in the alpha version.

I hope you're right. Its odd, because the pc screenshots lead me to believe that it should look quite a bit better than the trailer, however it does look borderline too good to be on 360. Only time will tell.

Neuromancer said:
Anyone know if this game will have bots? Because that would be totally rad.
I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Would be cool though.

The Lamonster said:
I agree that it looks like PC footage and I also agree that it would be kind of a bait & switch if so...
I have no idea if it is or not, but it would be a mistake I would think to pull off such a bait and switch.

Now if you were going to show PC footage to 'trick' people into buying the 360 version, while unethical, it would make sense from a certain perspective ($).

But what good is fooling people into trying a free demo that comes out just a few days later? They will be found out right away and if anything, it would likely cost them sales.

Dizzle24

Sweet. I've been dying to play Crysis for ages, but since I am too poor to afford a PC that will run it, this is my chance!

The Nature Roy said:
I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Would be cool though.

I have no idea if it is or not, but it would be a mistake I would think to pull off such a bait and switch.

Now if you were going to show PC footage to 'trick' people into buying the 360 version, while unethical, it would make sense from a certain perspective ($).

But what good is fooling people into trying a free demo that comes out just a few days later? They will be found out right away and if anything, it would likely cost them sales.
Yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense. If the demo looks as good as it looks in that trailer, I will be seriously impressed.

The Lamonster said:
Yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense. If the demo looks as good as it looks in that trailer, I will be seriously impressed.
If it is the PC version, the only way it would make sense is if it was set to look extremely similar to the 360 version -- close enough that there could be some debate. Something of a moving bullshot -- basically the 360 version only a little smoother and more polished.

But if they were to show off the full-blown PC version at max settings and then people jumped into a 360 version that looked nothing like it -- that would do them no good whatsoever.

love love Crysis

my only complaint was that I couldn't use the nanosuit as efficiently or smoothly as the intro video of the campaign.....I hope the controls are tweaked to make the abilities more inuitive to use.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The Lamonster said:
It doesn't seem impossible to me. If you look closely, there are bits in the trailer where tearing occurs as well as moments where the framerate is slower. Most of the trailer is displayed a perfect 30 fps with no tearing, so to have scenes in which these issues crop up suggests to me that it COULD be the 360 version. With the size of the video and the compression, it could easily hide rendering flaws.

This is Crytek we're talking about here. There's a very good chance they will have achieved something very impressive on consoles even if it can't quite match the PC in the end (which really isn't possible if Crytek actually takes advantage of PC hardware).

All the signs point to the game looking not that impressive on 360 and especially on ps3.

Hope i´m really wrong. If my feeing is right though, hope the game still kicks ass.

Always-honest said:
All the signs point to the game looking not that impressive on 360 and especially on ps3.
I wouldn't be so sure. All of the hands-on from 360-focused magazines/sites have talked about how incredible the single-player looks. Meanwhile, the PC-centric journalists have commented on how poor the 360 version looks in comparison. I think it's just a matter of perspective.

If the game doesn't look extremely good for a 360 and PS3 game, then Crytek has messed up big time because this game is supposed to sell other developers on the idea of using CryEngine 3, is it not?

The Nature Roy said:
If the game doesn't look extremely good for a 360 and PS3 game, then Crytek has messed up big time because this game is supposed to sell other developers on the idea of using CryEngine 3, is it not?
yup, that would be the case.

StuBurns

Banned
I played some single player on 360 and thought it looked terrible, I imagine the PS3 version looks notably worse. We shall see I guess. I'm excited anyway.

The Nature Roy said:

You'd think that would be the case, but they won't even show people the PS3 version of the game. So there isn't much reason for multiplatform devs to be interested in it. If the company that created the engine can't even get their own game running well on it, then there's little hope for one of those other developers to do any better.

dark10x said:
It doesn't seem impossible to me. If you look closely, there are bits in the trailer where tearing occurs as well as moments where the framerate is slower. Most of the trailer is displayed a perfect 30 fps with no tearing, so to have scenes in which these issues crop up suggests to me that it COULD be the 360 version. With the size of the video and the compression, it could easily hide rendering flaws.

This is Crytek we're talking about here. There's a very good chance they will have achieved something very impressive on consoles even if it can't quite match the PC in the end (which really isn't possible if Crytek actually takes advantage of PC hardware).

Yup, Crytek's technological prowess can't be denied, but they're working with 4-5+ years hardware here. We'll see, though. I'll be getting the pc version myself, but it will be interesting to see what they can squeeze out of both 360/ps3 here.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Grisby said:
Looks fun, like Crackdown but from a FPS perspective.
That's definitely what it felt like during the Alpha.

Can't wait for this game. The Bulletstorm demo is coming out on the same day, no? EA Demo Day is next Tuesday. :D

That multiplayer trailer was BADASS. I hope this performs well on the 360 ( meaning a stable 30 fps at least). Can't wait for the demo.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The Nature Roy said:
I wouldn't be so sure. All of the hands-on from 360-focused magazines/sites have talked about how incredible the single-player looks. Meanwhile, the PC-centric journalists have commented on how poor the 360 version looks in comparison. I think it's just a matter of perspective.

Yeah, Crytek NEEDS this to look good on consoles if they really want to sell their engine. CryEngine hasn't been a hit with developers just yet, but this could help change that.

dark10x said:
Yeah, Crytek NEEDS this to look good on consoles if they really want to sell their engine. CryEngine hasn't been a hit with developers just yet, but this could help change that.

exactly but still they've been licensing their engine to military cooperations such as Lockheed martin, I think they're doing rather well in this regard.

No PS3 videos or demo no buy from me until I see smooth gameplay and graphics. I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 version turns out to be crap and bombs at this point.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
nextgeneration said:
Yup, Crytek's technological prowess can't be denied, but they're working with 4-5+ years hardware here. We'll see, though. I'll be getting the pc version myself, but it will be interesting to see what they can squeeze out of both 360/ps3 here.
Closed systems lend themselves well to optimization though.

Norml

I don't buy games with no demo unless has known quality.Nothing I have seen with crysis makes me want it and no demo to even try it pretty much guarantees no sale.

aegies

szaromir said:
I expected the console version to look much worse than that trailer. The beta footage I saw was atrocious, this trailer looks very good.

It actually doesn't. More next week.

Top Bottom