• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 - XBOX 360 Demo [Out Now]

Kibbles

Does the 360 version have motion blur? Shame that's PC footage, I didn't even think it looked that great there or in the Alpha =|

[edit] Actually, watching it properly with a 720p download, it looks great. I just hope the 360 version improved since Alpha.

markao

aegies said:
It actually doesn't. More next week.
You played it at one of the last weeks EA showcase events? And if so, when next week can we expect the new stuff/impressions to hit the web? (if you are allowed to say so ;))

TIA,

charsace

Looks like Crysis on high with some hits to the textures and effects. This what I thought they could get out of the 360 at 720p.

aegies

markao said:
You played it at one of the last weeks EA showcase events? And if so, when next week can we expect the new stuff/impressions to hit the web? (if you are allowed to say so ;))

TIA,

I played it yesterday. Preview (and video preview, with our own captured footage) up Monday morning.

I thought I read a year or so ago that the lead platform was the PS3 for this game, or at least it would be the superior version. So what's with the exclusive glorified demo garbage?

Square Triangle said:
I thought I read a year or so ago that the lead platform was the PS3 for this game, or at least it would be the superior version. So what's with the exclusive glorified demo garbage?

That was back when Crytek would hype the PS3 version in every interview. Now they won't even talk about it.

Square Triangle said:
There was a recent interview I came across where it was said that 360 was originally the lead platform because it was expected to be the least powerful system but more recently PS3 had become the lead platform because it was proving difficult to program for. I'll see if I can find a link.

Massa

SolidSnakex said:
That was back when Crytek would hype the PS3 version in every interview. Now they won't even talk about it.

Well, since then Crytek has announced an exclusive game with Microsoft and have clearly signed a partnership with them for promoting Crysis 2. I wouldn't take any of that as a sign that the PS3 version is any worse than what PS3 owners are already used to with multi platform games.

CadetMahoney said:
just curious, do companies have to pay when they use bitorrent?

No, the bandwidth used in bit-torrent applications is shared among all the users downloading the file: "You give me this piece, I'll give you this one," etc.

Massa said:
Well, since then Crytek has announced an exclusive game with Microsoft and have clearly signed a partnership with them for promoting Crysis 2. I wouldn't take any of that as a sign that the PS3 version is any worse than what PS3 owners are already used to with multi platform games.

The PS3 version was supposed to be shown at gamescom last year and it turned out to be a no show. We've seen the 360 and PC version running and usually when MS signs a deal for a game they make sure that the 360 version is the only one shown from then on. So there definitely seems to be something going on with the PS3 version. When developers hide that version of the game it's usually a very good indication that it's going to be a bad port.

Truespeed

scitek said:
Yeah, it's getting pretty funny at this point. Watch 'em cancel the PS3 version at GDC.

More like reduce the resolution, increase the screen tearing, reduce the FPS and finally slather it with quincunx.

Truespeed

SolidSnakex said:
The PS3 version was supposed to be shown at gamescom last year and it turned out to be a no show. We've seen the 360 and PC version running and usually when MS signs a deal for a game they make sure that the 360 version is the only one shown from then on. So there definitely seems to be something going on with the PS3 version. When developers hide that version of the game it's usually a very good indication that it's going to be a bad port.

Steamworks integration takes time.

I wish

kaskade

That's the same song from the duke nukem forever trailer.

Looks pretty awesome though. I can't wait to kick some cars.

Was Vanquish the first game to introduce that sliding strafe thing? Or is it old hat.

Lasthope106 said:
No, the bandwidth used in bit-torrent applications is shared among all the users downloading the file: "You give me this piece, I'll give you this one," etc.
thx I always assumed if your a business you have buy a license or something to use bittorrent.

noise36

1) Crysis MP is not why people buy the games...its all about the SP.

2) Nothing for PC? Yikes!

EDIT: Demo MP video looks awesome!

angelfly

Never been interested in Crysis beyond the incredible tech behind it but I will try the demo. Looks like it could be fun.

expy

Banned
Jas said:
Actually it's coming off like Microsoft has some deal in place when it comes to this game. Seems pretty similar to how Call of Duty is handled until it hits retail.
They've got another Crytek game coming too.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I feel like this is the first time a multi-player only demo has ever been labeled on several gaming sites as just "demo". It's just an observation.

I'm excited about the game, but there's no way I am going to be playing this on a console since I am happy to have had my computer recently upgraded and connected to my projector. I think it looks like a really fun game. Not sure why there seems to be so much negativity here on this forum against Crysis 2. Maybe it's the console crowd who never bought into Crysis 1 as anything more than a system hog? It was my GOTY. Loved all of it.

Great way to convince a potential customer like me Crytek, make me pay for a demo. I do have a XBOX360, but no gold membership, and I´m certainly not gonna get one because of things that should be free.

Crysis 2 is of my list.

segarr

CecilRousso said:
Great way to convince a potential customer like me Crytek, make me pay for a demo. I do have a XBOX360, but no gold membership, and I´m certainly not gonna get one because of things that should be free.

Crysis 2 is of my list.
before demos you just didn't play games huh?

Kibbles

Thunderbear said:
I feel like this is the first time a multi-player only demo has ever been labeled on several gaming sites as just "demo". It's just an observation.

I'm excited about the game, but there's no way I am going to be playing this on a console since I am happy to have had my computer recently upgraded and connected to my projector. I think it looks like a really fun game. Not sure why there seems to be so much negativity here on this forum against Crysis 2. Maybe it's the console crowd who never bought into Crysis 1 as anything more than a system hog? It was my GOTY. Loved all of it.
I played Crysis + Warhead on my laptop and while I couldn't run everything max, mostly high, some of the less-taxing stuff on enthusiast, I loved it. This looks totally different and the graphics don't seem as good, even though technically it's probably going to be better on my 360 than it would be on my laptop, it just looks off, maybe it's the art direction, I don't know. The recent footage in 60fps looks great, but yeah... I'm not going to get that out of my laptop and the FOV looks bad, and it seems like it's been slowed down and such. And I'm a freaking console FPS guy. I only have Crysis Warhead, Halo 2 Vista, Shadowrun, and Half-Life 2:TDM (for Goldeneye: Source and such) on my laptop. /rant over time to get some sleep.

Oh and the lack of a console map editor for this pissed me off. Really the only reason I was looking forward to this as a replacement for Far Cry 2. I was hoping for a game that finally had decent gameplay with a robust map editor, and that's not happening. (God Far Cry 2's multiplayer is a big pile of shit)

Zzoram

I'm sure the PC version will be better. FOV can often be fixed with tweaks and you can bet there will be a big mod community around Crysis 2. I'm personally going to wait for a GOTY since it's a console game now and those always have a bunch of DLC.

Momo

Banned
Zzoram said:
Didn't Lost Planet 1/2 have multiplayer only demos on 360 as well?
I had two Lost Planet 2 demos on PS3, one was MP co op, the other competitive iirc.

Topic: Fuck off with exclusive demos. Wanted to try this on all my consoles + PC

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Chiggs said:
Great tech and okay games, with a shift towards consoles. Crytek is the next Epic, confirmed.

actually gameplay in Gears of Wars is more valuable than graphics.

Zzoram

evil solrac v3.0 said:
and I assume this is your way of saying the game play in Crysis wasn't to your liking?

most people who say that never actually played Crysis, it was just a way for console gamers to feel better about PC games starting to blow away consoles in graphics

Top Bottom