• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Culdcept Revolt |OT| Heart of the Cards

Shiggy

There's a lot of DLC:
Culdcept Revolt - Free Bats' Free Time (NIS America) - €3.99/£3.59
Culdcept Revolt - Free Avatar Pack (NIS America) - Free
Culdcept Revolt - Free Book Cover Pack (NIS America) - Free
Culdcept Revolt - Vampire Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Necromancer Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Gothic Lolita Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Green Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Red Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Blue Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Red Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Yellow Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Alien Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Angel Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Detective Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Black Knight Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Hero Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Battle Boy Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Shrine Maiden Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Magical Girl Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Puppet Doll Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Tin Man Set (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Archer Pack (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Warrior Pack (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Musician Pack (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Horror Pack (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Mascot Pack (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Glasses Pack (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Rose Pack (NIS America) - €0.99/£0.89
Culdcept Revolt - Animal Pack (NIS America) - €0.99/£0.89
Culdcept Revolt - Steel Pack (NIS America) - €0.99/£0.89
Culdcept Revolt - Scale Pack (NIS America) - €0.99/£0.89
Culdcept Revolt - Dragon Pack (NIS America) - €1.99/£1.79
Culdcept Revolt - Avatar Pack (NIS America) - €19.99/£17.99
Culdcept Revolt - Book Cover Pack (NIS America) - €14.99/£13.49
Culdcept Revolt - Dice Pack (NIS America) - €9.99/£8.99

Got the limited edition on Tuesday (everything in it is very nice) and got to play it a little last night - just did the tutorial chapter but it's fun! I played the Culdcept on the 360 with a friend and we had some fun multiplayer matches. Looking forward to scratching this card collection itch without worrying about paying more money for more cards.

shaowebb

It's honestly kind of disgusting but this was probably released over time in Japan.

The free stuff and the cover for registering your email is mice though.
It was indeed released slowly over there. Mostly cosmetic fluff like dice books or avatars. Its like 3ish for the extra side story and maps though. Not bad for the stuf . That counts.

starmud

I usually avoid LE’s as it just gets packed away.... but the fact this game is getting such a release over here makes me feel like I need to get the LE...

Sent you a PM!

Thank you for your generosity!

This game is so great. It's one of those games where I wish I could grab people and sit them down and be like "PLAY THIS" and so many would find a new love. It's such a shame this series is niche.

My friends and I played it quite a bit a decade ago...couldn't wait for this one to come out. We had a kinda release day party thing where we played with starter decks a while. Can't wait to build up better card collections and get into the crazy strategy.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I'm still waiting for Amazon Italy to ship my copy pre-ordered months ago, but it seems they still don't know when it will be available.. i'm sad :( I may wait a bit more (it was a lot cheaper on Amazon) but if they will not have the game soon i'll just buy it somewhere else..

Where do you live. I just checked US Amazon and the LE is still available

shaowebb

So I just got one half of a card combo I used back when this hit and I played it on the japanese copy. You guys are gonna love this one...
get paid son! said:
jlth3Ib.jpg
8pwMevJ.jpg

PURIFY
cost: 20
effect: Removes all Enchant effects from the map. User then gains (number of different Enchant removed x50)G.

PLAGUE:
cost: 100
effect: Adds "Poison" Enchant to all creatures. (At the end of a battle, the creature's base HP is reduced by half of its MHP.)

So basically wait till there is a ton of shit on the board and cast plague on everything. It'll enchant every player's creature and put an enchantment icon over the head of every creature on the board. Then next turn you use purify and pretty much get the number of creatures on the board x50 in gold. GET PAID SON!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The love and frustration is back :)

Me and another dude had 8000 magic and we were 3 squares from a gate. He has the roll and rolls a 1. YESSSSSS!!!!! I wi-*third player proceeds to take over one territory and puts me under 8000 magic*. D: . First dude rolls and wins.

FUCK MY FUCKING LIFE!

starmud

I’m curious, they seemed to remove avatar changing at game start... when do you unlock the ability to change avatars?

Pepboy

There's a lot of DLC:

It's almost all cosmetic. Avatar and book covers have 0 effect on gameplay.

The only thing that matters are the challenges, but the game is ful of content as it is. For $40 there is a ton of content. But I think $4 for additional stages is fair. If I ever run out of content I'd be happy to buy it to support such a niche game getting released in NA. I bet there will be DLC sales as well.

It's honestly kind of disgusting but this was probably released over time in Japan.

The free stuff and the cover for registering your email is mice though.

Plus you get a ton of book covers and avatars and stages just by playing the game. And at least this DLC is actual content or cosmetics and not the modern "pay for extra packs of cards".

I’m curious, they seemed to remove avatar changing at game start... when do you unlock the ability to change avatars?

You get it very early, after beating first stage of chapter 3 or last stage of chapter 2. Basically once you finish tutorial + intro. Should correspond to like 2-3 hours of play.

LEs don't get the discount anymore, unfortunately. It really sucks though it's now saved me some money by making me think twice about just getting them by default.

Some LEs get the discount, apparently, because I got mine from Amazon and it was $47.99.

Pepboy

Not too far into the game yet but so far it seems that combat is less frequent than in previous games. I'm not getting lots of Gain from tolls. Seems it's all coming from leveling territories and lap bonuses.

I think this is a result of rolling two dice by default to move, plus you gain gold every turn now. By rolling two dice you go around the map faster. And most maps have branching paths so if you roll a 6-8 that can put you on a big toll, it's easier to avoid now by choosing to go a different way.

As a result movement magic seems important if you want a lot of tolls. Casting move 1 or move 3 on an enemy at the right time seems important for this strategy to work.

The downside is smaller maps seem less interactive. To counter this you can now use your monsters on the map more easily to take over adjacent high valued lands. And it should help a lot with big maps. My main concern is that gold no longer feels as scarce, yet they did not adjust the level 1 tolls or spell costs. With gold every turn, I only failed once to have enough gold to cast a card so far. Maybe this will change as I get more expensive cards.

Overall I am enjoying the changes. The ps2 version is still out there, I think for a handheld it made sense to keep the sessions shorter.

That sounds good but I'm getting the game whatever the case. Can we at least agree the art is terrible and long for the era of the first two games' art?

The card art seems the same? If you mean the character art, I kind of enjoy the general aesthetic except for the hypersexualization. But I like how the thin lines allow for a fair amount of emotions to be displayed. I guess I generally liked 999's art though.

shaowebb

About Match 3 to 5. I forget. Play all the matches in each chapter and in one of the earliest you get the card shop unlocked. After that the online and avatars and local all at once I believe. Its not long but they do this to insure you have enough matches to have taken the base deck and to have gotten enough randoms to make your own book different from an opponent should both of you both go in, only play enough to get the online, and face each other. Good way to keep a true mirror match of alike decks from ever occuring and the initial time sink is quite low so its not that big of a wait at all.

Pepboy

So I just got one half of a card combo I used back when this hit and I played it on the japanese copy. You guys are gonna love this one...

PURIFY
effect: Removes all Enchant effects from the map. User then gains (number of different Enchant removed x50)G.

PLAGUE:
effect: Adds "Poison" Enchant to all creatures. (At the end of a battle, the creature's base HP is reduced by half of its MHP.)

So basically wait till there is a ton of shit on the board and cast plague on everything. It'll enchant every player's creature and put an enchantment icon over the head of every creature on the board. Then next turn you use purify and pretty much get the number of creatures on the board x50 in gold. GET PAID SON!

Cool combo! I wonder if you find it unbalanced/gamebreaking though. It seems pretty reasonable for smaller boards. Because it relies on two cards, if there are only 10 monsters on the board then it only generates 500 gold but costs 120 to cast. Not bad but since it relies on having both cards and your monsters will be vulnerable in between the two turns, it seems fun but not broken to me. I'm less sure about large boards though. In any case thanks for sharing, I'm no expert just sharing my thoughts.

PURIFY

PLAGUE:

Sadly, this combo does not work!

Purify gives you gold based on the number of DIFFERENT enchants removed, that is, unique enchants.

So because you have applied one type of enchant to all creatures, you will earn 50G.

shaowebb

Sadly, this combo does not work!

Purify gives you gold based on the number of DIFFERENT enchants removed, that is, unique enchants.

So because you have applied one type of enchant to all creatures, you will earn 50G.
You shitting me? I know ive used this before. I use enchants a lot but still it paid decent for me on the Japanese game. Maybe its as you say and my land protects, poisons, sleeps, and growth type enchants were just the reason. I wanna get my plague card back and test this again in this version to see. If not then I never caught that before and I thank you.

koma

Where do you live. I just checked US Amazon and the LE is still available

I live in Italy, Amazon does not have any copy of the game, not even Amazon UK (the ones available in there are from Base). On Amazon France they say it will be available on the 10th of october... not sure what's going on with this game on Amazon europe :|

I've been looking for something refreshingly new to play and this looks like it fits the bill. Will grab it when I'm done with the rather good Mario and Luigi remake.

Wow. That Paid DLC quest is a serious difficulty jump from its earkiest unlock. Feels like you're supposed to do at least part of the next Quest first by how badly I got stomped.

The matches feel very long for a portable game too so far. Comparable to a SRPG map but without the same sense of changing environment with progression, but I assume that's larger because of lack of deck options and generally weak stuff early game. It's also fairly luck based early on, I got utterly stomped on my first battle after the concept introductions and then utterly stomped them straight back on a rematch.

I had fun though.

The matches feel very long for a portable game too so far. Comparable to a SRPG map but without the same sense of changing environment with progression, but I assume that's larger because of lack of deck options and generally weak stuff early game. It's also fairly luck based early on, I got utterly stomped on my first battle after the concept introductions and then utterly stomped them straight back on a rematch.

I had fun though.

Yeah this series has never had short matches. It's been on Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2, 360, DS and 3DS. Just the nature of the game, not specifically intended as portable. Though I personally don't believe portable games need to be "pick-up-and-play" short burst sort of thing, I know some people do, but this isn't really a game like that. I enjoy the long matches though, it's great for multiplayer with friends, lots of strategy and swinging the balance of power back and forth.

Ripenen

I think this is a result of rolling two dice by default to move, plus you gain gold every turn now. By rolling two dice you go around the map faster. And most maps have branching paths so if you roll a 6-8 that can put you on a big toll, it's easier to avoid now by choosing to go a different way.

As a result movement magic seems important if you want a lot of tolls. Casting move 1 or move 3 on an enemy at the right time seems important for this strategy to work.

The downside is smaller maps seem less interactive. To counter this you can now use your monsters on the map more easily to take over adjacent high valued lands. And it should help a lot with big maps. My main concern is that gold no longer feels as scarce, yet they did not adjust the level 1 tolls or spell costs. With gold every turn, I only failed once to have enough gold to cast a card so far. Maybe this will change as I get more expensive cards.

Overall I am enjoying the changes. The ps2 version is still out there, I think for a handheld it made sense to keep the sessions shorter.

I'm 12 or so matches into the single-player campaign at this point. The matches don't really feel much shorter to me than the campaign matches in the PS2 or X360 versions.

I'm running plenty of the movement cards in my deck but so far they seem a lot less powerful than in the old games. Might be because of the branching paths, or just that the AI characters seem to run a lot of movement spells as well and are able to counter my movement spells with spells of their own.

I'm having fun, but the game so far feels less interactive, less cutthroat than the older version.

Aselith

I have an EU code. Does anyone have an NA code they want to trade for the DLC? I don't think they work cross region right?

Spman2099

I'm loving this game, but that tutorial section was uniquely awful...

The 3DS is the last place I wanted a new Culdcept, but I will take what I can get. I would love, love, love another console version, though.

Palmer_v1

Am I dumb, or is there no way to view the cards in other players hands? Like I can see a list of them in the bottom screen, but how do I check what each of them does?

Spman2099

Am I dumb, or is there no way to view the cards in other players hands? Like I can see a list of them in the bottom screen, but how do I check what each of them does?

I don't think you have ever been able to inspect your opponent's cards. You could do see their hand when they play, but that is it.

bucklam66

If I like MTGO and Hearthstone would I like this game? I have a lot to play right now, but feel like I should get a physical copy soon because it will be rare...

HotHamBoy

If I like MTGO and Hearthstone would I like this game? I have a lot to play right now, but feel like I should get a physical copy soon because it will be rare...

Yeah. It's got a board game element to it, though, you aren't just playing the card battles. And it's all wrapped in a JRPG.

But Culdcept is awesome, goes back to '97

Regiruler

I don't feel like it being on a portable is a detriment other than the fact that it's probably a bitch to find other people with copies and I don't think there's download play.

The text is perfectly legible (this isn't a XCX situation) and the 3D effect is decent.

Skyline Owl

Neo Member
Amazon finally shipped my LE. They held back shipping it until today instead of Tuesday so they could bundle another item with it, but that item doesn't release until the 17th so I don't know what the hell they are doing. Kind of annoying but oh well, I can't wait to dig into this on Monday.

Also, shout out to depward for being awesome and providing me with a code for the email registration DLC from the site.

Vamphuntr

Not sure if it's only in the localized version but the Angry Mask card is broken in this release. It will automatically kill the other creature no matter the damage it does if it hits. I tested it on multiple occasions. Deals 20 reflected damage on a 40 hp remaining creature = death, deals 40 hp damage on a 80 hp remaining creature = death. deals 20 hp damage on a 80 hp creature = death. First time I thought I didn't calculate properly but in one case I had energy barrier up so the other damage were neutralized so in no way the reflect should have killed the creature.

norm9

Culcept series seemed real interesting after fiNding out it existed today. Was gonna buy the 360 version if it was backwards compatible so I could play it on tv but it's not, so I went ahead and am downloading the 3ds game (should have gone for the physical version bc the LE die looks dope as heck)

For those that have played the series, what's the most imprtoant tip you have for a new player going in blind. Just one tip to enhance a new players gameplay, doesn't have to be about the "metaplay and card balance" or all that complicated stuff.

Spman2099

Culcept series seemed real interesting after fiNding out it existed today. Was gonna buy the 360 version if it was backwards compatible so I could play it on tv but it's not, so I went ahead and am downloading the 3ds game (should have gone for the physical version bc the LE die looks dope as heck)

For those that have played the series, what's the most imprtoant tip you have for a new player going in blind. Just one tip to enhance a new players gameplay, doesn't have to be about the "metaplay and card balance" or all that complicated stuff.

Don't worry about making the best deck possible, worry about making a deck that you have fun playing. You get cards if you win or lose, so just take it easy and have a good time.

Tamanator

Don't worry about making the best deck possible, worry about making a deck that you have fun playing. You get cards if you win or lose, so just take it easy and have a good time.

So you can get by with having little to no competence when it comes to deck composition? I've enjoyed games like Hearthstone in the past, but I always get caught up by the fact that I'm inherently inept when it comes to crafting competent decks haha.

Spman2099

So you can get by with having little to no competence when it comes to deck composition? I've enjoyed games like Hearthstone in the past, but I always get caught up by the fact that I'm inherently inept when it comes to crafting competent decks haha.

I think you will end up seeing a lot of synergies between different cards. It won't take long before you get an understanding for what card will work best with each other... However, while deck composition is important, there are a lot of variables that can throw a little chaos into the mix. I am sure everything I am saying is wrong if you play super competitive Culdcept, but I played with a ton of friends who got super into the 360 game and everyone made their deeply strange decks work.

butzopower

proud of his butz
When I was doing co-op, my partner was trying to communicate tactics through the symbol chat, but I couldn't really follow what they were trying to say. They showed me the turn arrow with blue once, and also two yellow right arrow. Does this make sense to anyone?

shaowebb

From past experience a quick and easy thing to build towards is what I call a "Money deck". This is a deck designed to do several things.

• slow your opponents movement making it take longer for them to get lap bonuses and hit gates for cash. This way they are depleted of resources and CANT take action to either build their territories or invade.
  • use cards designed to give you cash quickly
  • use cards to make you move faster so that you can hit gates and get lap bonuses more quickly.
  • Hold lands at all costs with cards that may also serve to invade and steal enemy lands.
HOW TO PLAY THESE DECKS IN THE FIRST LAPS
In general, on the first lap or so your goal is to NOT overextend and use up all your gold. If you go too low in funds you simply wont have enough resources to be using the spells needed when the time comes. Lap one is generally only to put maybe one of each color creature on one like colored territory if even that much. In fact if you can just place a matching color card next to gates or the goal or whatever that may be all you need.

From then on try to lap fast and heavy while messing up the enemy's funds. Use drain magic to deplete their net worth, slow and holy words to screw their dice, and if you have a way to CHEAPLY remove their creatures from the board do so but dont go in the hole here. Try not to have less territory than them but dont go crazy. This is lap...2 and 3 ish. Depends on how fast your financial lead took off.

Now from here on out you have a general gold buffer to work with. Try not to go below 400GP of spendin cash unless necessary. This way you can generally place a land and Power Level it to lvl 3 or higher within a few turns of placing it all while still keeping enough funds to move fast through spell cards designed to trash the opponent.

WHAT SORTS OF CARDS YOU NEED TO BUILD A MONEY DECK
Key spell cards are things like drain magic,manna, holy word 1, slow, fly, and offensive cards like magic bolt or hellblast or anything designed to kill their creatures so that they cannot build up their own army of lands. Cards that can cast paralysis or that cast senility are useful too because they let you effortlessly place creatures next to those places and invade till the opponent loses the land. Any other cards you see that give you big cash rewards or that move you fast are solid tools for your decks spells. Its also never a bad idea to include a shatter or 2 just in case the enemy has a card that'd completely screwup your plans of invading or that could hurt you like a drain magic leaching all your hard earned cash to them. Shatters are always good.

Key creature cards for this are healthy land holders. A good mix of cards that are either pure defensive hard to kill annoyances or straight up beefy high health high attack power cards are good here but the latter is expensive so dont go crazy. I usually use blue for this meaning I typically go with giant tortoise, wall of ice, gelatinous wall, giant nautilus or similar such cards. Just general non expensive super defensive cards are good for the purely defensive roles of this deck which is why blue cards are so prominent for your cheap and easy to play early lap land holders that are easy to get out but wont deplete your lower early game resources while you are trying to build up cash. Aspidochelone is particularly amazing because it gains HUGE stat bonuses the longer the match goes on. It eventually is the top attacker and land holder on most matches. Good attack cards for such a deck tend to be your usual go to cards of various colors of ogre cards, knight, sword princess,gladiator, griffon, tetra arm or whatever. You can do whatever you prefer here as these cards help you deplete enemy territories since the opponent should be too broke to defend what little they have. That means the attack cards you choose typically need to be healthy enough to hold land afterwards. Anything works but try not to go above 80gold in cost too often in your picks or have too many land requirements on these cards or you'll ruin your entire "cash buffer" strategy and end up having a deck too expensive to use.

Your item/armor/weapon cards should be things like battering rams, claymore, scrolls...anything that hits for 40 or more or 30 or more if it has added features is good. Defensive stuff should generally be the kind of catch alls like gaseous forms or elemental shields with a few things like generic armor since elemental shields and gaseous forms are weak to scrolls. Storm and magma based equipment are usually legit as well since they get more powerful the more you buy up land so if you got a particular color scheme to this deck get whichever has more appropriate buffs between storm or magma equipment.

Your deck should be something like 22-32 creature/ and a split between spells vs equipment that slightly favors spells.

SUMMARY
Remember...first lap build resources and try to move around fast. Only buy a few key things and get it on the cheap using your cheaper purely defensive cards when available. Try to match land colors to cards because it'll cost gold to change land or exchange cards otherwise. Next lap or so try to screw over enemy resources while maintaining fast movement. Buy up a bit more. After that you should be able on laps 3 or 4 to start power leveling things fast while still occassionally either buying up new territory or invading to take enemy territory. Since you've matched land colors you'll build change, earn more tolls/lap bonuses plus these lands will get health bonuses in combat making them even more secure. The gold deficit and resources deficit widens FAST and it really runs away in your favor. Things like buying symbols is fine after you build up that gold buffer and can afford it too so have fun there. If you can work in a kelpie on blue land at some point thats fully leveled when you have armor in your hand then it really takes off because they HAVE to stop and either pay that toll or fight kelpie...thats its ability so make certain when you put it on blue land either the land is fully leveled already, or you can quickly get it there in a few turns. I tend to just level up a wall of ice slowly on blue land then swap it out for Kelpie to force tolls. Just watch out for magic bolt bullshit.

Enjoy. I've used this theme for a deck since the FIRST culdcept and it in general has been able to carry me most of the way through every game and pretty far in straight up competitive sets vs humans. Its powerful and even the sub boss in the PS2 used a version of it.

norm9

Just finished first quest. Took about half an hour. Is that normal?

Really like the artwork on the cards. Don't have a grasp on when on when to play a monster or when to just raise my land prices, yet. Most confusing thing is gaining gold I guess. I'm not sure when or why I'm gaining gold. Just rolling with it for now, but I hope it clicks soon because it'll keep bugging me as gaining gold is a major part of the game. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.

Having a pretty good time overall. Looks good in 3d with the depth, but I think I'll stick with regular 2d.

shaowebb

Just finished first quest. Took about half an hour. Is that normal?

Really like the artwork on the cards. Don't have a grasp on when on when to play a monster or when to just raise my land prices, yet. Most confusing thing is gaining gold I guess. I'm not sure when or why I'm gaining gold. Just rolling with it for now, but I hope it clicks soon because it'll keep bugging me as gaining gold is a major part of the game. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.

Having a pretty good time overall. Looks good in 3d with the depth, but I think I'll stick with regular 2d.

Earliest quests are designed to be easier and faster. You are taking on AI and decks that are just there in the first few matches to insure you have to try but not get overwhelmed by the card game. 30 minutes is about what the first match with alicia took me too. It progressively gets a little longer here and there on 8000G boards as you face better decks and AI and more folks in a match at the same time. Later boards have higher goals and can take awhile but its all good since you have suspend options in case life gets in the way and you need to pickup the match later on.

Gaining gold isn't too hard.
  • Your goal is to hit all the gates. Hitting gates gives you large chunks of gold at a time. Once a gate of all the directions on the board are hit it counts as a lap and you get a much larger amount of gold because it includes a lap bonus and bonuses for things like the amount of territory you have, and other stuff. So if you see a north, south, and East gate you need to hit each before you finish a lap. You cant just hit east repeatedly because each gate only pays out once per lap. Hitting gates and lapping also makes your creatures heal a bit of damage they have taken and also stand up so that you can use their territory abilities again each lap.
  • at the beginning of each turn you get 19G + the current round number in gold. This is new. It was added so that in case you are on a long board with huge amounts of spaces between gates you dont go broke for long periods. As the match goes on you get progressively more and more gold per turn. Once everyone has had a turn that is a round and the current round number is visible on the bottom screen of the 3ds.
  • Your gold depletes by spending cards or paying tolls. Your net worth increases by more than just that though...Net worth is increased by accumulating territory, leveling up territory, and also by buying elemental gems. Gems are sold at the gem store on certain boards and act like "stock". Buy 3 water gems at the normal price. Then go out and as you and your opponent buy up water elemental land and level those territories the value of those "gem stocks" goes up just like stockmarket stocks. Buy in low before anyone owns a lot of an element then raise the gem value by buying up and increasing the value of such elemental territory on the board. Buy low, sell high. Good way to get some fallback gold to cash out and use in case things get rough.
    Anyhow your net worth is a combination of the amount of gold in your hand, your gem value, and your territory value.

Now you should have an idea of how your Gold is made, how its spent and earned, and how to increase its value faster! Enjoy.

Also here's a fun card for today.
Squid Mantle
G:50
HP+40 / In Battle: Disables opponent's Attack Bonus.

Whats that? Trying to defend a land with a card that says it gets bonuses during battle? Not anymore! Very handy against cards that tend to pull out some kind of special power in battle to ruin your day.

galvatron

So, how did everyone find out about the free DLC? I had no idea since I usually media blackout on anything I'm set on buying.

Been playing a ton of the game this weekend and I'm surprised at how often the computer can just run through my guys on leveled up land. I'm mostly still playing Red/Green starter deck with some S rank guys that I won or bought added in.

I'm thinking I should diversify my elements to cover 3 or 4 types, but I'm missing most of the elemental defense that I'm used having really early on in Culdcept Saga. Still fun so far and surprisingly the music is really good.

Top Bottom