• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cult of Chucky Trailer

Good trailer, always down for more Chucky and it looks like it should be a decent follow up to Curse. I wonder if Chucky has a new Good Guy body or will use another mask to cover his old scared face again?

Good excuse to get out the blu-ray box set and rewatch them again before Cult comes out in October.

zeemumu

his design looks so off.

looks like it could be a fun romp. hopefully it ends up on nflx one day

how far off has his lore gotten? I think the last I saw was bride of chucky - so i think i missed seed and curse

Curse of Chucky spoilers

Last time we saw Chucky he was wearing a prosthetic mask over his face to cover the stitches so he looked like a regular doll. That's why he looks off in that movie.

It's unclear if
he's doing that again or if Jennifer Tilly/Tiff/Jennifer Tilly had to get him a new body after Andy shot him point blank with a shotgun at the end of Curse.

As for the lore, Spoilers for Seed and Curse

Tiff is currently inhabiting the body of Jennifer Tilly, so now Jennifer Tilly is playing Tiff playing Jennifer Tilly. The real Jennifer Tilly got transferred into Tiff's doll body and killed. Turns out that the reason Chucky was on the run at the beginning of Child's Play 1 was because he kidnapped this pregnant woman who was a family friend and stabbed her in the stomach. The woman was pregnant with the woman in the wheelchair, and she's paralyzed because Chucky stabbed her. Curse was basically Chucky coming back to tie up loose ends.

TP

Trailer wasn't very good but whatever i'm there day 1

Damn he looks so great here

jaLHTSo.png

Making a prediction after watching the trailer again.

There's a couple of shots where Chucky's face has a different shape, I'm guessing the second doll is Glenn/Glenda.

Makes sense, i'll believe it

I enjoyed the return to horror that was Curse of Chucky but I also really loved how dumb the series had become up until then.

Seed of Chucky is great and I won't hear otherwise

a916

Hmm, either be funny or scary... and this Chucky trailer was neither. Seemed real tame to be honest.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Hmm, either be funny or scary... and this Chucky trailer was neither. Seemed real tame to be honest.

It's an all-audiences trailer. They even cut away from what I assume was going to be a middle finger.

Tagyhag

I thought Curse of Chucky was surprisingly good (And had some great cinematography). Will definitely watch this one.

Also, how in the world if Jennifer Tilly 58?

Jennifer-Tilly-Curse-Of-Chucky-Cameo.jpg

I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't been an Expendables for horror movies. Has there? I know we got Freddy VS Jason but there are so many more horror icons. Just call it Murder Planet and have the plot be about some ancient deity giving total power to whoever can kill the most people in one night or something. So then you get the icons not only fighting each other but also tons and tons of kills using all the different styles or even combos. Have it end with a draw and all the icons decide to kill the deity and take its power. That even sets it up for sequels, maybe mix some Purge into it so that the power is absolute BUT now they can only come out every X number of years to kill.

Sorry, I know that's OT it just popped in my head like, "wow, Chucky is still going AND in the original continuity, no reboots or remakes or reimaginings or anything, yet he's never crossed over... wait none of them have!"

And if out of 7 movies only 2-3 of them are shitty that's still pretty good I'd say. I think I've only ever seen Bride of Chucky so at some point I'm gonna have to do a marathon...

Edit: Man, what the hell is with iTunes having all the Chucky movies except 2. How can you do that to a person.

I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't been an Expendables for horror movies. Has there? I know we got Freddy VS Jason but there are so many more horror icons. Just call it Murder Planet and have the plot be about some ancient deity giving total power to whoever can kill the most people in one night or something. So then you get the icons not only fighting each other but also tons and tons of kills using all the different styles or even combos. Have it end with a draw and all the icons decide to kill the deity and take its power. That even sets it up for sequels, maybe mix some Purge into it so that the power is absolute BUT now they can only come out every X number of years to kill.

Sorry, I know that's OT it just popped in my head like, "wow, Chucky is still going AND in the original continuity, no reboots or remakes or reimaginings or anything, yet he's never crossed over... wait none of them have!"

And if out of 7 movies only 2-3 of them are shitty that's still pretty good I'd say. I think I've only ever seen Bride of Chucky so at some point I'm gonna have to do a marathon...

Edit: Man, what the hell is with iTunes having all the Chucky movies except 2. How can you do that to a person.

That's awful. 2 may not be the best movie but it is THE BEST DAMN CHUCKY MOVIE.

I can't even remember that. I haven't watched Seed since opening night in theaters. Guess I'm do for a rewatch of the series.

While we're here

1. Child's Play
2. Child's Play 2
3. Bride of Chucky (I love it)
4. Curse of Chucky
5. Child's Play 3
6. Seed

I roll:
1. Curse of Chucky
2. Child's Play 2
3. Child's Play
4. Child's Play 3
5. Seed of Chucky
6. Bride of Chucky

I totally get the hate for Seed, but it took the best parts of Bride and ran with them like a mad-man. Meanwhile Bride just felt like it was chasing meta-90's trends too hard for its own good. The music didn't help any. Meanwhile Curse is the only Child's Play entry to ever actually scare me. (It's also the only one that doesn't end in Chucky's complete evisceration)

That's awful. 2 may not be the best movie but it is THE BEST DAMN CHUCKY MOVIE.

There's not even a collection, they're all separate. So if you search for Child's Play you only get 1 and 3, if you search for Chucky you get 4, 5, and 6. Neither brings up 2, even searching for it specifically. How am I supposed to embrace my Digital Future if it's missing key pieces!?

Buckle

Hated Bride and Seed but Curse had a nice back to basics approach, I liked it.

Ugh...Just was hoping Tiff was dead and the events of the two films before would go ignored.

There's not even a collection, they're all separate. So if you search for Child's Play you only get 1 and 3, if you search for Chucky you get 4, 5, and 6. Neither brings up 2, even searching for it specifically. How am I supposed to embrace my Digital Future if it's missing key pieces!?

I don't want a future without easy access to Child's Play 2.

Top Bottom