• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead out September 29th for $19.99 (XB1/Windows 10 and Steam)

C4Lukins

How much time left? Will be midnight here central time in 20 minutes, but I assume Pacific time is what they are going with.

Edit: Nevermind it is the 29th. We have at least 24 hours to go.

Watched the first 8 minutes on IGN.

This game looks amazing, but i guess i have to play it on simple difficulty, i suck at hard platformers and this game looks it is really really hard.

Like literally everyone else i am in love with the look of the game though.

iJack

Banned
I've paid $11.58 here on Brazil's Steam yesterday. Not sure for how much it's been sold in the US but I'm very excited to play this and I feel like I've paid way less than I should.

TheKeyPit

Banned
In case this hasn't been posted yet:

The music of Cuphead:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=v6h1vM9W2NM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=nxB2K9l6S6E

--------

Edit:
https://gfycat.com/FatalSharpGrebe
FatalSharpGrebe-size_restricted.gif

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Crazy to believe it's almost here, I can still remember the first trailer and being amazed by it, and being even happier reading how hard it would be. Especially since I love challenging games.

Hopefully I get the time soon to pick it up and finally play it.

And yes devs, we would love to have that online co-op!

I've paid $11.58 here on Brazil's Steam yesterday. Not sure for how much it's been sold in the US but I'm very excited to play this and I feel like I've paid way less than I should.

I think cheapest in US is $12 on GMG with a coupon. It's $20 retail.

Really really hope it gets some positive impressions from the reviews. The hype and wom is there already, just needs that confirmation from some big outlets that the game is a gem and at least that way you'd think they won't be homeless in a few weeks :)

iJack

Banned
Once I saw the Gunstar Heroes inspired buzz, I was in. It wasn't even how gorgeous the game looks. It's the gameplay and how instantly I was reminded of that.

danowat

Banned
I watch the (some of) the IGN stream last night, and it looks amazing, probably the most character of any game I've ever seen, and yet, I doubt I'll buy it, it just looks way to hard and frustrating for me :-(

Any info on any difficulty settings?, or a noob mode?

Once I saw the Gunstar Heroes inspired buzz, I was in. It wasn't even how gorgeous the game looks. It's the gameplay and how instantly I was reminded of that.

Just checking in on the thread.....well then, that thought alone (along with the art style) is enough to sell me.

I watch the (some of) the IGN stream last night, and it looks amazing, probably the most character of any game I've ever seen, and yet, I doubt I'll buy it, it just looks way to hard and frustrating for me :-(

Game has an Easy Mode.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Oooooo, in that case, sign me up!!!!
"Easy mode strips the bosses of some of their patterns, but still gives the player a chance to practice,” said Moldenhauer. “Those, combined with the infinite lives – you don’t have to start the entire game again when you die – should make it accessible to most people who want to play a retro game."

giphy.gif

Hey, I'm not the best either but if you have a machine capable of playing this game then I think you need to buy this. Like I think you actually need too! :)

danowat

Banned
"Easy mode strips the bosses of some of their patterns, but still gives the player a chance to practice," said Moldenhauer. ”Those, combined with the infinite lives – you don't have to start the entire game again when you die – should make it accessible to most people who want to play a retro game."

Outstanding, can't wait now!, absolutely love the look and the music.

edit : pre-ordered!

I haven't been this antsy since the day before Dust: An Elysian Tail released. Just like that one, the wait feels like it's been forever for this. And just like that one, I have no doubt I'm going to absolutely adore this.

Best news? My weekend starts tomorrow. Even better? My weekends got changed to be Sundays and Mondays starting this Sunday. Four day weekend to indulge in Cuphead!

"Easy mode strips the bosses of some of their patterns, but still gives the player a chance to practice,” said Moldenhauer. “Those, combined with the infinite lives – you don’t have to start the entire game again when you die – should make it accessible to most people who want to play a retro game."

Granted from how I'm reading the info given. Players cannot see the final moments of the game until regular is finished. Still gives time to practice though.

m23

I haven't been this antsy since the day before Dust: An Elysian Tail released. Just like that one, the wait feels like it's been forever for this. And just like that one, I have no doubt I'm going to absolutely adore this.

Best news? My weekend starts tomorrow. Even better? My weekends got changed to be Sundays and Mondays starting this Sunday. Four day weekend to indulge in Cuphead!

Oh man Dust was such a great game. I know the Dev posts here every once in a while but is he working on anything now?

dan2026

It's pretty common these days, not saying it's right though.
Seems like a scam to trick weak willed people into preordering before they have seen reviews.
I don't like it at all.

Granted you could just get a refund on steam so it's not a big deal.

Nabs

Wait the review embargo is on the release day?

Is that not dodgy as shit?

I'm not sure how. It's not like there is any benefit to preordering other than preloading.

Indie devs don't usually have marketing budgets, so they use reviews as a final push before release. It's not dodgy.

iJack

Banned
It's pretty common these days, not saying it's right though.

I don't think there's nothing wrong. The fact the embargo ends one day before just means that they want people to get the game as soon as it's out. Reviews closer to the release date raise sales. Common practice with indie films and games. Not sure why would bother some. Game is obviously fantastic.

danowat

Banned
I'm not sure how. It's not like there is any benefit to preordering other than preloading.

Indie devs don't usually have marketing budgets, so they use reviews as a final push before release. It's not dodgy.

It's a fair point, but I'm a cynic ;)

Seems like a scam to trick weak willed people into preordering before they have seen reviews.
I don't like it at all.

How does people being “weak willed” make it a trick or scam? Scam implies dishonesty and malicious intent

The game doesn’t even have a pre-order discount

EvB

I don't like it at all.

You can get a refund on Xbox/Win10 too

Stevey

I don't like it at all.

Or have some self control and not preorder.

Top Bottom