• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Storm360

Sorry for bump, but would some Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Box Art be possible?

EDIT: PC preferred

Tried to make it myself, let's just say it didn't go well

fvng

There needs to be a Deadly Premonition cover, in light of this week's release :/
Can't find any decent hi-res assets myself

Here's one I made for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on the Wii. I was looking online for a cool one to replace the crummy dumb one on the copy I just ordered, but it doesn't seem like any have been made, so I took a crack.

It's my first one and printed out, the inky stuff in the background looks a biiiiit rough, but I did what I could...kinda hard to find a super high res ink blot picture online.

Also, the image on the front cover is a big big spoiler for the game, so I guess if you're worried about that don't look at it. Also for that reason I guess I won't be posting a thumbnail here sooo here ya go.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?t7lukx3ef6lgxk3

vvise

Just finished Dragon's Dogma, better than expected! Here's the cover I made for it. Found some nice art for the front side, the spine is a bit lame but w/e.

ADD ON :: I didn't like the way it came out when printed so here's a v2. Much better imo.

Up next is Nier, I'll make a cover when I'm on done with it if I don't find one I like.

Just finished Dragon's Dogma, better than expected! Here's the cover I made for it. Found some nice art for the front side, the spine is a bit lame but w/e.

ADD ON :: I didn't like the way it came out when printed so here's a v2. Much better imo.

Up next is Nier, I'll make a cover when I'm on done with it if I don't find one I like.

Great ! I've just started playing Nier. It could use a new boxart.

hurzelein

Not really the thread for requests I think, sure try it, but I think you have much higher chances on vgboxart.com etc. where the community is bigger. Sometimes it may seem not much but the editing even with found art-footage always takes up a lot of time. Or just play around with some picture-editing tool yourself (Paint.net, Photoshop, Gimp...). Shouldn't be a problem to help you if you have questions! It sometimes needs time, but the process is mostly easy after doing it 2-3 times!

Searched for Soul Sacrifice art this morning, will edit it together and upload it today evening.
Havent done any covers in a long time.

Edit: As promised, my Soul Sacrifice PSVita Cover. Made it for a regular Ps3-Box because I dont have access to the tiny blue Vita-boxes.
Cover is from some original artwork, pretty stuffed, maybe even too much going on on it. But hey one time a ton of impressive artwork, so I wanted to use this particular picture. A little bit darker/more saturated than the original.
Not happy with the white PSVita logos, they get lost in the picture, but thats a compromiss to the great artwork, and a No-Borders philosophy.

For comparison the original boxart logo first, one of the best looking boxart-covers of the last years in my opinion! Bought the digital version of SS, so I made my own with the given artwork.

images

Click for High-Res PNG

Second: Guacameele

hurzelein

Double Post! Sorry, I didn't realize it was my second post in a row at first. Even if there is more than one week in beetween, Sorry!

Thomas was alone. Absolutely great game!

Click for High-Res.

cj_iwakura

There's a great Nier one in the OP that I use, but I would always love more.

hurzelein

After half an hour search, not one decent, simple Minecraft Cover. Seriously, not many people are making custom covers on the internet, but there are some extremly talented people that actually know how to draw/design their own stuff.

And what are they doing? They pave their awesome covers with tons of "10/10 best game ever" stuff, brandings and logos. Then release them in shitty 300x300 resoloution (no Printable) so that no others can claim they did it or edit them. I am at the same time so jealous and so annoyed of these people.

Vgboxart I look at you.

Come on guys, let me see some more stuff in this thread, I'm getting bored!

Yeah and I know my english sucks, thanks.

vvise

There's a great Nier one in the OP that I use, but I would always love more.

I looked it up and do really like that cover. I cleaned off the PSN and 1Player tags. All credit goes to mik for the original cover. I feel very content just using this :) won't be making an all new one.

kitsunisan

Neo Member
After half an hour search, not one decent, simple Minecraft Cover. Seriously, not many people are making custom covers on the internet, but there are some extremly talented people that actually know how to draw/design their own stuff.

And what are they doing? They pave their awesome covers with tons of "10/10 best game ever" stuff, brandings and logos. Then release them in shitty 300x300 resoloution (no Printable) so that no others can claim they did it or edit them. I am at the same time so jealous and so annoyed of these people.

Vgboxart I look at you.

Come on guys, let me see some more stuff in this thread, I'm getting bored!

Yeah and I know my english sucks, thanks.

Honestly, if you're that bored, let's see a Minecraft cover from you.

hurzelein

Honestly, if you're that bored, let's see a Minecraft cover from you.

Oh, I will definitely do that!

By bored I meant, I'd like to see more people posting their work here!
________

Velocity Ultra

Real quick unoriginal 5min throw together before going to bed. The developers have a "Create your own piece of Velocity-art contest" and for that they published some of the artworks in pretty good quality. Wish more would do that!

You can participate and download the artworks here:
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/05/24/velocity-ultra-art-competition/

Jharp

It troubles me that I can't find 80% of these high res art pieces for use as desktop backgrounds.

How say you, GAF?

hurzelein

Very nice color transition on the Read Dead Redemption Cover beetween the 2 artworks!
Boy that are many covers i only a few days, keep up your enthusiasm!

And, o man I feel sorry, but I have to say this: The Beyond cover is just plain ugly! Don't take this seriously, just my opinion and opinions differ. Dunno but something about this artwork, idk... :D

anyone have the template for the playstation vita? thx

Not at home right now, but will upload mine in the next days.

NicoLeNano

Neo Member
The Beyond and the RE Revelations are imo not good (considering the fonts and the artwork choice).
The Alone in the Dark one is lovely !

beherite

Neo Member
Very nice color transition on the Read Dead Redemption Cover beetween the 2 artworks!
thank you it was very long to cut the woman left :)

Not at home right now, but will upload mine in the next days.
thx mate

The Beyond and the RE Revelations are imo not good (considering the fonts and the artwork choice).
The Alone in the Dark one is lovely !
I can't find a nice wallpaper for RE Revalation, can you help me? :)

vvise

I had an idea for a Nier cover but didn't put much time into it. If someone wants to touch it up and clean up the jpg compression on the front and draw a new back please be my guest! I'm already content with the one I printed but maybe someone here will like this idea.

Doombear

I had an idea for a Nier cover but didn't put much time into it. If someone wants to touch it up and clean up the jpg compression on the front and draw a new back please be my guest! I'm already content with the one I printed but maybe someone here will like this idea.

I don't like the idea. I love it! Well done.

vvise

Wow, I'm really enjoying Vanquish! What a great game, the scenery is mindblowingly cool and the combat is excellent.

Here's my cover for it :)

Here's an alternate

I'm not sure which I prefer.

beherite

Neo Member
Wonderful Cover !!

I'm not sure which I prefer.
personally I prefere the first, beautiful work :)

My new cover

Resident Evil Operation Raccon City
RS5wCsAl.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/e36b/yiochxumubc2mv3fg.jpg

Space Marine
X62Uu5sl.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/0475/yxedhtqdw3s3sa7fg.jpg

a new try for resident evil revelations, but I'm still not totally satisfied

Resident Evil Revelations
fOfjf0Ul.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/92e4/e0v1o1za4e2pp2rfg.jpg

RedSwirl

Could someone perhaps like to try a Tales of Symphonia HD Collection for the PS3?

Probably better to wait till closer to release, at least until we have the Japanese box art to work with. I tried to do a GCN cover a while ago and couldn't find good material for it.

Same goes for Dragon's Crown in case anyone asks. I at least wanna see what's inside the Japanese art book.

Ambitious

Is there an UC2 cover in the same style as the following ones? I wasn't able to find one. I'm currently googling for high-res artwork/concept art to attempt to make one by myself..

Also, I would be really grateful if someone could do a XB360 version of the following cover. It's from Rengoku, but he doesn't seem to post here anymore.

I tracked down the images: #1 #2
I'm currently trying to make it myself, but I have trouble with the blurry transition between the images.

I'm in the market for a new printer. Can anyone recommend one that won't break the bank, but would also be suitable to print out some of the covers at a decent quality?

Preferably wireless.

Scanner built in would be a nice bonus.

(UK, BTW.

beherite

Neo Member
Personally I use a Canon PIXMA MG5350 with Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, but I think the result is too dark it may just be a setting but I have not found, despite the result is anyway good

Top Bottom