• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

kitsunisan

Neo Member
Not by me, but I am in love with this Shadows of the Damn box by Pan.

44631-shadows-of-the-damned.jpg

Can download from here.

I was disappointed he didn't do a PS3 version of this. Couldn't resist doing my own, lol. Can't upload this one since 2/3 of it isn't my work.

SotD2_3D.png

RedSwirl

By the way, I see no need to do a custom cover for BioShock Infinite. The reversible cover they revealed is basically what I would've done anyway.

RuBisCO

Neo Member
I made a MH3U 3DS box for myself, figured I'd share it if anyone else wants it.

Here's a white version to match with that special MH3G 3DS

edit: Made some minor updates.
edit2: Tried my hand at making an inside cover ala Theatrhythm.

The problem with buying digital copies is that I can't enjoy all these good-looking covers :(

Or go the opposite route: buy empty DVD or blu ray cases, print the art for any game you have digitally, and enjoy having a physical representation of your digital purchases!

Phayze

Neo Member
I've been doing a few of these for CVG over the past month or so (and a load before then, but no NG verified account to post them with). I've linked back to the CVG posts where you can download them, but please tell me if this is frowned upon / against the rules (I couldn't see that it was), and I'll link to the files directly.

Enjoy!

PS. The original posts on CVG linked back to this thread for credit to the templates, but doesn't appear on the latest ones, I've noticed. I'll make sure that's added back in...

(If my first NG post gets me hit with a ban hammer for some reason I'm going to scream)...

hurzelein

Edited the Xbox 360 logo again, I think this will be my final logo build, updated my other 360-covers. Still, I like the Ps3 logos much better.

As always when you make something by yourself you like it a lot, but I think the "Full front cover and little else on the back cover" - concept I follow fits the minimalist, clean style.

Battlefield 1943
Had to edit together quite a lot for this one (especially the completly fake left side), very happy how it turned out. The right side is quite similiar to the official Xbox Arcade cover, but google has it only in crappy resolution (500x800 it was max. I think).
So I took the more high-res "planes"-artwork and the "tank"-picture and put them together. Felt a bit like the original guy/gal who made the Arcade-Cover when this awesome game was released. :D

This is by the way a huge problem for Arcade/PSN Games, very little material to work with and often in low resolution.

battlefield-1943-xbox-360.jpg

Orcs must Die!
The white 360 Logos don't look as good on this one, but I dont want to edit them to keep the consistency.

Bigdrbingo

Neo Member
Can't wait to start printing some of these! If anyone is taking requests, I'm looking to get some Gamecube cases, namely for Tales of Symphonia, Super Mario Sunshine, Custom Robo, Star Fox Assault, Paper Mario TTYD, Luigi's Mansion, and Mario Party 4.

fvng

First off, this is not final and I have to say that the image isn't as high quality as I wish it was (the actual shot I used that is, not this 'thumbnail'). Just looking for opinions. How does everyone feel about the logo placement on the front, would you rather see it centered? Smaller?

I have a few different versions I am working on all at once, but pulling clean logos has slowed me down a bit.

Once I have a set, I will update this and post the rest.

iw4b7IExfeKxm.jpg

I will say, I think this scene more than most others out there I have found really sums up this game well. An pretty amazing adventure is just starting...

What happened to this cover? it was looking great

Doombear

What happened to this cover? it was looking great

Sorry about that, I didn't realize I didn't update that one here. I actually didn't end up doing much more to the cover besides cleaning it a bit. I will get it uploaded in the next couple days if anyone wants it.

RiverBed

Banned
Noob question, but how do you recommend printing these without having the paper coming out damp from your inkjet and wasting half the ink cartridge? Is it better to print it at a shop?

Doombear

Are you printing on photo paper? I print mine on lustre finish photo paper. It does eat up ink if you are doing a lot but a handful every now and then shouldn't be too bad.

fvng

Sorry about that, I didn't realize I didn't update that one here. I actually didn't end up doing much more to the cover besides cleaning it a bit. I will get it uploaded in the next couple days if anyone wants it.

Love yours, sign me up

There's a few over on http://vgboxart.com/browse-resources/, but no PS action/template to make pretty 3D renders of them (that I could find...)

Oh thank you very much! I made a custom Vita cover now though I used the regular PS3 3D Box-art script as that seems to work well enough. And I makeshifted the Vita template myself out of the things you posted, it's not the best though I _think_ it should fit a Vita case when printed out... It's not the best cover either though as anybody can guess it's hard to find SFW art of Senran Kagura :p

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

OzA6xdR.png

http://i1.minus.com/ibdzmSR0zCrXhT.png

fvng

What is the best way to get PS3 templates to print out on letter size paper? GAFGuide says to use A4 paper but no Kinkos is able to print that since its not an "American Standard"

hurzelein

What is the best way to get PS3 templates to print out on letter size paper? GAFGuide says to use A4 paper but no Kinkos is able to print that since its not an "American Standard"

Don't know exactly what you mean but the exact measures are:

360: 27,4 cm x 18,2 cm
Ps3: 25,9 cm x 14,9 cm

Just convert it to inches or google it and enter the exact size in the programm you are using to print it out.

fvng

Don't know exactly what you mean but the exact measures are:

360: 27,4 cm x 18,2 cm
Ps3: 25,9 cm x 14,9 cm

Just convert it to inches or google it and enter the exact size in the programm you are using to print it out.

Well the photoshop templates are already at the precise measurements needed

The actual printing is getting done at Kinkos so I'm saving the final versions to PDF

Hello fellow Gaffers. With the recent confirmation that the PS3 will be getting an HD collection of both FFX and FFX-2 on the same disc, and the Vita getting both games seperately, I am humbly requesting from the talented artists in this thread to bless these games with beautiful custom covers. Just to make it clear:

-FFX&FFX-2 HD in the same package for PS3
-FFX HD for Vita
-FFX-2 HD for Vita

RedSwirl

Hello fellow Gaffers. With the recent confirmation that the PS3 will bet getting an HD collection of both FFX and FFX-2 on the same disc, and the Vita getting both games seperately, I am humbly requesting from the talented artists in this thread to bless these games with beautiful custom covers. Just to make it clear:

-FFX&FFX-2 HD in the same package for PS3
-FFX HD for Vita
-FFX-2 HD for Vita

Do we have a Vita template?

Edit: Yeah I don't see a minimalist version of the Vita template here yet.

kitsunisan

Neo Member
Do we have a Vita template?

Edit: Yeah I don't see a minimalist version of the Vita template here yet.

I threw one together a while back in this thread for Gravity Rush, but wasn't able to really test it since I didn't have a working printer at the time. Since no one bothered to give me any feedback on how it fit, I kind of lost interest and never got back to it. I replaced my printer, so I spent a few minutes tweaking it, let me know if it works.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yfbi97t36zwb7gm

Top Bottom