• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Sherlock Holmes and Watson to appear in the game?

L~A

Just noticed that Sherlock is carrying some test tubes... I wonder why? I have to admit I'm not that familiar with the original character.

The Game is on!

excited-sherlock.gif

Golnei

Just noticed that Sherlock is carrying some test tubes... I wonder why? I have to admit I'm not that familiar with the original character.

Takumi's re-imagining of the character prefers meth to the original's cocaine. It was first synthesised in 1893, so it's not too much of an anachronism.

LiK

Not sure about this now. Kinda takes away from the main character. But it's cool, I guess.

At least it has more of a chance for localization for the West with him in it.

But can you give a good reason not to have an 8 year old Watson?

I thought so.
The relationship between Sherlock and a child would be completely different and you lose aspects of Watson as a character if he's a child making him a completely different character to begin with.

But of course you knew that.

NEO0MJ

The relationship between Sherlock and a child would be completely different and you lose aspects of Watson as a character if he's a child making him a completely different character begin with.

But of course you knew that.

He's British, how can he not?

Maybe it's because the screenshots in the scans are small, but I'm not feeling those character models. The artwork for Sherlock is smoking, though.

Tunahead

This is pretty faithful to the original Arthur Conan Doyle character. He doesn't really care about learning new knowledge unless it's directly related to solving murders. This is why his knowledge of chemistry is basically greater than his knowledge of anything else. He doesn't know or care if the sun revolves around the earth or vice versa, or who the current prime minister is or anything. Even his studies of the human anatomy mostly revolve around corpses and how they became corpses. He could probably tell you from tests on a dead person's liver if the liver has absorbed poison, how much, over what period of time, and how it was administered, but probably couldn't tell you what the human liver even does in a living person, because he just doesn't care.

L~A

This is pretty faithful to the original Arthur Conan Doyle character. He doesn't really care about learning new knowledge unless it's directly related to solving murders. This is why his knowledge of chemistry is basically greater than his knowledge of anything else. He doesn't know or care if the sun revolves around the earth or vice versa, or who the current prime minister is or anything. Even his studies of the human anatomy mostly revolve around corpses and how they became corpses. He could probably tell you from tests on a dead person's liver if the liver has absorbed poison, how much, over what period of time, and how it was administered, but probably couldn't tell you what the human liver even does in a living person, because he just doesn't care.

Ah, that's cool. It's definitely going to be really interesting. Kinda sound like a hardcore Ema Skye, ha ha.

kurahador

Kotaku posted the scans. Liking the design.
Seems like Watson is the mature character in the duo despite being an 8 year old.

Btw...what does Ryunosuke translate to in english?

spiritfox

Meh at the pink hair. The series has always kept away from anime-colored hair except in places where it made sense, so loli Watson with pink hair really detracts from the rest of the character design.

Axass

Frankly, after seeing the scans, I think that the character design is hype. Especially Holmes, could have done without the pink hair for Watson.

Isotope

Looks great so far. Really hoping for a localization.

"Elementary school, my dear Watson."

Nicely done, Kotaku commentator.

Sakura

Detective Conan is 17 years old, though. He just looks like a child because people tried to assassinate him using a drug and the drug just turned him into a child instead of killing him because [SCENE MISSING].

My point was that it is a series that is also marketed at kids, yet contains murder mysteries >.>

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Watson as an 8 year old girl is a bit weird, but I can deal with it. Love the design of the two leads, both look boss as fuck. I really hope this comes west and in a timely fashion.

L~A

Watson as an 8 year old girl is a bit weird, but I can deal with it. Love the design of the two leads, both look boss as fuck. I really hope this comes west and in a timely fashion.

Forget the timely fashion, just getting the game at all would be wonderful.

Don't let us down, Capcom. My wallet is ready. It's just waiting for your signal.

Arclaid

Really liking Holmes' design. Watson looks okay, I guess.

He already did.
1.jpg

AA actually has a few character designers. Sweet Fuse shares the same character designer as the original AA trilogy (excluding AA1 case 5) and both AAI games. Kazuya Nuri, the character designer for this game, designed the characters for AA1 case 5, AA4, and PLvsPW. And AA5 has a different lead designer altogether.

MrBadger

An 8 year old genius is so ridiculous and could only come from Japan.

Also, Holmes looks very different to how I pictured him to. For some reason I saw the silhouette as looking like Igor from the Persona series. He looks more Ace Attorney-like and I like that.

Bravocado

Sounds cool.

Oh Japan.

My thoughts exactly. I'm a little more bothered by it than the usual "creepy uguu Japan" stuff, since it really undermines almost everything Watson is about. I at least hope she's actually just John's niece or something.

Holmes being American is weird too, but less irritating.

Top Bottom