• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa V3 Review Thread

His name is GoGo and he's a super muscley dude that wants to become a true gentleman.

I don't know what else you'd call that, it's like saying Sakura wasn't three or four Street Fighter characters mushed together.

I'm with you on this. There's no way in hell that's just a coincidence.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wazzup

0eYxeNO.jpg

GoldStarz

His name is GoGo and he's a super muscley dude that wants to become a true gentleman.

I don't know what else you'd call that, it's like saying Sakura wasn't three or four Street Fighter characters mushed together.
1) There's already been a character who's a Jojo reference
2) I already know all the spoilers, and while I don't know much about Jojo other than what I've seen others talk about he's not a Jojo reference.

1) There's already been a character who's a Jojo reference
2) I already know all the spoilers, and while I don't know much about Jojo other than what I've seen others talk about he's not a Jojo reference.

Speaking of Gonta, did he always refer to himself in the third person in the Japanese version?

GSR

Haven't really read the thread because I'm so afraid of spoilers. How's the Vita version compared to the PS4?

AFAIK the main negative is that you'll need to download a (free) big DLC to fix the voice quality, because they couldn't fit high-quality audio on the cart. Other than that, PS4's gonna look prettier, but Vita is fine.

AFAIK the main negative is that you'll need to download a (free) big DLC to fix the voice quality, because they couldn't fit high-quality audio on the cart. Other than that, PS4's gonna look prettier, but Vita is fine.

Thanks. I guess the portability would've been nice. Guess I'll go PS4.

Do they state what their playtimes for 1 and 2 were? It's hard to gauge the length if they only say how long 3 was

Yo, reviewer for Rely on Horror here. As Imentio ed in my review, DRV3 is longer by half than DR2. According to my save files, DR1 and 2 took me 24:38 and 41:11 to beat respectively, and that's going at a casual pace while experiencing every possible FTE and bonus scene I could. Comparatively, DRV3 clocked in at 59:42, and that was playing at a slightly accelerated pace to get it done for the embargo. I got a few of the bonus scenes but not many, and only managed to finish 3 and a half characters' FTEs.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
There's already a spelling error in the intro movie already...

Something something Killing Game With Begin...

There's already a spelling error in the intro movie already...

Something something Killing Game With Begin...

"A new killing game with begin again"
Yeah that was pretty noticeably bad. Almost feels intentional XD

Anyways, this game is starting on a pretty high note. Really like everything about it so far. Just barely started Ch1 and 3 hours have passed by (of course I'm exploring every nook and cranny as well as slapping everything on sight XD

Flandy

Is this fully voice acted like Ultra Despair Girls was? Playing the demo right now and it's not but maybe the full game is different?

mollipen

I'm trying to clarify this with NIS because I'm not totally certain, but I think the problem isn't this, but that the Japanese track isn't included by default. I'm playing the digital version of the game, and currently I can only access the English voices (where as the PS4 version has both).

In terms of voice quality, I haven't noticed anything lower-quality about what I've been hearing (but admittedly I've not been using headphones).

I'm trying to clarify this with NIS because I'm not totally certain, but I think the problem isn't this, but that the Japanese track isn't included by default. I'm playing the digital version of the game, and currently I can only access the English voices (where as the PS4 version has both).

In terms of voice quality, I haven't noticed anything lower-quality about what I've been hearing (but admittedly I've not been using headphones).
There was a DLC in the Japanese version for higher quality voices. Did you have any problems with the demo audio?

Is this fully voice acted like Ultra Despair Girls was? Playing the demo right now and it's not but maybe the full game is different?

It' just like the last 2 main games. Some lines (important ones) are voiced, while the rest is just dialogue with a few small voice dialogues.

Im a bit confused when it comes to this. It's the only reason why I haven't bought the game yet, still deciding between vita or PS4.. but that 60 dollar tag on consoles Bruh.

Zeroro

The class trial sequences are fully voiced, while the other sections have small bits of voiced dialogue.

mollipen

There was a DLC in the Japanese version for higher quality voices. Did you have any problems with the demo audio?

I didn't actually get a chance to try the demo, so I can't compare them. And now that people are mentioning this, I'll use headphones to give a better listen to the English voices when I play today. The big thing I noticed was that there was no Japanese audio period on the digital Vita version I have, so that's why I thought that might be what the DLC would be for. (And I've been trying to avoid reading much about DV3 on the Japanese side to avoid spoilers, so I wasn't aware they had any sort of audio quality download.)

NotLiquid

As someone who only really loved 2 and is super jaded on the DR series' overarching direction post-2 (and not just DR3 but the expanded narrative in general), how much would people that have played V3 guess that I'll enjoy it?

I don't really recall anything that made me think asspull in 2, but it has been a while. 1 on the other hand I do remember the end being a total asspull.

Yep. 1's ending and its load of twists required a lot of willing suspension of disbelief.

On the other hand, my friend who is playing 2 right now managed to guess (though I obviously didn't spoil him on if he was right) the endgame twist after the first chapter. It's crazy how much subtle foreshadowing there is in DR2 that I didn't catch onto at first - there's even instances of foreshadowing going on within several sub stories. I only just realized that
the inconclusiveness of The Wizard of Monomi, something that was brought up as a big plot hole in chapter 3, becomes ironically followed up on throughout chapter 4 and no one notices it.

GoldStarz

As someone who only really loved 2 and is super jaded on the DR series' overarching direction post-2 (and not just DR3 but the expanded narrative in general), how much would people that have played V3 guess that I'll enjoy it?

DR2 is my favorite game in the series and I'm honestly pretty disappointed in how the game played out. That said, I actually like DRAE (which I'm assuming you're including) more than DR1, so maybe you'll disagree.

RedToad64

So the game is out on Steam now. I didn't think it would release until next week.

EDIT: My bad, to pre-purchase. The wording of the Steam wishlist email is weird.

So the game is out on Steam now. I didn't think it would release until next week.

EDIT: My bad, to pre-purchase. The wording of the Steam wishlist email is weird.

It is £50 in the UK which seems insanely high (for Steam). Other than maybe CoD, I don't recall seeing many games at that price, stuff like PCars2 and Shadow of War are £45

How much is it for those of you in other regions? Normal price or higher than usual?

Flandy

So my local GameStop broke street date on this game.
I am going to try and snag the vita version on the way home.

That's pretty strange for a gamestop to do
I wonder if all gamestops will do this? Last time I've heard of gamestop breaking street date was for Tomb Raider Definitive and that was because they got the go ahead from Square iirc

That's pretty strange for a gamestop to do
I wonder if all gamestops will do this? Last time I've heard of gamestop breaking street date was for Tomb Raider Definitive and that was because they got the go ahead from Square iirc

I mean it was sitting out on the shelf to buy when I walked by at lunch time.
Maybe the register will stop me.

Razmos

Fuck now that it's up for pre-order on steam I see that it's £50 :/
Anywhere else I can get it cheaper? Been really excited for this

juicyb

I've been wanting to get into this series for awhile. What's the order I should play them in before jumping into V3?

Top Bottom