• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Matter: Season 3 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Oh man, just finished S1 and I loved it, started a bit weak but I grew into it the further I watched and pretty much loved the characters and how campy it is.

Can't wait to delve into the Second season.

faridmon

Fuck, One is dead?

NOOOOOOOOOO

As much as I hated some of his decisions, I became attached to his self-righteous personality.

Nice to see Android kick some ass. "Android, kill them all."
"Kill them all" was also the title of the episode. This year they had fans vote on the titles by giving them 3 out of context quotes for each episode when it was time to name them.

Damn good episode, so far liking this show a tad bit more than Killjoys this season. Kill Them All was definitely highlight of the episode.

The show feels sort of like one of those crazy asian MMOs which mish mashes a bunch of themes. You have your sci fi corporate space prison, and then suddenly in walk a bunch of samurai speaking only Japanese words everyone knows and doing sword fights for no apparent reason.

I'm hoping the next planet they visit is the steampunk cowboy western world.

GavinUK86

Damn good episode, so far liking this show a tad bit more than Killjoys this season. Kill Them All was definitely highlight of the episode.

The show feels sort of like one of those crazy asian MMOs which mish mashes a bunch of themes. You have your sci fi corporate space prison, and then suddenly in walk a bunch of samurai speaking only Japanese words everyone knows and doing sword fights for no apparent reason.

I'm hoping the next planet they visit is the steampunk cowboy western world.

I'd be ok with that.

I've always liked Dark Matter more than Killjoys. I'm not completely sold on the world Killjoys is building but the Dark Matter one seems pretty solid so far.

I'm not completely sold on the world Killjoys is building but the Dark Matter one seems pretty solid so far.
I kinda think the opposite on that. I think the world of Killjoys had a lot of effort put into it. But the Killjoy characters themselves are poorly written. Like a 15 year old was trying to write cool people. Quip, Smirk. Quip, Smirk. Sick burn. Everyone else unburnt smirks knowingly to each other acknowledging the sickness of said burn.

Even in the early days when Dark Matter's characters were rather generic, and sometimes still are, they're still more fun to watch interact with each other. And that's why I still prefer Dark Matter.

I don't know man, that looked very certain. Hope you are right.

I'm willing to bet one virtual cookie that I'm right

he doesn't need to be alive for that. everything in the first hour laid out that his wife probably was not killed by 3, and it was a hit requested by his own board or another Corp.

You're absolutely correct that 2 doesn't need to be alive to resolve that plot line but I just don't think the way the events played out make 2's death particularly likely.

No way that CEO character that was introduced has no further role in the story and that only likely happens if 2's alive. Just my gut feeling but it feels far too unresolved for me to think he's dead.

aku:jiki

Yeah, this episode made no sense and was pretty poorly written. I couldn't really believe that the writers totally blanked that this version of the crew should be wondering where the rest of the crew is, instead Two even specifically refered to them as a "crew of three"... Small detail, but still a pretty bad oversight.

Even worse was the choice at the end! How did the writers figure that made sense? If you have amnesia, and know it, wouldn't getting your personality back feel like the most important thing in the world? If you have no memory of how you used to be, would you really be able to make the conscious choice that you don't like that guy? Wouldn't you be telling yourself that "well, yeah, he was a murderer but he wasn't all bad since he was me"? Even if you didn't like the evil side of you, wouldn't like literally everyone rationalize it as "but I'm good now, I can handle it and I want to remember my mom"? Nah, that was just dumb to me.

I did like how evil Ryo chuckled at everything. He never even smiles so that was a refreshing change.

Solid episode. Seems like the crew will cross paths with Jace Corso at some point by that news reel discussion between 2 and 4. Still not thinking 1's dead yet but maybe that's just me.

Malakai

Yeah, this episode made no sense and was pretty poorly written. I couldn't really believe that the writers totally blanked that this version of the crew should be wondering where the rest of the crew is, instead Two even specifically refered to them as a "crew of three"... Small detail, but still a pretty bad oversight.

Even worse was the choice at the end! How did the writers figure that made sense? If you have amnesia, and know it, wouldn't getting your personality back feel like the most important thing in the world? If you have no memory of how you used to be, would you really be able to make the conscious choice that you don't like that guy? Wouldn't you be telling yourself that "well, yeah, he was a murderer but he wasn't all bad since he was me"? Even if you didn't like the evil side of you, wouldn't like literally everyone rationalize it as "but I'm good now, I can handle it and I want to remember my mom"? Nah, that was just dumb to me.

I did like how evil Ryo chuckled at everything. He never even smiles so that was a refreshing change.

I thought the reset was a bit further, before One and Six jointed the crew. I believe Two said that the last 14 months were wiped away.

Geist-

I think new "Human" Android is the best crew member now. I mean, she was already the best, but now it's not even a contest.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Glad both One and Jace are dead, his actor always came across as an actor a notch below everyone else.
I think new "Human" Android is the best crew member now. I mean, she was already the best, but now it's not even a contest.
Seriously right. Hope they don't just wipe her back to regular android after her inevitable screw up.

First good episode of the new season, finally! Android actress is great. Surprised they
killed evil Jace Corso so soon instead of keeping him around

Huh really does seem like one is just dead and gone then

I'm conflicted about new android. She's really interesting but she's also the 3rd badass female fighter on the ship so that aspect is already played out a bit.

I think I'd like to see her in a gunfight more tbh

I'm conflicted about new android. She's really interesting but she's also the 3rd badass female fighter on the ship so that aspect is already played out a bit.
Yeah, same here. But I think she's only gonna be like that occasionally so it'll be something fun to go back to.

Although really, even when she's her normal android personality she's a dominant fighter.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Looking for something sci-fi to watch. Should I give season 1 a shot?
It's a by the numbers sci-fi show in the vein of something like firefly (sans the wild west stuff) or farscape - crew on a small ship, squabbling and dealing with mysteries and enemies. If you like that kind of thing it is pretty solid. Just saw this thread pop-up, didn't realize season 2 had started so I'm gonna duck out until I'm caught up.

GavinUK86

Looking for something sci-fi to watch. Should I give season 1 a shot?

Yes. And give Killjoys, The Expanse and 12 Monkeys a shot. Syfy are on a roll right now.

I finally remembered where I recognised the Warden from. He played the villain in Splinter Cell Blacklist.

YES! That's what I know his face from.

And the GA guy is from Lost Girl. The woman who was after the chip is from Orphan Black as is the guy that came on the screen in the last episode. A lot of actor sharing going on here.

Caught up in the least two episodes. So is real not 1 actually dead? I really don't want to see his punk ass anymore. If so, I'm glad they wrapped that up relatively quickly.

The most recent episode, though. The Milo scene towards the end was actually pretty sad. Really didn't want him to go out, especially like that. And man, I haven't Milo's actor in a while.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
That was a fantastic episode. Wish the rest of the season had been as good as this episode was.

Caught up in the least two episodes. So is real not 1 actually dead? I really don't want to see his punk ass anymore. If so, I'm glad they wrapped that up relatively quickly.
Same, I just can't stand the actor. But I'm starting to dig this 'how many times can we kill One?' theme they have going this season.

Alt universe One is probably the stowaway from the other universe, hope he gets killed off after they tie up the mystery behind his wife's murder instead of having him join the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom