• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT2| Prepare to Vengarl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scher

I've already cleared that section, I've beaten
Freja
already.

The great soul for Freya isn't dropped by Freya, rather it is on a corpse in that same room. Based off what you said, it sounds like you didn't get that.

isual

Question, after I change a weapon to something like Raw, do I need more Raw stone to go to +5 or the original ore to raise the value? If so, is there only a limited amount of raw/fire/lightning in the game?

I find that its better to keep your weapons as they are, since infusing weapons lowers their scaling with your stats...

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I've already cleared that section, I've beaten
Freja
already.

If you've got the souls of the Lost Sinner, Old Iron King, Duke's Dear Freja, and The Rotten then you're ready to turn them in. Warp to the Ruined Fork Road bonfire in Shaded Woods and take the left door on the upper level.

Am I crazy to still be using the Drangleic Sword+1 at almost SL100? Am I even more crazy for thinking about going to Raw with it?

Same SL as you and still using it. To be honest I wish I had never found the damn thing (or the armor). So many fun looking weapons I that I ignored because this one felt like my favorite DS1 weapon and had a big dmg number with easy stat requirements. Oh well, next playthrough will take me out of my comfort zone. Might mess with whips, dualblades, or Katanas. Hell, I might even use that goofy sounding hook hand.

RoeBear

Question, after I change a weapon to something like Raw, do I need more Raw stone to go to +5 or the original ore to raise the value? If so, is there only a limited amount of raw/fire/lightning in the game?

Everything levels up with regular titanite. Makes the game a lot better imo.

You need one stone to infuse the weapon, but after that you can upgrade it with regular titanite shards/chunks/slab. But yeah, it reduces scaling, like the above poster said.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
It doesn't say she's an important soul, though? I'll try going there, though.

I grabbed it, it just isn't listed as a major soul, so I thought it wasn't.

I think the idea with Freja is that she's not the Old One; the dead dragon strung up in her room is. So her soul isn't one of the big orange ones, since she's not an Old One, she just killed one.

Luckily the Shrine of Winter doesn't make a distinction, so you're all good.

There's no helping some people. I was trying to point a guy in the direction of the merchant in
Iron Keep
during co-op. Instead he charges a different direction, nearly gets himself killed until I come back and rescue him, and then he separates from me like it was my fault. If he'd just followed me where I was pointing! Ugh!

PBY

Banned
There's no helping some people. I was trying to point a guy in the direction of the merchant in
Iron Keep
during co-op. Instead he charges a different direction, nearly gets himself killed until I come back and rescue him, and then he separates from me like it was my fault. If he'd just followed me where I was pointing! Ugh!
I'm totally that guy :/

Same SL as you and still using it. To be honest I wish I had never found the damn thing (or the armor). So many fun looking weapons I that I ignored because this one felt like my favorite DS1 weapon and had a big dmg number with easy stat requirements. Oh well, next playthrough will take me out of my comfort zone. Might mess with whips, dualblades, or Katanas. Hell, I might even use that goofy sounding hook hand.
Same feeling. It seems that all the weapons are a lot more balanced in this game which is good for PVP but I like the super weapons in DS1

I'm using that sword and half of the Alva set and Elite Knight. I want full Alva but I need the leggings and gloves to drop.

I find that its better to keep your weapons as they are, since infusing weapons lowers their scaling with your stats...
Boo. Even just regular +1? Maybe I should revert then.

Thanks for all the replies

Ghazi

I think the idea with Freja is that she's not the Old One; the dead dragon strung up in her room is. So her soul isn't one of the big orange ones, since she's not an Old One, she just killed one.

Luckily the Shrine of Winter doesn't make a distinction, so you're all good.

I was a little confused by it at first, but I don't have a soul from it in my inventory...

I'm almost 100% certain I grabbed it too.

Are there any good boss soul items for sorcerers? Maybe a good one-handed sword or something to use in between spell casting? Also, where are all those vendors? I only know of the one in
Old Bastille

Two items to use a bonfire ascetic for:

ng+ ring off the Skeletal Lords
- huge boost to casting time

southern ritual band +2 off Scorpioness
- 3 extra spell slots

Staff:

Sunset Staff -
given by Felkin if you have the right stats (20int/20faith, or something like that), S scaling in Dark

Staff of Amana -
random drop off those homing missile lasses at the shrine, S scaling in Magic

Thanks, what's the difference between the staffs, I still don't quite understand how they scale to dark and magic if they're technically always magic... or are specific spells like considered one type or the other?

Footos22

Smelting demon
down after 2 tries solo.
He's just a hug to the left instead of the right. He's like the bluesteel version of bosses.
iron king
down too. Easiest boss in the game. Got him on the first try. Awesome looking though. Few more fights till I max out the gargoyle cov. That pyromancy that nukes ppl is so funny. Love using it when I summon a red invader. Give me a bow and then kaboom.

DARK SOULS BITCH

embalm

Can we talk about the wind physics? The way cloth and wind play with each other in this game is amazing. The wind coming off the Majula shore and blowing your cloths is awesome. The falconer helm had to be made to show off this awesome feature. This is one feature that lived up to and beyond the hype

isual

Same feeling. It seems that all the weapons are a lot more balanced in this game which is good for PVP but I like the super weapons in DS1

I'm using that sword and half of the Alva set and Elite Knight. I want full Alva but I need the leggings and gloves to drop.

Boo. Even just regular +1? Maybe I should revert then.

Thanks for all the replies

look at the scaling when you want to infuse. It goes down.

I'd rather use magic/great magic weapon spell to boost my weapon, or just a resin.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can we talk about the wind physics? The way cloth and wind play with each other in this game is amazing. The wind coming off the Majula shore and blowing your cloths is awesome. The falconer helm had to be made to show off this awesome feature. This is one feature that lived up to and beyond the hype

I just hope the PC version has hair physics on the ladies and they give a way better high ponytail to the stone selling lady.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
WTF do I keep being summoned as "grey spirit" in Brightstone? I'm part of the "Bell Covenant" but I'm not wearing the ring and I'm not being summoned to the Bell tower.

Mupod

WTF do I keep being summoned as "grey spirit" in Brightstone? I'm part of the "Bell Covenant" but I'm not wearing the ring and I'm not being summoned to the Bell tower.

you sure you're not in doors of pharos?

Is there a dude hiding behind 7000 rats trying to kill you?

Grinchy

Banned
I went back to No Man's Wharf earlier just because I hadn't actually gone through the area before. Some guy invaded me and we had a nice fight on the boat. He kept trying to throw lighting spears at me and he had no chance against my dodging game.

Maybesew

The only thing I've read is those bonfire ascetics mean that in new game+ you'll essentially be playing those areas as new game++. Just in case you didn't know that.

FYI I also learned today that using them raises the rewards in chests. I saw a streamer use one after defeating persuer and got a titanite slab and chunk instead of shards

Kusagari

I just lost 100,000 souls because of fucking
Smelter Demon

This is the first thing in the game to really make me rage. I'm going to have to go get that shield to protect against fire damage because this is ridiculous.

LProtag

Thinking about trying a faith build for my next character.

I have no idea how to stat one out though. I assume Knight is the way to start? I'll probably use Str too... but I don't know what weapon to use. Heide Knight Sword?

I'm all melee. What happened to fighting with our weapons? It's no fun trying to dodge this scrubs 40 casts of spears and pyro explosion bullshit with this game's horrible hit detection.

Shengar

OT2 already? Geez Gaf.
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for my CE copy arrived at 30th March. Why the fuck am I importing UK CE copy in the first place

Deadstar

Can someone please explain to me why I keep getting invaded in the
belfry area? I joined the covenant what the deuce is going on here?

Maybesew

Thinking about trying a faith build for my next character.

I have no idea how to stat one out though. I assume Knight is the way to start? I'll probably use Str too... but I don't know what weapon to use. Heide Knight Sword?

That would probably be your best bet for starting. It might not out perform the knight starting sword until you improve it and/or raise your faith a bit

Mupod

Can someone please explain to me why I keep getting invaded in the
belfry area? I joined the covenant what the deuce is going on here?

Everyone gets invaded, no exceptions.

You can get summoned safely if you wear the ring and just hang around the general area of bastille instead of inside the tower.

Ringing the bell and killing the boss has no effect on the covenant, so I'd advise doing that if you want to talk to the NPC in peace. You'll still get invaders but you can just run through the door to get rid of them. It's annoying as hell when that happens when you're trying to invade, though.

so does anyone know how you become the
phantom for looking glass knight
? I know its NG+ only but I don't know how to do it

I talked to the big
dragon
at the trailer castle and he have me a Ashe thing, where do I go with it? There's too many damn doors to keep track of.

Astral

Co-op seems to make the game pathetically easy. I've been summoned to the final boss 3 times and all 3 times the fight ended in about 2 minutes. Is the final boss just that easy or is co-op always like this?

Mupod

Funny people saying Old Iron King was easy. Must be casters.

For me he was actually easier in melee. My sunlight spear does like a third of his health but I had better luck dodging his slow ass fists than his janky ass fire.

The hardest thing about the fight is that damn hole

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Killed two bosses and I dont know about this one.

Seems like the design is really heavily based around "gotcha" bullshit. Not just dudes waiting around corners but from places you could have never anticipated. Enemies just seem to spring from behind you from ridiculous locations.

Locations in general thus far have been ugly, unimpressive and just blah. I'm hoping DS2 steps up its presentation soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom