• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

Really, really can't wait for this. Especially after Durante's article.

Working on my Playfire Rewards credit this week to bring the price lower. Currently at $28 for the game. PC Gaming = Cheap Ass Mode. :D

Every day goes by, hating myself for waiting on the PC version. By I shall be rewarded a week from now...

It's worth it.

FgZihPk.jpg

Garcia

Man, I'm really looking forward to it. Summoning, warping (and even dying) are going to be such a joy now without those loading times getting in the way.

Praise the Sun!

I've got my Collector's Edition preordered from Amazon, so I'm only concerned that they don't fuck it up. Everything else I've read (which means Durante's impressions) look damn good.

Persona7

Banned
I will be making new players miserable when this releases using a route to gain a bunch of cracked red eye orbs relatively quickly.

tytEcBi.gif

-MD-

Between this, Dynasty Warriors 8 and Garden Warfare all hitting PC in the next month or two I'm set for awhile.

Looking forward to playing through a Souls game along side the community for the first time.

Levyne

Banned
Between this, Dynasty Warriors 8 and Garden Warfare all hitting PC in the next month or two I'm set for awhile.

Looking forward to playing through a Souls game along side the community for the first time.

Yep, I was way late to the party on both the first two. Will be nice to experience when it's "new".

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Wait its coming to US Steam?

Ridley327

That thread title has S-scaling in all four attributes.

Held off on the console release in the hopes that this was going to be an awesome port, and it sounds like it will be.

Nibel

Quite hilarious that this thread is almost unreadable on mobile :lol

Also yeah, no spoilers please! One key element of the series is exploration, so respect that

impact

Banned
That thread title has S-scaling in all four attributes.

Held off on the console release in the hopes that this was going to be an awesome port, and it sounds like it will be.

buff S-scaling plz From

scaling kinda blows in this game

Orayn

I'm proud of how unspoiled I've managed to keep myself. I know the names of some areas and bosses, the general look/feel of a few more, and a vague outline of the beginning of the game, but I'm completely blind apart from that.

I long for death's cold embrace. In a fun way.

-MD-

I'm proud of how unspoiled I've managed to keep myself. I know the names of some areas and bosses, the general look/feel of a few more, and a vague outline of the beginning of the game, but I'm completely blind apart from that.

I've read most of the areas and boss's names through browsing the various DS2 threads over the past few weeks but I only remember a handful, I'm going in like 98% blind and it feels good.

erawsd

Same here. Other than the GB Quicklook and the odd screenshot here/there just to see how the PC game compares, I'm going in blind. When I played Dark Souls I read a bunch of tips and other beginner guides, not gonna do it this time.

Grief.exe

I've seen the opening areas, but that is about it.

Don't watch the PC gamer video on deaths, I turned it off pretty quickly but apparently it spoils so later areas, bosses, and enemies.

nbthedude

I've seen the opening areas, but that is about it.

Don't watch the PC gamer video on deaths, I turned it off pretty quickly but apparently it spoils so later areas, bosses, and enemies.

When I put on the Giant Bomb video of the original console launch and the PC version, I literally made it a point to immediately tab to another browser so I could neither see nor interpret what they were saying. As a result, I literally do not know what any of the enemies or areas even look like.

I set up a private Steam group with 5 friends and we have vowed to all play through it together, never looking anything up and only sharing what we discouver with one another.

It's going to be awesome.

Grief.exe

When I put on the Giant Bomb video of the original console launch and the PC version, I literally made it a point to immediately tab to another browser so I could neither see nor interpret what they were saying. As a result, I literally do not know what any of the enemies or areas even look like.

I set up a private Steam group with 5 friends and we have vowed to all play through it together, never looking anything up and only sharing what we discouver with one another.

It's going to be awesome.

That's actually what I did too while I was watching the Quicklook. Just had it up in another tab so I can listen to the commentary on the PC version.

Gorillaz

So were having it be 2 seperate OP's?

Those joining in now hope yall enjoy it. Curious to hear the overall impressions and rankings of the Souls games after this last bit join in.

Grief.exe

So were having it be 2 seperate OP's?

Those joining in now hope yall enjoy it. Curious to hear the overall impressions and rankings of the Souls games after this last bit join in.

I still have to play Demon's Souls! I did aquire a copy and a PS3, just have to sit down and do it.

Unfortunately, it will probably gravitate to the back of the list as I have Dark Souls II to play, then GFWL will be inevitably patched from Dark Souls I and I will have to play that again.

impact

Banned
I still have to play Demon's Souls! I did aquire a copy and a PS3, just have to sit down and do it.

Unfortunately, it will probably gravitate to the back of the list as I have Dark Souls II to play, then GFWL will be inevitably patched from Dark Souls I and I will have to play that again.

Heathen.

Put your indie games down for a week and play the best PS3 exclusive.

Phlebas

Banned
I have a few questions

1. I got a little discouraged after the first Dark Souls, I ran into the graveyard filled with skeletons after that tutorial place. No matter what I did I couldn't seem to beat them.

are there specific things I need to do to not suck? or am I doomed to not get very far.

2. With a GTX 580, i7-3770k and 16 GB DDR3 1800...

realistically on what settings can i play this well on?

3. Gamepad or KB/M ?

Grief.exe

Heathen.

Put your indie games down for a week and play the best PS3 exclusive.

It's just too damn good.

drTaSJ1.png

I have a few questions

1. I got a little discouraged after the first Dark Souls, I ran into the graveyard filled with skeletons after that tutorial place. No matter what I did I couldn't seem to beat them.

are there specific things I need to do to not suck? or am I doomed to not get very far.

That area was meant specifically to dissuade you from going in that direction. The implication is you die a few times, then give up and try another direction.

Max

3. Gamepad or KB/M ?

Analog movement is always preferable for this type of game.

Levyne

Banned
I have a few questions

3. Gamepad or KB/M ?

1.) The graveyard area is really tough to start out in. You're "supposed" to go the other way, to the Undead Burg, to start out. Generally people only visit the graveyard area early to snag some items.

2.) I would think that you can run it just find on the high settings, unless you plan to go well past 1080p.

3.) Gamepad.

Gorillaz

Your moving on to Dark Souls 2? Without Demon Souls being played? and you now have a PS3?

what are you doing Grief
I have a few questions

Lol there was another place to go to you know? like upward

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Will my GTX 480 & i5-3570k get stable 60 fps at 1080p? I know it's an old card, but was just wondering. No one has answered my question in other related threads.

feel

Only a week to go, so close!

(First post is a mess on mobile neogaf for some reason.)

edit-

We need some PC eye candy embedded in this first page:

(credit to Durante)
darksoulsii_2014_04_1mey94.jpg

darksouls2-full-37dqkny.png

darksouls2-full-35zgfuw.png

iEDeAjUebJTJ6.png

screenshot155444ytygk.jpg

ibx13FHbXy7AS3.png

screenshot2337794qlfp.jpg

screenshot343728n9z04.jpg

godrays.jpg

dekline

Used my gmg coupon to buy this last week. Glad I didn't pick up the ps3 version after reading durante's verdict. I just wish I could pre-load... :(

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So excited!

5HhsT7T.png

One more week!

Will my GTX 480 & i5-3570k get stable 60 fps at 1080p? I know it's an old card, but was just wondering. No one has answered my question in other related threads.

Can't really tell you for sure as we don't have the game to gauge against our hardware

Phlebas

Banned
on mobile so I'm not going to try multi-quote but I appreciate the replies.

admittedly I never tried for very long so I didn't realize there were other routes.

Grief.exe

Your moving on to Dark Souls 2? Without Demon Souls being played? and you now have a PS3?

what are you doing Grief

I've been trying to hold off on the Souls so I can enjoy this release more. I tend to do that with a lot of releases so I don't get fatigued.

Also, console games are kind of a bitch to play. After so many years of PC games I'm not used to waiting for anything.

LOADING LOADING LOADING UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE RESTART RESTART RESTART LOADING LOADING LOADING LOADING LOADING LOADING New Game LOADING LOADING LOADING LOADING

Seems like a trivial thing, but lessened my enjoyment of Last of Us considerably last year. That's without going into resolution, frame rate, etc.

I'm pretty dumb and can't maintain a gaming PC well. Will this require a lot of tweaking or should I just get a DRM machine

Shouldn't be a problem. This PC port is looking very good out of the box.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Only a week to go, so close!

(First post is a mess on mobile neogaf for some reason.)

Its the indent. It works well for the PC post but on mobile it sucks. The only thing I could do is remove the indent on the text to fix it but it would change the formatting and the way I created my banners I would have to edit them for it to look proper. I'll get to work on that now.

novenD

I've managed to avoid spoilers, my copy is pre-ordered, and I've finished my first run of DS.

Let's do this, GAF.

darksoulspvpudqqhjrjf8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom