• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ibrZCHXwLDJi8I.png

ibdcAXUIhJcNdH.png

iQTHjOTdnLYV4.png

iV4qzzyKu2if0.png
ikBH3BcbbxNYA.png

ibpRy2qWf5Ypct.png

Dark Souls II is a Dark Fantasy RPG Centered around tense dungeon exploration and a difficult, satisfying challenges.

In addition to the normal appeals of growth and discovery that RPGs provide, Dark Souls II aims to give the player a sense of accomplishment. The serious dangers in the game fosters greater verisimilitude and more immersion in the world of this Action Adventure.

Another Hallmark of the series - Its simple system for sharing your world with other players online - Returns better than ever in Dark Souls II with the introduction of dedicated game servers, resulting in a smoother multiplayer experience. Without any need for words you can bring another player into your adventure experience.
Master the formidable challenges of this Dark Fantasy world, and be rewarded

COLLECTOR'S GUIDE
ieRtAjVfxUz4q.png

Area Guide Walkthrough - detailed maps to guide you in exploring every inch of the game's huge world. Learn ahortcuts that will not only save time but also reduce deaths by PvP invasion. Discover the most powerful weapons and useful treasures.

Multiplayer Guide - Co-operation and survival or invasion and destruction - all of the essential techniques are discussed. For new players, basic survival tactics are explained. For advanced players, the hidden technical details are revealed to keep them on the cutting edge.

Enemy Analysis - To succeed, you must know your enemy. Elemental weaknesses, damage type weaknesses, lethal attacks, tactics for melee and ranged fighters, tactics for defeating foes using the terrain, story significance, item drops... all will be revealed.

Weapons & Equipment - Weapons, Armor and Magic are all covered in exhaustive detail. Full stats, locations, upgrade paths and usage strategies are provided so you can easily compare all of the options when choosing which equipment to use and how to upgrade your gear.

Item Data - Complete item lists reveal every last consumable, accessory, upgrading material and offensive item. Quickly discover where to find each one, how to make the most of them, and how to defend yourself when they are used against you!
Lore Index - A unique guide to help players unravel this dark, mysterious world of Dark Souls for themselves. The Lore Index guides players to find the clues they need to illuminate the truth, revealing as much as required while spoiling as little as possible.

i2Lur2FCuwdc9.png

Pre-purchase Dark Souls™ II for PC on Steam and get the following extra content:
ibsCGYsyyl1fEu.jpg

10 early access weapons and shields:
- Black Flamestone Dagger
- Black Flamestone Parma
- Yellow Quartz Longsword
- Yellow Quartz Shield
- Bound Hand Axe
- Bound Wooden Shield
- Homunculus Mace
- Homunculus Wooden Shield
- Transgressor's Staff
- Transgressor's Leather Shield

You will also receive these digital extras:
ibsCGYsyyl1fEu.jpg

- Original Game Soundtrack (35 tracks to immerse yourself in the gripping world of Dark Souls™ II).
- Official Dark Souls™ II Artbook (conceptual drawings, characters and enemies) in PDF format
- The complete Dark Souls II Digital Comic Book written by Rob Williams and Andi Ewington with art provided by Simon Coleby

COLLECTOR'S EDITION
iuDcbFzKxJuns.jpg

The Dark Souls II PC Collector’s Edition will come with:

- A digital download code for the game
- Collectable metal case
- 12” tall Warrior Knight figurine
- Exclusive hardbound art book
- Original game soundtrack
- Black Armor Weapons Pack access code
- Dark Souls II cloth map

ibh7yJC8nQVTbw.png

Summons: Summon players to help you fight your way through the game. The summons have limited time so use them wisely.

Invasions: Enemies will invade you in the game. Fight em off and get souls and humanity from them.

Covenants: When exploring the game world, specific opportunities will allow the player to ally with a specific person/object.

This oath/allegiance system is called a Covenant.

Dedicated Servers: Unlike Dark Souls 1 this game features dedicated servers for better online play.
ibbUuCxsOGuQNK.png

Warrior
A warrior that lives on the battle field. Has high Strength and Dexterity, making it easy to meet stat requirements for weapons. Has a shield from the beginning.

Knight
A traveling knight. Has high Vigor and Adaptability allowing them to withstand many hits. Does not come equipped with a shield, so players need to be cautious at the beginning. Has fairly high Faith.

Swordsman
A swordsman with honed skills. Fights skillfully with weapons equipped in each hand. Equipped with an upgraded Scimitar and Longsword from the start.

Bandit
A ruthless bandit. Has high Dexterity and can use a bow. Can react to both long range and short range threats. Best for players that want to create a Dexterity build.

Cleric
A cleric on a pilgrimage. Their miracles and high Faith can show them the way forward. Has learned the Heal miracle from the start and can explore with persistence.

Sorcerer
A wise sorcerer. Can command sorcery with high Intelligence and Attunement. Has learned Soul Arrow and is good at long ranged combat.

Explorer
An explorer traveling through many lands. Does not excel in any particular area, but comes equipped with many items, allowing them to fight advantageously at the beginning of the game.

Deprived
A Nude person with an unknown background. Fights empty-handed. Their body itself is the proof of their existence. Starts at level 1 and therefore can grow in whatever way the player wishes to.

ibu1i2k5t933sy.png

ipgIY1foQmi9z.png

iT4UIQKp5dO4J.png

GALLERY
Click to access Gallery

VIDEOS
Despair
Go Beyond Death
Aching Bones
Cursed
Longing
UK Cinema Spot
JP Spot
Dark Souls II - Hollow Lullaby
Making Dark Souls 2: A New World, Engine, & Exclusive Gameplay (Part 1)
Dark Souls II (PC): Giant Bomb Quick Look
IGN 12 Minutes Gameplay
EpicNameBro Beta Impressions
VaatiVidya PVP- Everything We Know So Far
VaatiVidya- 5 New Features in Dark Souls 2

iyBIRgXFXTQ8u.png

Review Thread

iiQUOBtJYidbL.png

CONSOLE OT
OT1 | OT2|OT3

Dark Souls II NeoGaf Steam Group
Durante's Dark Souls II PC Verdict
Durante's Dark Souls II PC Tweaking Guide
Dark Souls II Tips(Very Useful)
Lore Thread
Dark Souls 1 OT
The Instructions Manual
Dark Souls II - Graphics Comparison - PC Preview
Spoilers Thread
Dark Souls 2 Website
Beyond The Bonfire(shows server status, total player deaths, pvp hotspots and most used inventory)
Dark Souls Facebook Page
EpicNameBro YouTube Channel
VaatiVidya YouTube Channel

USING GEDOSATO?
disable_steam_overlay_by_aloo81-d7fu1b1.gif

PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS FOR ANYTHING THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED A SPOILER ON THIS THREAD (STORY, BOSSES, HIDDEN CONTENT, ETC.)
jbyUgXcvWZUhDv.png

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Still debating with myself wheter or not i double dip this on launch day.

Nito, you should add a link to Durante's article in the OP ;)

Levyne

Banned
Part of me says "Wow, OT already, that soon huh", the other still realizes how long we have left to wait.

Looking forward to it.

K.Sabot

God damn the Dark Souls II OT titles have been great (save for the very first one we had for like 5 hours, sorry that OT guy).

Waiting to get a PC to play this. I can't stress the temptation I had when the console versions hit, but lighting-gate made it much easier for me.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
What's the cheapest way to buy a US version?

LiK

Definitely on a roll there.

Is it normal to split OT's across platforms here? Seems like one should be sufficient.

it's fine because the console versions have been played enough that we're not so worried about spoilers as much as the PC folks. and PC folks can discuss technical issues in here that the console players don't need to get involved in.

onionfrog

I'm ready!
And I should have time to wrap up my Soul Level 1 run on Dark Souls before Dark Souls 2 comes out!
Bed of Chaos is some bullshit when you die in one or two hits.

Maybe merge it down the line but us PC omly players don't want to be spoiled and the OT is for people who've already played for a long while.

it's fine because the console versions have been played enough that we're not so worried about spoilers as much as the PC folks. and PC folks can discuss technical issues in here that the console players don't need to get involved in.

That seems reasonable enough. The console OT certainly seems to have gotten more lacks on its use of Spoiler tags.

Vazra

As someone already mentioned this thread people will be having technical talk, mod talk and an audience that didn't participated on the Console OT. I expect maybe later make a thread for the Mods/Fixes for Dark Souls II so the PC technical talk can stay somewhere else out of the main OT without bothering the Console gamers. I expect maybe after this OT if not the next one to simply work with 1 OT. Mobile people do not worry I'll simplify it for your entertainment when the thread gets merged with the main OT.

That seems reasonable enough. The console OT certainly seems to have gotten more lacks on its use of Spoiler tags.

It has been a month already so I guess everyone eased up on the Spoiler Tags for most of the part. I do expect people to be respectful here at least for the first OT with the spoilers.

I wasn't around for the first Dark Souls at release. I assume this OT can be a place to post discoveries we have made (hard to reach weapons, secret wall locations, boss tips, etc) and in doing so what is proper etiquette? Spoiler tag all discoveries? Is it ok to just post what you've learned or should I scout all the posts to make sure I'm not repeating something?

Chavelo

Working on my Playfire Rewards credit this week to bring the price lower. Currently at $28 for the game. PC Gaming = Cheap Ass Mode. :D

Every day goes by, hating myself for waiting on the PC version. By I shall be rewarded a week from now...

shogunduk

i'm still bummed we aren't getting what was shown in the early gameplay footage. i was so sure that would be the PC version.

Vazra

I wasn't around for the first Dark Souls at release. I assume this OT can be a place to post discoveries we have made (hard to reach weapons, secret wall locations, boss tips, etc) and in doing so what is proper etiquette? Spoiler tag all discoveries? Is it ok to just post what you've learned or should I scout all the posts to make sure I'm not repeating something?

Correct sir. Spoiler Tag discoveries, bosses, locations etc. Its not fair to spoil details to players.

Orayn

Dawn of the Final Week

168 Hours Remain (More like 170-171 according to Steam, but whatever)

8klJQPG.gif

'Bout to prepurchase this with a large discount from the $35 in my Steam wallet I made from flipping items on the Steam community market. Thanks, Gaben!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom