• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III Press Event Discussion: Embargo - 8am CST (03/01/)

Mifec

PC settings

nLol3.jpg

That's not what i mean. Why not offer different AA versions? They will be there anyway.

I know what you meant, it was joke, sorry.

I really have no idea why they don't include multiple kinds of antialiasing options or levels, but at least the PC settings are even further expanded from Dark Souls II!
There doesn't appear to be a cloth physics setting this time though...

I hope for my friend's sake that this can run in dx10 mode.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Stream was shit. The dude in the middle and his sound ruined it all.

Stream was shit. The dude in the middle and his sound ruined it all.

I thought it was actually one of the better streams from a journalism outlet. They actually seemed to know the soulsborne games pretty well, and they weren't awful at it. Especially Chloi.

I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I thought it was actually one of the better streams from a journalism outlet. They actually seemed to know the soulsborne games pretty well, and they weren't awful at it. Especially Chloi.

I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Chloi was really good, just sayin' that the dude in the middle completely ruined it all for me.

Yoshichan

How were the IGN people doing boss wise? Demolished or Bloodborne breeze?
First = breeze
Second and third = demolished

Sanctuary

PC settings

nLol3.jpg

Mmmm, my 980 Ti just arrived last night too. Fully aware of the potential May/June launch of new cards too, which is why I went with EVGA. Wasn't going to play my first month of DS3 on a GTX 780. It would have been able to handle the game just fine, but I want to max out everything, and potentially downsample without any framerate issues.

AlterOdin

PC settings

nLol3.jpg

Looking ok.

What I like:
- Seems there are different kind of textures, hopefully a option to take advantage of high end GPU's

What I don't like
- AA : on or off? Hmm, fxaa? Kill it with a fire bomb! (atleast give use some options)

The rest, pretty much expected, but nice to have options. So what's the new lingo for low-medium-high this time, high-ultra-max? :) !!

Wagram

I decided to pull the plug on the PC version. It sucks I can't obtain the platinum, but the better experience on PC will be worth it.

There's a sale on Dark Souls 3 at Gamesplanet for folks who are interested. I got the game and season pass for $69.45. No tax and what not and down from $85 pre tax here in US.

AlterOdin

It goes from low to max. I assume max is PC specific and High is where consoles end up.

Ok cool, very good they have options for the player! I'm just used to, as of lately, that publishers will not "associate" the game with "low" or even "medium" settings.

Can't remember the specific game(s), but have had som instansens were high was the lowest setting, then very-high was medium, and ultra was high.

All about marketing I guess.

Wagram

I didn't wish to watch, but how did it perform on the alleged 980? Any dips below 60?

It wasn't stable 60 always at max with the alleged specs, but without knowing what else was going on it's hard to pass judgement. Best to wait until the JP release and get more info.

Risette

A Good Citizen
how come Amazon doesn't offer release date delivery for this? do they usually only add it in the last few days before the game ships?

Top Bottom