• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)

JVIDICAN

Set it to 2560x1600 in the config

This is the result;

1qokjd.png

Awww

same result at 1080p :p
EDIT: yep disabling AA fixed that

gogogow

The fix works with AA off. FPS is still very inconsistent.....

25fps here

http://www.abload.de/img/data2012-08-2319-45-5vusaw.png[/img

25-30fps here

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/data2012-08-2319-46-2d7s70.png[/img

15fps here

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/data2012-08-2319-47-32msv3.png[/img

Feels like I'm playing Hexen in a way. I mean this is garbage optimization. It's 30 but has drops a lot. And stays that way. I mean, look at the game. This is not a graphical showcase.[/QUOTE]
You are running the game at 1360x768? With a 7970 and you get as low as 15fps? Wow, I wonder what other people's fps are like, running at 1080p.

Durante, I have no intention of buying the game on the computer, I don't own a good enough computer to warrant double dipping again after getting both console versions (and later the DLC on both) but I just want to say that you are absolutely amazing for this fix. Truly incredible. Your generosity, refusing to even put advertisements on your website in favour of donations, it is just incredible. Not only that, but you fixed the internal rendering resolution before the game even came out in some regions! Absolutely incredible work. Anything you get as compensation for this, you absolutely deserve.

legacyzero

Banned
I just posted this to the Steam Forums. The world must know.

Durante, you should gets some adds on that site. Time for you to make some money for your heroics :)

gogogow

I'm going to try it with MSI Afterburner off since it was mentioned here. 6970 btw.

Typo, 6970 is still a pretty damn good card. Does it work better on a nVidia card? Was the case with Binary Domain, no matter what ATI card you had, it could go to single digit in certain scenes.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Seriously, everyone chip in some $ for this man.

HERE IS THE DONATION PAGE

?

If you wanted to make a purchase, or send a payment, please check your PayPal account and your email inbox to receive a transaction confirmation in about 30 minutes.

If you have arrived from another site to this page, go back please to this site (use not the browser button "Back" to do so), and start the action again.

If you have arrived from the PayPal site to this page, click top left on the PayPal logo to return to the home page and start the action again. If you need to login again.

la_briola

?

If you wanted to make a purchase, or send a payment, please check your PayPal account and your email inbox to receive a transaction confirmation in about 30 minutes.

If you have arrived from another site to this page, go back please to this site (use not the browser button "Back" to do so), and start the action again.

If you have arrived from the PayPal site to this page, click top left on the PayPal logo to return to the home page and start the action again. If you need to login again.

No that link is just wrong. Use the one from my blog.
http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=92

2San

?

Here you go:
copied wrong link >->

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=92

RedSwirl

Has anyone tried to run this game on a sub-3GHz CPU? I'm still uneasy about my Q6600 being able to run it after talk about the system requirements and optimization.

Hypron

Has anyone tried to run this game on a sub-3GHz CPU? I'm still uneasy about my Q6600 being able to run it after talk about the system requirements and optimization.

I've got a Q6700 @2.9 Ghz, I'll try the game as soon as I get home from uni (in around 5/6 hours), I'll tell you how it runs if no one has yet.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
OSD means on screen display(fps and stats in game). So if you have that off, you should be fine I guess?

I have that off at all times and use it for OC and fan control. I use fraps for fps counting.

Turning off MSI did little for me.

RedSwirl

I've got a Q6700 @2.9 Ghz, I'll try the game as soon as I get home from uni (in around 5/6 hours), I'll tell you how it runs if no one has yet.

My Q6600 is a 2.4GHz quad core but thanks. Anyone else's input on this would be appreciated too.

Now has anyone confirmed what's actually tying down the FPS lock?

So, I have black bars. if I use any 16x10 resolution, I will always get those bars right...?

Awww don't tell me... I'll be running the game at 1440 x 900 over here so this would be nice to know too.

gogogow

OSD means on screen display(fps and stats in game). So if you have that off, you should be fine I guess?

Without health bar, item/weapon selection etc.? How do you play the game that way? Or are we talking about MSI Afterburner OSD stats?

chiablo

Same, I have a Q6600 that is clocked at 3.0GHz. I'm also in class tonight, but will report when I get home what my performance is like.

Top Bottom