• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)

LiK

iJaXPeZwg9Vae.jpg

Can't read the messages on the floor.. but I dont need no hints! (maybe?)

it's basic stuff like moves and attacks etc. if you're unsure, i highly recommend watching a LP of the beginning just to know what the text was.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That's encouraging. I have an HD 7970 but I was afraid that there was an AMD specific issue.

It runs fine about 60% of the time for me. Which is rather disappointing so this needs a fixin ASAP. I mean a From fix, not Durante. He's done some good already.

Low res assets my ass. The armor/weapons/architecture/textures look pretty damn high res to me. Game looks better than a ton of PC games. AND runs at a solid 30 fps with very few drops.

iNvid02

most aaa games have decent options for PC, hell even most indie games have some basic options at least. and now the average movie tie-in ports are understanding how to port to pc

come on japan, if you cant diy then outsource it

tTSgS.png

TheUsual

Gold Member
Great job, Durante! Works fine for me so far (AA off and motion blur on). Just tested it to try it out after playing for about 30 minutes and it looks great!

EDIT: No text either.

Wanny

Low res assets my ass. The armor/weapons/architecture/textures look pretty damn high res to me. Game looks better than a ton of PC games. AND runs at a solid 30 fps with very few drops.

The unlock resolution actually made the textures muuuuuuch more crisper!

There is still that ugly DOF tho.

Yes, me. Working fine using MotionJoy.

Yes. Motioninjoy. Then emulate Xbox360 controller. Already same button layout than original PS3 version. :)

Deepo

This has been a fun night. I really didn't think we'd be this close to a fix right after launch, but then again, I've seen Durante do some amazing stuff previously. Have you guys checked out his work on using a capture card to apply AA to console games?

Another pleasant surprise is that the game seems to run at a very stable 30FPS. It does not suffer from from judder due to drawing every frame 2 times, as some 30FPS capped games seems to do. So I think I'll actually be able to live with the cap. Looks to be the superior version anyway!

That's encouraging. I have an HD 7970 but I was afraid that there was an AMD specific issue.

Yea I only played up to the first Bonfire, so things could change but my god does it look and feel just great. The art can finally shine.

People having issues may just have to turn down the res in Config? I don't know, I would think cards as good as liquids shouldn't be having issues...

Clevinger

From Software should name some boss or NPC in Dark Souls 2 "Durante." He must be making them a decent amount of otherwise lost sales from this.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Can't resist. Like many others have said: Thank you very very much!

This release of the game was garbage in my opinion before you fixed it and now I can buy it thanks to your work!

SOLDIER

I don't suppose anyone could make like the classy gent who fixed Dark Souls and come up for a resolution fix for Claddun X2?

You want to talk about terrible PC ports....it won't even display on my TV.

Maedhros

Since I'll be playing the game on 720p and my download hasn't finished anyway, I'll be waiting for the tomorrow version.

Top Bottom