• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)

whoadpahl.jpg

Jesus it looks SO MUCH BETTER like this

I love you Durante

LAWD! First good screenshot of Dark Souls I've seen

RedSwirl

Same, I have a Q6600 that is clocked at 3.0GHz. I'm also in class tonight, but will report when I get home what my performance is like.

Like I said though, mine is clocked at 2.4. I don't think it's made a difference in very many PC games up until now though, but people are still reporting bad optimization with this game.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I don't have the game and I don't intend to buy it anytime soon, but definitely will at some point in the future, but I will still donate in hopes you'd continue to your support.

LiK

by messages on the ground, do you guys mean the ones during the very beginning of the levels cuz they're tutorial messages.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Hmm, too bad - the DSfix brings my framerate down to about 10 FPS. No DSfix - 30 FPS solid.

Nice work, though, Durante.

On a different note, does anyone know how to get rid of the mouse cursor? It's REALLY distracting. Playing with a gamepad is not an option for me.

PC Specs?

vash1122

Neo Member
by messages on the ground, do you guys mean the ones during the very beginning of the levels cuz they're tutorial messages.

Yeah those are the ones. I guess if they're just tutorial messages there's no harm in skipping them though.

Teknoman

Its been awhile since i've messed with internal res via ini...and even then only when messing with FFXI.

If i'm running the game at 1440x900, should I set the internal res at the same?

Tried forcing MSAA, didn't work. Forcing SSAA it doesn't even start.

But setting the rendering res to something high works great, it's essentially SSAA.

Hmm, too bad - the DSfix brings my framerate down to about 10 FPS. No DSfix - 30 FPS solid.

Nice work, though, Durante.

On a different note, does anyone know how to get rid of the mouse cursor? It's REALLY distracting. Playing with a gamepad is not an option for me.

I'm nervous that I'll have issues as well.

People with AMD cards, how is performance with the fix?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GPU usage is bizzare.

gpuusage2cree.png

Look at the 2nd one down. Outside of spikes, this is not using all my GPU horsepower.

To be clear, I get the same dips and performance regardless of res or having MSI on.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
i7-3610QM @ 2.3GHz
8 GB RAM
Win 7 64-bit
GTX 675M
1080p native res

I know, gaming laptop, but it runs basically everything quite well. I have a desktop rig that could probably handle the DSfix, but it's packed away right now. No worries - Durante has done a fine job regardless of my performance.

Agreed. I'm running it on a desktop with a similar CPU clock, and it's definitely having troubles at 1080p. Looks amazing though, and I'm sure it'll perform much better on my i5-2500k PC.

To Blight Town!

Mupod

The hell? It's saying my 'multiplayer privileges are blocked, game will start in offline mode'. My xbox live did expire recently but why would that matter for a GFWL game?

Edit: never mind, went away after a restart. I WAS signed in though.

Ok a buddy of mine has his but I ordered it from Greenman Gaming. I put the code in on Steam and all I have is "Dark Souls Pre-Order."

Help?

LiK

Yeah those are the ones. I guess if they're just tutorial messages there's no harm in skipping them though.

well, they do give you basic tips that will help since the game is already pretty bare bones in hints. hopefully that issue gets fixed or i guess people can check a quick basic guide online as a replacement.

gogogow

GPU usage is bizzare.

http://www.abload.de/img/gpuusage2cree.png[/img

Look at the 2nd one down. Outside of spikes, this is not using all my GPU horsepower.

To be clear, I get the same dips and performance regardless of res or having MSI on.[/QUOTE]

No wonder it runs so bad on your rig. It barely uses the GPU. We need someone with a nVidia card to see how much of the GPU it uses.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Was gonna try and skip this release and wait for the PS3 DLC, but the screens and obviously Durante's work has sold me. Downloading now!

Just loaded it up. Running fine for me so far (5770 here), but I'm running it at 1440x810 in a window. My god it looks so much better. Can't thank you enough Durante.

LiK

man, such a fucking shame. if a modder can make the game look so pretty, it would've been nice if FROM got another company to port the game for them like with Ninja Blade. better than the shit we got.

Top Bottom