• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls - New Trailer - 2011 Worldwide [Update 2: Video Interview In OP]

canova said:
it'll be up till at least October 2011
I'm a little late back to the thread so thanks for the info, I think my body may finally be ready.

Yes, yes I know "but my asshole won't be", I've heard it all before :p

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
They got rid off tendency? good, that's the only reason why I haven't bought DS. I don't mind dying but when the game gets tougher because of that, that's too much.

BumRush

I just got a chance to see the trailer and EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF it looks amazing...graphics, setting, models, etc. everything looks like Demon's Souls only better...(and DS is easily one of my top 5 games ever)

subversus said:
They got rid off tendency? good, that's the only reason why I haven't bought DS. I don't mind dying but when the game gets tougher because of that, that's too much.
Lemme just tell you that you made one hell of a mistake...

The game doesn't become alot tougher in Black Tendencies, just a little bit, and you also get rewarded with more souls, and you can increase tendency back to white by killing Black Phantoms.

Zeliard

2elqq2p.jpg

2d9prht.jpg

Majestic.

I'll take these visuals over your Killzones and Uncharteds any day.

Canova

Banned
I don't know why we're all excited about? I mean this game is gonna murder us, it's gonna torture and inflict as much pain as possible, and yet, we're all giggling in anticipation.

something's not right with us

Minsc

Gold Member
Time for Fallout to step down, looks like there's a new rat king in town! Now there's a rat worth fighting if I ever saw one!

Love the look of this game, never played DS, but will definitely pick this up when it comes out.

Durante

DennisK4 said:
That's one of the most graphically stunning scenes I've ever seen any RPG, regardless of platform or heritage.

Minsc said:
Love the look of this game, never played DS, but will definitely pick this up when it comes out.
You should fix that if at all possible.

Eccocid

subversus said:

Such a weird excuse to skip such a great game..meh

Canova

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Ahh, refreshing, am I right?

Might I add:

Some of the best concept art I've seen in a long while

yeah gotta love From Soft no compromise attitude.

also beautiful art direction

Foffy

Banned
canova said:
I don't know why we're all excited about? I mean this game is gonna murder us, it's gonna torture and inflict as much pain as possible, and yet, we're all giggling in anticipation.

something's not right with us

They create wonderfully atmospheric games.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Eccocid said:
Such a weird excuse to skip such a great game..meh

Well I thought that tendency could make the game impossibly hard. Turns out it's not the case.

cj_iwakura

Tangent: how is Armored Core For Answer? If they put as much love into mecha warfare as they do dark fantasy, I figure it must be special.

subversus said:
Well I thought that tendency could make the game impossibly hard. Turns out it's not the case.
Only in certain circumstances does it even turn the tendency black. If you die with your body, yes but %75 percent of the time in this game you don't have your body and dying does nothing.

Peff

subversus said:

Tendency is only affected if you die in body form anyways, which is extremely rare. If you are a Soul, you can die as many times as you want and the difficulty won't change.

Zeliard

Also, for people who are really worried about Demon's Souls' difficulty, there's a class you can pick at the start that makes the early game much more manageable if you're new to it (Royal class).

If you continue to find it too difficult, you're also able to grind souls and items due to the hub/level-based system, and essentially make yourself stronger in combat by getting better gear and boosting your stats. There are ways to get through parts of the game if you're struggling with getting the hang of the rhythms of combat, until you get used to it.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Hm. I avoided all spoilers about Demon's Souls. Now, do I have the willpower to avoid them the second time around?

Game looks simply amazing, and it's going to keep my PS3 in my house.

So my worries about online play were completely unfounded? This is the best news in a long time! Everything sounds exactly how I wanted DS2 to go.

Mesijs

Looking at this game and Demon's Souls I ask the question: what games did this specific team make before? I have no clue actually...?

KidDork

I'm hopping up and down that this is coming to XBox. This is the game that had me regretting my decision to pay my mortgage instead of getting a PS3.

Kuran

Banned
From kills it in the art direction department (and everything else).

They truly put any other effort to shame, funny thing is DA2 and the Witcher have budgets ten times the size of Dark Souls... (I'm assuming)

Maybe this is because I can't imagine From software outsourcing any of the assets, everything looks like it fits perfectly.

iconoclast said:
2011 is the year of the forever.

Dark Souls, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Muchi Muchi Pork. Who needs anything else?

IF everything makes it and if it is as good as I think it will be it may be the single best year in the history of gaming...

ManeKast

Reading the announcement and watching the trailer left me with nothing but dread. Demons Souls was one of the greatest experiences ever but it was also agonising, terrifying and evil. Like a bad relationship where the sex was great but the relationship was permanently damaging to ones mental health. Now that another similar experience approaches I can only contain my excitement with caution, fear and morbid curiosity.

Looks *awesome*. Day 1.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Kuran said:
From kills it in the art direction department (and everything else).

They truly put any other effort to shame, funny thing is DA2 and the Witcher have budgets ten times the size of Dark Souls... (I'm assuming)

Maybe this is because I can't imagine From software outsourcing any of the assets, everything looks like it fits perfectly.

Okay, first, don't put DA2 and the Witcher together as if they are similar in any way. Secondly, what the hell is wrong with The Witcher's art direction?

Minsc

Gold Member
Durante said:
You should fix that if at all possible.

I know, I want to based on everything I read about it. Maybe Sony will announce a PSP2 special edition of it one day. In the meantime at least there's Dark Souls!

YoungHav

Banned
LOL @ people that avoid greatness because they heard about Demon's Souls difficulty. If you have ever tried to beat a Nintendo 8-bit game, you can play Demon's Souls with no problem.

That was a sweet trailer! I’d be so much more excited if I didn’t think Demon’s Souls was so boring and dull.

The textures look like ass in the screenshots. Hopefully it’s just the screenshots. Still somewhat interested....

epmode

Tricky I Shadow said:
That was a sweet trailer! I’d be so much more excited if I didn’t think Demon’s Souls was so boring and dull.

The textures look like ass in the screenshots. Hopefully it’s just the screenshots. Still somewhat interested....
This post is so schizophrenic.

Eliciel

I was sold when the game got announced for the first time... I just want to play the game. Don't need no marketing just the game. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls whatever just give me the sequel to the best Action RPG I've played for ages.

Tricky I Shadow said:

Dull and boring? Why even bother posting in here?

Top Bottom