• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Since Im pumping points into Int to accompany my Iaito Sword, Im not really sure if I should go Enchanted for better scaling, or Magic for better base damage.

On my character with 50 Int the Enchanted upgrade path is better than the Magic upgrade path on every weapon I've ever compared. Broadly speaking the more Int you take the better the Enchanted path is since it scales more. Unless there's a category of weapons for which the base damage increase on the Magic path over the Enchanted path is particularly large I can't see a lot of reason to ever go Magic+10 over Enchanted+5 since any character contemplating either path is going to be heavily Int-focused and any character that would benefit from the higher base damage from going the Magic route would be better served by opting for a different upgrade path entirely.

I'm about to play the game online for the first time since my account finally was unlocked.

I'm terrified.

Look forward to being able to experience the rush of fighting your first invader soon.

Don't look forward to being able to experience the not-rush of fighting your hundredth invader sometime in the not-as-distant-as-you-may-expect future.

And speaking as someone who does a lot of co-op: if an invader is obviously a backstab glass cannon build, you could do far worse than just putting your back to a wall and putting your shield up while your allies deal with him. Every time I've got an invader on the ropes and the host comes running in to help only to get one-shot backstabbed my heart breaks a little.

2AdEPT

I'm pretty sure that the only really, positively crucial part is that
you kill the bug and get the Sunlight Maggot before you beat the Centipede Demon and enter Lost Izalith
, but I'm not absolutely certain. That set of steps is just what I did when I set out with the intention of
saving Solaire
, and is probably a bit more complex than it entirely needs to be. It did work, though.

after reviewing yours and my own analysis, there are two crucial points:
a.) get sunlight maggot helm first and kill that bug beofre anythign else just to be safe
b.) hire solaire and talk to him after centipede...i think if you go straight through the shortcut without talking to solare he may not be at the kiln.......I bleleive the official guide stated this but could be wrong.

tokkun

Yup. The game could do better with explaining the essentials : co-op, humanity, kindling, leveling, casting magic/pyro etc. Anything more, however, should be left to experimentation.

It drove DSPGaming's Phil mad. That playthrough is lolworthy; because he insists on not using the Internet or other sources of info, he dies several times in so many ways, blaming the game for being "frushtrating". Of course, a normal player would try to play with the controls and see what they did - I know I did that in Firelink with weapons to see how they worked.

His channel...

and the crowning moment:

I would often then watch EpicNameBro's videos to see the contrast. A good guide for melee users.

I'm not sure whether that video was the result of the game not explaining itself or his own inattention. He goes off on lengthy rants about the game spawning an extra Treant in a room (it clearly does not) and the amount of damage the stone knight dealt him in "one hit" (he is actually hit 3 times).

tokkun

after reviewing yours and my own analysis, there are two crucial points:
a.) get sunlight maggot helm first and kill that bug beofre anythign else just to be safe
b.) hire solaire and talk to him after centipede...i think if you go straight through the shortcut without talking to solare he may not be at the kiln.......I bleleive the official guide stated this but could be wrong.

One more thing to add is that you shouldn't kill Bed of Chaos via the shortcut before killing the Demon Centipede, otherwise Solaire will not show up after the Centipede.

sixghost

Haven't seen a summon sign yet, and no one's summoned me. I'm lvl 37 checking around the bonfire in Blighttown, undead parish, firelink.

I hope there aren't network issues with my schools internet.

Sullichin

Haven't seen a summon sign yet, and no one's summoned me. I'm lvl 37 checking around the bonfire in Blighttown, undead parish, firelink.

I hope there aren't network issues with my schools internet.

37 is probably too high to get summoned in parish, you can't get summoned in firelink. Which blighttown bonfire, have you tried the one near the boss?

2AdEPT

One more thing to add is that you shouldn't kill Bed of Chaos via the shortcut before killing the Demon Centipede, otherwise Solaire will not show up after the Centipede.

thanks......so realistically with these three points in mind you could do a lot of searching through izalith lava with no consequence, including the sigermeyer plot.........but that is another story completely!
><
^

2AdEPT

Why would it not let me use it at the bonfire near andre?

becuase at that point you could go to three different worlds, sens, parish or garden. THe game allows one co-op pairing per boss, that's it...although invasions are treated differently and can be multiple, they still adhere to the same area restrictions as summoning. COnnector areas are usually off limits...and will be sealed shut.....you won't be able to quit while PVPing either......no bonfires wioll be accessable to either party. Prettty sure you can't summon for valley of drakes (never really tried though???), but still have not confirmed whether the path to hydra would be open if summoned on the strip between the door to headless lightning demon and the door to the garden (properly the butterfly strip). I know I could drop my soul sign on the path to hydra so I assume you could actually summon help for hydra etc. but not sure if you could do both butterfly and hydra in one swing, assuming you were starting with hydra first.

I love randonmly placed souls signs in the middle of sections.......I always summon when someone goes to the trouble of dropping in weird spots...granted sometimes they are trying to find their friends, but most times its just to be different. Has anyone ever tried the hollow or ash lake??

sixghost

becuase at that point you could go to three different worlds, sens, parish or garden. THe game allows one co-op pairing per boss, that's it. COnnector areas are usually off limits...prettty sure you can't for valley of drakes, but still have not confirmed whether the path to hydra would be open if summoned on the strip between the door to headless lightning demon and the door to the garden (properly the butterfly strip). I know I could drop my soul sign on the path to hydra so I assume you could actually summon help for hydra etc. but not sure if you could do both butterfly and hydra in one swing, assuming you were starting with hydra first.

I guess that's smart. So most of the common summon places are bonfires within areas?

Saya

Yesterday I beat Nito and completed the Tomb of the Giants. Now it's time to upgrade my weapons and armors I think. My character is 40 END, 50 STR, 25 FAITH.

So far I have:

- Zweihander (lightning +5)
- Flamberge (fire +10)
- Claymore (normal +15)
- BK Axe (+5)
- Great Club (divine +10)

I still have 1 titanite slab left, what other weapon should I upgrade to +15? Any suggestions?

I tried using the Greataxe, but I find its reach a bit too short. Not really my playstyle.

Also, what dragon weapon do you guys think is the best for a STR build?

ixix

I guess that's smart. So most of the common summon places are bonfires within areas?

Yeah. Post-patch the summoning hotspot is usually the bonfire nearest to the boss. You might still get summoned throwing it down right next to the boss door, but you'll get way more takers for your sign at a bonfire. The connectivity improvements have made invasions way more common post-patch, to the point where you can't reliably run straight to the boss and nab allies in front of the fog door without being invaded the way you used to, and so people almost always grab a pair of phantoms at the bonfire as soon as they turn human.

At level 37 if you throw your sign down near the Blighttown swamp bonfire you should get summoned within a few minutes.

I know I could drop my soul sign on the path to hydra so I assume you could actually summon help for hydra etc. but not sure if you could do both butterfly and hydra in one swing, assuming you were starting with hydra first.

I've had both happen, namely getting returned to my world after defeating Hydra and in another instance was allowed to stay, but I don't know for which boss because I was an idiot and returned home thinking the game was glitching. Haven't tried again since. I wonder if we could have gone up the ladders?

2AdEPT

right, the most logical places to pick up help are at the start of a level, or in front of boss doors. the hotspots are as follows in order of my own perception of hotness:

1a,) Anor Londo (and painted world)- soul farming, plus reprisal, plus sunlight, plus best boss battle of the series in Orn and Smu. wide variety of SL's..be atleast 30 though.
1.) b.) Kiln - SL60-100 - obviously the classiest area to drop the red stone for straight duels - still enough griefers around to wreck a clean slate of PVP though...help for gwyn, solaire etc.
2.) Darkroot Garden - always tonnes of noobs wearing the Alvina ring ready to assault anyone wandering into the garden - help for Sif. wide variety of SL's
3,) Queelag - owing to fire and pyro being pretty much useless, lots of help is required ...the hotpsot is the bonfire down in the middle of the swamp, as the mildred npc phantom invasion happens just outside the door - extra souls for helpers here ...like 8000 after patch!! - can't remember the last time I waited for a summon more than 5 minutes here at SL 25-45 that is.
4. a.)) Sen's fortress (golem) - lots of fun level wise and tonnes of low level scammers like me trying to get lightning spear at SL 25 etc. so could get all types up to SL50-60 even.
4.b.)) Gaping (which I hear has an recent influx of even more traffic than normal, again becuase of easy prey in the NPC invasion line with Kirk providing the bait, plus an easy boss - and solaire medals.
5.) Obviousy gargoyles in early game but this trails off later...still get the odd NG+ person doign it at SL100.
6.) Capra door -always someone wanting help with Cpara...thinner than above though owing to wide SL's possibly wandering by.
7.) Crystal cave - bonfire before park while still in DUkes....got seaths tail this way, tough on own otherwise.

the rest get a smattering, but not enough to make it a "hotspot" ironically the laval areas are not so hot, but the first bonfire gets a few hits...always had help for firesage.

Zero for stray demon / asylum - not tried valley of drakes, dropped near hydra so assume yes but unconfirmed. NOt sure about havel wearing dude watch tower area.

On my new character today, I literally saw 20 or so summon signs outside the church. My jaw dropped a little bit. It was so ridiculous. I beat the Gargoyles in literally 30 seconds, and could have done it faster if I wasn't farting around and watching my phantoms do their thing

2AdEPT

I've had both happen, namely getting returned to my world after defeating Hydra and in another instance was allowed to stay, but I don't know for which boss because I was an idiot and returned home thinking the game was glitching. Haven't tried again since. I wonder if we could have gone up the ladders?

always something new to try!!!

2AdEPT

right, the most logical places to pick up help are at the start of a level, or in front of boss doors. the hotspots are as follows in order of my own perception of hotness:

1a,) Anor Londo (and painted world)- soul farming, plus reprisal, plus sunlight, plus best boss battle of the series in Orn and Smu. wide variety of SL's..be atleast 30 though.
1.) b.) Kiln - SL60-100 - obviously the classiest area to drop the red stone for straight duels - still enough griefers around to wreck a clean slate of PVP though...help for gwyn, solaire etc.
2.) Darkroot Garden - always tonnes of noobs wearing the Alvina ring ready to assault anyone wandering into the garden - help for Sif. wide variety of SL's
3,) Queelag - owing to fire and pyro being pretty much useless, lots of help is required ...the hotpsot is the bonfire down in the middle of the swamp, as the mildred npc phantom invasion happens just outside the door - extra souls for helpers here ...like 8000 after patch!! - can't remember the last time I waited for a summon more than 5 minutes here at SL 25-45 that is.
4. a.)) Sen's fortress (golem) - lots of fun level wise and tonnes of low level scammers like me trying to get lightning spear at SL 25 etc. so could get all types up to SL50-60 even.
4.b.)) Gaping (which I hear has an recent influx of even more traffic than normal, again becuase of easy prey in the NPC invasion line with Kirk providing the bait, plus an easy boss - and solaire medals.
5.) Obviousy gargoyles in early game but this trails off later...still get the odd NG+ person doign it at SL100.
6.) Capra door -always someone wanting help with Cpara...thinner than above though owing to wide SL's possibly wandering by.
7.) Crystal cave - bonfire before park while still in DUkes....got seaths tail this way, tough on own otherwise.

the rest get a smattering, but not enough to make it a "hotspot" ironically the laval areas are not so hot, but the first bonfire gets a few hits...always had help for firesage.

Zero for stray demon / asylum - not tried valley of drakes, dropped near hydra so assume yes but unconfirmed. NOt sure about havel wearing dude watch tower area.

advice: in order to fully experience PVP stay as low a soul level as possible for as long as possible

^Good stuff, adept. Spot on.

I do want to say I don't think you can go up the ladders now that I think of it bc I know for a fact you can't go up there if invaded in the basin, nor can you drop a summon sign until you get to the cat bridge, so that whole area up there with the waterfall and stuff is one of those "connector areas" you mentioned.

Wool

Yesterday I beat Nito and completed the Tomb of the Giants. Now it's time to upgrade my weapons and armors I think. My character is 40 END, 50 STR, 25 FAITH.

So far I have:

- Zweihander (lightning +5)
- Flamberge (fire +10)
- Claymore (normal +15)
- BK Axe (+5)
- Great Club (divine +10)

I still have 1 titanite slab left, what other weapon should I upgrade to +15? Any suggestions?

I tried using the Greataxe, but I find its reach a bit too short. Not really my playstyle.

Also, what dragon weapon do you guys think is the best for a STR build?

It sounds like your build is almost the exact same as mine. I have 50 strength, 40 faith, 40 endurance. If you get your faith up to 30 you will be able to use the grant, with by far outdoes any other strength build weapon if you have the faith for it. At 40 faith and 50 strength, it does 725 damage one-handed. I think it'll do around 700 at 30. I am not sure how the damage is calculated, but the R2 attack when two-handing is just like wrath of god and regularly does over 900-1000 damage in PVP for me. You get a pretty varied moveset as well, but it is slow.

As far as dragon weapons go, I really liked that dragon king greataxe you get from the gaping dragon and used it until I got the grant. I never tried out the dragon sword though...

sixghost

Well I put my summon sign down in Blighttown for about 15-20 minutes and nothing. How do I do the thing where you switch servers?

Could this just mean my NAT settings are preventing me from being summoned? I'm able to see messages and bloodstains, but I haven't seen a single summon sign when I'm human.

ixix

I've been pondering a Grant build but I've been wondering something about the logistics of it. Can you get it before
placing the Lordvessel
? As I recall it's impossible for real invaders to invade in areas with the golden fog still in place, but I'm not sure about NPC phantoms. The spawn point is before the golden fog, so it's mostly just a question of if he'll actually show up when you make it down there. Anymore I consider an early run to the
Tomb of Giants
to be mandatory on a Faith character anyhow, so going a little further wouldn't hurt as long as I was already down there.

I suppose if it's impossible to get it early it could be kind of fun to get the Demon's Great Hammer and use it as a stop-gap. And then as a tool to acquire Grant.

"Hello Leeroy, I am so glad you could make it to my invitation-only Humongous Hammer Hoedown."

So what gift should I roll with?

Now that the Master Key is purchasable there aren't any gifts that can't be acquired in-game, so you needn't stress about the choice too much in the long-term. The Master Key is still my perennial choice, though there are people who consider it to be a bit of a trap for new players. If you're cool with the fact that it will undoubtedly get you killed I'd take it in a heartbeat. The Tiny Being's Ring has a description that makes it sound awesome, but the description is a bald-faced lie and it is actually completely terrible. The Old Witch's Ring will give you a bit of backstory if you know when to equip it, though it's a rather depressing bit of backstory. I'm not a big fan of any of the consumable gifts, because they're consumable, though of them all the Black Firebombs are probably the best, as they'll let you cheese an early boss of your choice to death.

Edit: Class-wise I'd say Pyromancer is a good choice if you've not got any particular build in mind. Gets the cheapest early levels by starting at Soul Level 1, has a pretty well-rounded set of stats so you can easily develop the character in pretty much any direction once you've got some experience with the game and start getting an idea of what you'd like to focus on, and starts with the Fireball spell as a fallback for when you're feeling overwhelmed. His starting equipment outside of the spell is pretty naff, but that's easily rectified.

ixix

Well I put my summon sign down in Blighttown for about 15-20 minutes and nothing. How do I do the thing where you switch servers?

Could this just mean my NAT settings are preventing me from being summoned? I'm able to see messages and bloodstains, but I haven't seen a single summon sign when I'm human.

Have you beaten the boss in Blighttown already? The lack of getting summoned could just be bad luck, and you won't be seeing any summoning signs if you've killed the boss.

The word is that every time you put your summoning sign down it chooses a new set of players to group you with, so every time you use the White Sign Soapstone you're getting a new set of potential jolly co-operators. I don't know how much it helps, but I occasionally drop a replacement sign just in case.

Knight or Warrior? Read so many different opinions on the Key.

Of the two, I'd take Warrior, if only because his starting Longsword has a better moveset than the Knight's starting Broadsword.

Wool

I've been pondering a Grant build but I've been wondering something about the logistics of it. Can you get it before
placing the Lordvessel
? As I recall it's impossible for real invaders to invade in areas with the golden fog still in place, but I'm not sure about NPC phantoms. The spawn point is before the golden fog, so it's mostly just a question of if he'll actually show up when you make it down there. Anymore I consider an early run to the
Tomb of Giants
to be mandatory on a Faith character anyhow, so going a little further wouldn't hurt as long as I was already down there.

I suppose if it's impossible to get it early it could be kind of fun to get the Demon's Great Hammer and use it as a stop-gap. And then as a tool to acquire Grant.

"Hello Leeroy, I am so glad you could make it to my invitation-only Humongous Hammer Hoedown."

No, you have to have placed the lordvessel for him to show up. I was using the Dragon King Greataxe up until I got it, as I mentioned in my post above, but I knocked him off of the cliff and had to play through the entire game and get to NG+ to get the grant.

I really wouldn't recommend the build if you want to be doing Kiln PVP, as the weapon is so slow. It's a lot of fun to roleplay as Leeroy and invade in the Tomb of Giants though.

ixix

No, you have to have placed the lordvessel for him to show up. I was using the Dragon King Greataxe up until I got it, as I mentioned in my post above, but I knocked him off of the cliff and had to play through the entire game and get to NG+ to get the grant.

I really wouldn't recommend the build if you want to be doing Kiln PVP, as the weapon is so slow. It's a lot of fun to roleplay as Leeroy and invade in the Tomb of Giants though.

Knocking him off the cliff is pretty harsh. Building an entire character around a single weapon and then having an over-exuberant holy warrior carry it straight to the bottom of Ash Lake is a very Dark Souls thing to have happen, though.

I'm not really concerned about PvP. The fact that every character I make inevitably spends half their life as a friendly ghost has made me always aim for every character to have some baseline level of PvP competency, but the idea of making an actual dedicated PvP build interests me not in the slightest.

I'm actually running a Faith character right now that I was planning on having use everything of Leeroy's save Grant, but I'm not too chuffed with him and might start over with an eye towards making a full-blown Leeroy build. I'm going to have to just get over my aversion to having the clunky roll if I do that, I suppose.

shiroryu

Knight or Warrior? Read so many different opinions on the Key.

Warrior is a good all-round choice, with decent armor, weapon, and shield. Not heavily armored enough to shrug off hits, but light enough to do a medium roll. Versatile.

Knight is the walking tank of Dark Souls; hits hard but slow because of the weapon, and isn't particularly nimble, which can suck against bosses and certain areas that need you to run/jump. A good class to start off for beginners as you can get Heal fairly quickly with your higher starting faith, further boosting survivability. Just don't think that armor and high HP will save your ass every time; be prepared to trade it in for lighter armor periodically when you must roll/run or die.

Take the Master Key. Yeah, you can run into areas that you're not prepared for, but you can follow the simple rule of treating doors that unlock with the Master Key as "don't go through unless ready/not carrying souls I'm ready to lose." Having the option is always better. I was kicking myself for not taking the key and going with the Pendant, but fortunately Patch 1.05 has it available for sale.

I'm not sure whether that video was the result of the game not explaining itself or his own inattention. He goes off on lengthy rants about the game spawning an extra Treant in a room (it clearly does not) and the amount of damage the stone knight dealt him in "one hit" (he is actually hit 3 times).

Oh yeah, he is certainly bang-head-against-walls inattentive. The playthrough must be seen in its entirety to appreciate the stupidity; he routinely hits NPCs deliberately, doesn't use shield etc. He doesn't lock on until well into the game( yes, you can play that way and it's definitely the way to go against some bosses and sometimes PvP) and complains about not being able to hit enemies.

The sad thing is that some people see this and think, "oh this game is unfairly difficult! masochist fodder etc. etc."

ixix

Knight looks cooler, but Warrior looks like nice dps.

Their starting damage output is essentially identical. Knight starts with the 82 attack power Broadsword, Warrior starts with the 80 attack power Longsword. The Longsword has a nice, fairly long-range thrust as its strong attack, though, whereas the Broadsword has a less-flexible swing. Knight starts with stronger armor, but can't equip the entire suit without being over 50% of his equip burden, which slows him down considerably. Both have shields with 100% physical damage reduction, which is all that really matters in the early game.

The starting class only determines your starting stats and equipment anyhow. In the long run there's nothing any class can do that any other class can't also do. There's really very little concern about pigeonholing yourself with your choices at character creation.

Wool

Knocking him off the cliff is pretty harsh. Building an entire character around a single weapon and then having an over-exuberant holy warrior carry it straight to the bottom of Ash Lake is a very Dark Souls thing to have happen, though.

I'm not really concerned about PvP. The fact that every character I make inevitably spends half their life as a friendly ghost has made me always aim for every character to have some baseline level of PvP competency, but the idea of making an actual dedicated PvP build interests me not in the slightest.

I'm actually running a Faith character right now that I was planning on having use everything of Leeroy's save Grant, but I'm not too chuffed with him and might start over with an eye towards making a full-blown Leeroy build. I'm going to have to just get over my aversion to having the clunky roll if I do that, I suppose.

That was the single angriest moment of my vidya game playing career, and I posted a rant in this thread immediately after it happened. If you have to wear the paladin armor you would probably have a clunky roll. I did that for effect, but it was not practical at all. I've got:

Grant and darkmoon talisman in the right hand. Iron round shield in the left hand. Mask of the Father, Catarina chest, black knight gauntlets, catarina leggings. Ring of favor and dark wood grain ring.

That puts me at 55.1/110.4 equip load and with the ninja roll. The only big downside is that I have no range attacks whatsoever. At 8 dex the only bow/crossbow I could use that also did decent damage was the heavy crossbow, but that put me over the weight limit so I had to stop using it. I don't even have the drake sword because of this.

Sorry everyone, I will stop posting so much...

malfcn

Okay. Went Warrior and already in epic fight.

One thing that bothers me, is when I boot the game I get some scrambled graphics. Only this game. Xbox. Eh?

ixix

That was the single angriest moment of my vidya game playing career, and I posted a rant in this thread immediately after it happened. If you have to wear the paladin armor you would probably have a clunky roll. I did that for effect, but it was not practical at all. I've got:

Grant and darkmoon talisman in the right hand. Iron round shield in the left hand. Mask of the Father, Catarina chest, black knight gauntlets, catarina leggings. Ring of favor and dark wood grain ring.

That puts me at 55.1/110.4 equip load and with the ninja roll. The only big downside is that I have no range attacks whatsoever. At 8 dex the only bow/crossbow I could use that also did decent damage was the heavy crossbow, but that put me over the weight limit so I had to stop using it. I don't even have the drake sword because of this.

Sorry everyone, I will stop posting so much...

The full set of Leeroy equipment comes out to 60.4 weight, assuming Grant + Sanctus + Paladin Armor + Talisman. 40 Endurance, Havel's Ring, and Ring of Favor and Protection would get you under 50% with that loadout, but you'd be completely without ring slots. 47 Endurance plus Havel's Ring and Dark Wood Grain Ring would put your equip load at 60.4/121.8 with full mobility. Starting as a Cleric you could hit a decent stat spread of:

Vitality 30
Attunement 16
Endurance 47
Strength 34
Faith 30

At level 102. Bringing Strength up to 50 for one-handed Grant swinging brings you up to SL 118 which is fairly reasonable. It'd be a usable build, albeit not a great one.

Maybe it'd be better to satisfy my Paladin Armor fixation with my current Faith character and leave the Grant-wielding for someone who isn't having to do double duty as a faux-Leeroy.

mxgt

Banned
hah, just had my first invasion while exploring the depths, was pretty exciting.

despatched him rather easily and got 7k souls :D

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have a question about the lord vessel. Now that I have it, is it at all possible to
join the Darkwraith covenant and still keep Frampt around
? Or is it a one or the other deal?

Dresden

I have a question about the lord vessel. Now that I have it, is it at all possible to
join the Darkwraith covenant and still keep Frampt around
? Or is it a one or the other deal?

One or the other.

mxgt said:
hah, just had my first invasion while exploring the depths, was pretty exciting.

despatched him rather easily and got 7k souls :D
scripted :p

Dresden

Does anything in the tut matter?

I killed the guy that gave me the flask.
Nope. Just grab what you can and get out of there.
Does it matter which one you do? I guess dealing with Frampt means I can get to
The Duke's Archives earlier
?
The main benefit of joining the Darkwraiths is to invade random people without their consent, so if you're not into that, not much point.

And yeah, you can get to
the Archives earlier, I guess, since there's no need to bypass Frampt.
You can still choose whatever ending you want regardless of who you went with, anyways.

malfcn

Nope. Just grab what you can and get out of there.

Later I gotta be careful of careless killing though, right?

Restarting in the morning. I am too tired. And have died a bunch already. But I am hooked, because so far most of the deaths are making me feel idiotic from mistakes.

Seeing a lot of hints, but no spirits.

Explain how leaderboards work on this game?

I think the requirements for co-op are too strict. I understand why they do it that way, but I also think a more open co-op system would be good fun. Just summon someone at Firelink and explore/rack up souls with them etc. It sucks that once an area is finished you just can't summon there at all.

I suppose that's why you should put down your summon sign after a certain point, but I've only been summoned once, even post-patch.

The co-op part of the game is great, but it's too complicated and doesn't work as well as it should on a technical level.

Insaniac

I think the requirements for co-op are too strict. I understand why they do it that way, but I also think a more open co-op system would be good fun. Just summon someone at Firelink and explore/rack up souls with them etc. It sucks that once an area is finished you just can't summon there at all.

I suppose that's why you should put down your summon sign after a certain point, but I've only been summoned once, even post-patch.

The co-op part of the game is great, but it's too complicated and doesn't work as well as it should on a technical level.

the biggest problem is that the game is fairly open as to where you HAVE to go next to progress, so the level differences vary greatly once you get past sens fortress. Getting summoned up to anor londo isn't too bad if you're level 45 or under, but after that it really slows down due to the split paths you are given to take

MMaRsu

Banned
Guys i need to defeat 4kings before i can join the covenant which gives the red eye orb right? Whats a good place to invade around lvl 70? Right now im mostly using the blue stone in the demon ruins.. Using a lightning iato+3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom