• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any good weapon for a pure INT sorcerer before going to Anor Lando and forging the butterfly spear ?

I'm about to go to the depths and I still have the dagger you start with which kinda sucks.

Yeah I don't think it's even possible to stay in human form in the undead burg when you make a new character.

When I made my guy yesterday I got invaded 3 times by 3 different griefers who wore ridiculous armor that even though I barley did 50 damage of a backstab, it didn't even take away %10 of their health, all that while they flip like crazy because the Dark Forest ring is so cool and they rock +5 lighting latio/Clymore or whatever. Yeah, real cool guy, you just totally owned a SL6 character that hasn't beaten their first boss yet, what a total badass, hope you enjoyed winning the dark souls olympics.

Staying hollow until I get a decent melee weapon since Sorcery is ass online.

/end of rant

scosher

Is there any good weapon for a pure INT sorcerer before going to Anor Lando and forging the butterfly spear ?

I'm about to go to the depths and I still have the dagger you start with which kinda sucks.

Unfortunately, just the Drake Sword. Can 2-hand it with just 11 Str and 10 Dex. However, once you get through Blight-town and have collected enough Green shards, you can create a Magic +5 weapon of your choice, which while doesn't beat out Drake outright, it's comparable, and arguably better for Sen's since those lizards have high phys DEF.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Well, it's not any better on the invading end of things.

I don't like to "grief" really. Sometimes I like to invade people to add a random element to their game and hopefully we both end up entertained by the encounter. I like to do crazy impractical stuff like a full dragon suit with nothing but two Claws so the target might get a laugh out of it. But OH Nooo, every single target has to be larded up with heavy armor and either a lighting Zwei or Claymore and usually has a couple friends with the same exact equipment. Real original guys.

Dresden

Butterfly spear blows.

Just get any random weapon you want and upgrade it to Magic. You can also find a Occult ember early on, along with a blue chunk.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Yeah I don't think it's even possible to stay in human form in the undead burg when you make a new character.

When I made my guy yesterday I got invaded 3 times by 3 different griefers who wore ridiculous armor that even though I barley did 50 damage of a backstab, it didn't even take away %10 of their health, all that while they flip like crazy because the Dark Forest ring is so cool and they rock +5 lighting latio/Clymore or whatever. Yeah, real cool guy, you just totally owned a SL6 character that hasn't beaten their first boss yet, what a total badass, hope you enjoyed winning the dark souls olympics.

/end of rant

Well at least they're marginally better than the guys who invade in the Lower Undead Burg and exploit lag to kill the host before they even spawn. The first time you see that happen is rather confusing.

It's mainly the Soul Arrow line that's pretty useless online. Once you get Homing Soulmass and Soul Spear your online performance should improve quite a bit. White Dragon Breath's nice too if you can get used to aiming it.

Butterfly spear blows.

Just get any random weapon you want and upgrade it to Magic. You can also find a Occult ember early on, along with a blue chunk.

Moonlight Butterfly Horn seems to be growing in popularity. It's not all that uncommon for me to see people using it while doing co-op anymore. It's got the reach of a Pike with lower stat requirements, and for the most part people I see using it perform pretty well. It's really popular in
the Painted World
because the reach makes it easy to kill the guys with toxic blood without getting any on you.

Unfortunately, just the Drake Sword. Can 2-hand it with just 11 Str and 10 Dex. However, once you get through Blight-town and have collected enough Green shards, you can create a Magic +5 weapon of your choice, which while doesn't beat out Drake outright, it's comparable, and arguably better for Sen's since those lizards have high phys DEF.
I made it a personal goal to not use the drake sword this time.

Sen should be manageable, Blighttown however, is gonna be a nightmare

Butterfly spear blows.

It's the best option since I'm not exactly swimming in Green shards and Blue Titanite chunks.

The long term plan is to have a +5 Enchanted weapon (haven't decided on what kind yet but it will be something that gives me an A in INT scaling) and the Moonlight greatsword.

/end of rant

I'm trying to invade THOSE guys on your behalf.. can't get em all though...

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
It's really popular in
the Painted World
because the reach makes it easy to kill the guys with toxic blood without getting any on you.

Did they remove that in the patch? They never spray me anymore.

Well at least they're marginally better than the guys who invade in the Lower Undead Burg and exploit lag to kill the host before they even spawn. The first time you see that happen is rather confusing.

It's mainly the Soul Arrow line that's pretty useless online. Once you get Homing Soulmass and Soul Spear your online performance should improve quite a bit. White Dragon Breath's nice too if you can get used to aiming it.

Moonlight Butterfly Horn seems to be growing in popularity. It's not all that uncommon for me to see people using it while doing co-op anymore. It's got the reach of a Pike with lower stat requirements, and for the most part people I see using it perform pretty well. It's really popular in
the Painted World

Yeah, when I saved Griggs, I thought the guy would have some cool shit, instead I got treated to his collection of 307 Soul Arrow variants "oh so this one comes with cheddar cheese while the other one comes with american cheese huh ?"

I guess I'm gonna have to ride it out until I save Logan or see if I'm up to beat the hydra to have the other witch sell me some spells, although without any reliable melee weapon I don't see how I can do that.

The Moonlight Butterfly Horn seems the most logical choice at the moment tbh, unless I missed something, there's no way to get enough Green/Blue titante to get yourself a decent weapon at where I'm at right now and I refuse to even go the Magic upgrade route unless you go for Enchantment. C scaling on an already low base damage weapon seems rather worthless tbh, so I never see the point of going +10 Magic over +5 Enchantment for example.

I'm trying to invade THOSE guys on your behalf.. can't get em all though...

You're doing the lords work

Even though I hate the Drakmoon covenant since your boss is kinda of an ass and I enjoy killing those blue phantom bastards, but carry on killing the lowest of lows in this realm.

Show no mercy show no regret

Nope, I got poisoned last time I went there and that was after the patch

ixix

I've been doing a bunch of co-op there lately and they definitely still toxify. I'm a total miser when it comes to using consumable items so if I accidentally get hit by it I just let the toxin run its course rather than use a Blooming Purple Moss Clump. I've got Heal and Replenishment, I can tank it. Sometimes the host drops some Blooming Moss for me and I feel kind of bad because it's not that I don't have any, it's that I don't want to use it.

On the other hand, hey, free moss.

I make it my business to kill these types of guys. My brother was thinking of making a totally overpowered Lightning weapon/maxed armor low level character too...then making him a Sunbro and going around helping new people and killing griefers. XD

malfcn

What the fuck. As I was fully healing I take a hit and die. That was bogus. There goes 5 humanity and 10,000 souls. I am playing carefully, so this was a bullshit death.

Apparently, my Estus got changed to a Large Soul. *stewing*

Okay, what is with hitting the Estus button and nothing happen when you have plenty of uses.

I don't even know how I got 5 humanity.

ixix

Yeah, when I saved Griggs, I thought the guy would have some cool shit, instead I got treated to his collection of 307 Soul Arrow variants "oh so this one comes with cheddar cheese while the other one comes with american cheese huh ?"

I guess I'm gonna have to ride it out until I save Logan or see if I'm up to beat the hydra to have the other witch sell me some spells, although without any reliable melee weapon I don't see how I can do that.

The Moonlight Butterfly Horn seems the most logical choice at the moment tbh, unless I missed something, there's no way to get enough Green/Blue titante to get yourself a decent weapon at where I'm at right now and I refuse to even go the Magic upgrade route unless you go for Enchantment. C scaling on an already low base damage weapon seems rather worthless tbh, so I never see the point of going +10 Magic over +5 Enchantment for example.

I think that pretty much the best weapon you can put together pre-Sen's is a +2 Chaos weapon or a +7 Fire weapon. Both Embers are readily available as soon as you finish Blighttown, though Chaos is a fair bit easier to get your hands on, and there are 3 Red Titanite Chunks that are fairly easy to get. Since both upgrade paths don't scale with stats they're ideal for an early-game character.

I've started budgeting time for an early Catacombs run for every character I make to put together a Chaos weapon, nab the Rite of Kindling, and for Faith characters to
rescue Rhea from the Tomb of Giants
. Once you've opened all the doors and rotated all the bridges the Catacombs take all of two minutes to traverse, so it's not like you really have to go all the way through again for your return trip later in the game. You even get one of the Masks to use early on, any of which are quite handy for a low-level character.

What the fuck. As I was fully healing I take a hit and die. That was bogus. There goes 5 humanity and 10,000 souls. I am playing carefully, so this was a bullshit death.

Apparently, my Estus got changed to a Large Soul. *stewing*

Okay, what is with hitting the Estus button and nothing happen when you have plenty of uses.

I don't even know how I got 5 humanity.

There is sometimes a bit of lag when you hit the button for Estus flasks.
Also if you accidentally hit it twice, you will automatically consume it twice.

You get Humanity from enemy drops, from finding them as items or you get them from people in your server lighting bonfires or recommending you messages as you are playing.

ixix

Why did my game just say disasters are gone after defeating gravelord servant?

A player that's a member of the Gravelord Servant Covenant used an Eye of Death, cursed your world and those of two other players, then got killed somehow. The Gravelord Covenant is pretty much a mess, and those messages are the only way most players ever interact with it.

Theoretically, if you had rested at a bonfire in the time between when you were cursed and when the servant was killed you would have seen the effects of the curse in the form of highly aggressive dark spirit versions of enemies with boosted stats. There also would have been a sign similar to a summoning sign that, if you had found and touched it, would have allowed you to invade the world of the Gravelord Servant.

The short answer is just don't worry about it. I've racked up somewhere in the vicinity of 300 hours in Dark Souls and I have never, not once, actually experienced a successful Gravelord curse. It's at the point where I wish I could get one just for the novelty of it.

malfcn

I am getting tired of this game. Clunky controls. Feels great when things go well. But when I mash out buttons and watch them come out 5 seconds later feels bad. And losing shit tons of humanity and souls due to stupid stuff. Why did I jump left when I am pointing right? (Went off a cliff, and no targeting). Tired of the Undead Burg.

Fuck the dragon. And fuck this game for moving my recovery point. If I die next to some stairs, don't move it in the middle of fire.

MMaRsu

Banned
A player that's a member of the Gravelord Servant Covenant used an Eye of Death, cursed your world and those of two other players, then got killed somehow. The Gravelord Covenant is pretty much a mess, and those messages are the only way most players ever interact with it.

Theoretically, if you had rested at a bonfire in the time between when you were cursed and when the servant was killed you would have seen the effects of the curse in the form of highly aggressive dark spirit versions of enemies with boosted stats. There also would have been a sign similar to a summoning sign that, if you had found and touched it, would have allowed you to invade the world of the Gravelord Servant.

The short answer is just don't worry about it. I've racked up somewhere in the vicinity of 300 hours in Dark Souls and I have never, not once, actually experienced a successful Gravelord curse. It's at the point where I wish I could get one just for the novelty of it.
Well what happened was that message popped up after i killed some guy with my blue invasion stone :)

I am getting tired of this game. Clunky controls. Feels great when things go well. But when I mash out buttons and watch them come out 5 seconds later feels bad. And losing shit tons of humanity and souls due to stupid stuff. Why did I jump left when I am pointing right? (Went off a cliff, and no targeting). Tired of the Undead Burg.

Fuck the dragon. And fuck this game for moving my recovery point. If I die next to some stairs, don't move it in the middle of fire.

Somewhere around Undead Parish or slightly after is when the game clicked for me. It opens up more and you can get a lot more weapons and armor to make killing things pretty easy.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

The attacks queue up, so don't mash!

malfcn

I did kick the ladder down. The spots move from time to time on me.
I seriously could get to the spot I am at, in the amount of time I have been stuck here.

Don't want to say it is a bad game, because I am enjoying it. But considering how badly I have started it is frustrating. I am near the parish at level 10, because something stupid happens and I die. I laugh when it is my fault, because I recognize the mistake. But when an enemy jumps in the air, I dodge and he changes course mid air, that frustrates the piss out of me. Instead of having 100k souls and 20 humanity, I have close to zero for both.

I seriously could get to the spot I am at, in the amount of time I have been stuck here.

Don't want to say it is a bad game, because I am enjoying it. But considering how badly I have started it is frustrating. I am near the parish at level 10, because something stupid happens and I die. I laugh when it is my fault, because I recognize the mistake. But when an enemy jumps in the air, I dodge and he changes course mid air, that frustrates the piss out of me. Instead of having 100k souls and 20 humanity, I have close to zero for both.

Where did you get all of this? Might as well have used to to level up and not worry about losing it all.

malfcn

Collectively. When you play the same area for 4 hours. Right now, rats (sadly) are owning me.

And again, lost humanity and 6k souls because of some bull. I have the will power to sit through this torture. Today I have nothing better to do. Bring it on I suppose.

2AdEPT

Thanks. I guess walking around the world with a friend is out of the question? Still want the game. Should I get demon's first? Or has that game's time past?

Don't get me wrong..if you really enjoy being with people you know as much as I do you will put in the effort to make it happen...just don't expect it to be easy every time because that has not been my experience. I think I over reported the frustration as I am usully the only one of the two parties that knows what is going on and have to explain everything via message....if you figure it out and the other person knows what to do it is an awesome team game. SOmeone recently posted that they were invading and got outsmarted by a tandem that obviusly knew what they were doing, one guy blocked the incoming arrows of the archers in Anor Londo with his shield, while the other sniped them back...had to be pretty tight on a ledge almost superimposed I think for it to work, but genius all the same, and obviously required messaging. Many of the "friends" I enjoy playing with are simply people I already met throught the game....don't know them from adam or eve...still fun.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Actually killed someone I invaded as a Darkmoon.

I can die a happy man now.

malfcn

So, if you die next to a bonfire you can't recover?
I got poisoned (again), and figured I should just run back to a bonfire. I died, and then there was no greenie for me. :(

Just learned that it would have cured me. *shakes fist*

The 100k/20 is probably a gross over estimation. Before the game turned on me, I had over 10k and 5-6 humanity. That was hours ago, so I am sure I exaggerated.
And I guess I didn't spend because I misunderstood some of the game mechanics. Plus I am always indecisive. I beat Deus Ex with extra praxis points, and that was even after I spend a ton for the fun of it.

Found my recovery. So I died next to the bonfire below the parish. My recovery was up the ladder, up some stairs and around a corner. Eh?

Sullichin

When you die, you always respawn at the last bonfire you rested at, with your estus and magic refilled.

The first few areas are a huge learning curve. The game doesn't get easier per say, but you might experience less frustrating deaths once you have a better understanding of the controls and what the game expects of you. The game can be incredibly frustrating at first, but keep playing and I think you'd find that the controls are more consistent than you originally thought.

Most enemies have tracking, and will change direction in mid air / mid attack at least slightly. but if you have your shield up and are locked on, you will block it. If you are locked on and roll away at the right time, you can evade it. It's possible to do these techniques without locking on, but it's usually more difficult.

Edit - Saw
Collectively. When you play the same area for 4 hours. Right now, rats (sadly) are owning me.

that makes more sense, removed some of my original comments.

Dresden

If it's your first time playing, you should be spending the souls as you get them on stuff like levels and weapon upgrades. Risk/reward and all that.

Also mashing is bad.

2AdEPT

the Painted World

Is the pike or horn even half as long as the Demon Spear? It's by far my new favourite toy! FIrst time ever going through the darkwraiths without crystal ring shield and not dying once.....could be my improved play over time and knowing their attacks, but the reach is ridiculous actually, you can stand at hte bottom of the steps to the final area before the fog door and nail ghosts and wraiths pretty close to the steps..even those attacks they stretch out go over your head. THis weapon is ok now at SL 60 wait til the stat bonuses actually mature!?? Killed 4 kings with it where last time I used the regular lightnign spear...pretty mych same damage but longer reach, plus the "DUcking" motion of the R2 lunge attack can be used as a defensive move vs arrows and higher lateral swings from swords...then BAM, they get knocked on their ass (lower poise things anyway) and electrocuted at the same time.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

And again, lost humanity and 6k souls because of some bull. I have the will power to sit through this torture. Today I have nothing better to do. Bring it on I suppose.

You need to change your perspective or you will continue to be frustrated. For starters, it's not necessary to have a ton of humanity active. It increases drop rates, but you can get all the stuff you want one way or another without it. Use humanity when you want to kindle a bonfire or summon help. You don't need to use it for anything else if you're worried about losing it by dying.

Secondly, manage your souls in a way that lets you avoid frustration. When you have a lot and you're about to enter a new/unfamiliar/dangerous area, try to spend them on something useful before you go there. There's no better feeling than having nothing to lose. Separate your soul gaining from your exploration and item-finding. Treat any souls you've gathered while exploring as tentative.

This game, unlike any other I've played, forces you to change the way you think about progress and loss if you're going to really enjoy it.

I got poisoned (again), and figured I should just run back to a bonfire. I died, and then there was no greenie for me. :(

The 100k/20 is probably a gross over estimation. Before the game turned on me, I had over 10k and 5-6 humanity. That was hours ago, so I am sure I exaggerated.

Found my recovery. So I died next to the bonfire below the parish. My recovery was up the ladder, up some stairs and around a corner. Eh?

You can recover no matter where you die. As long as you don't die again.

The recovery stain shows up wherever you were several seconds before death. That way it's not definitely sitting under the nose of something that killed you. Of course, because you'll move around a lot during a protracted battle, it could end up in a very bad spot anyway. If you fall, it appears at the last safe, stable surface you were on.

So, I just started DS.

I chose a warrior and master key based on GAF advice. I spent alot of time trying to make my character super attractive, only to discover you start the game
as an undead
. lol. I made it to this giant, club wielding demon, but escaped. Was that ok?

Also, hope you guys dont mind, but Im gonna be posting here alot.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

That sounds unfortunate. Every time I've lured an enemy back to a bonfire and died, my stain would always appear next to the bonfire. Maybe it would be where you got poisoned (need someone to confirm).

And I guess no one appreciated the thread title suggestion? The L.A. Noire/Batman ones made me chuckle, so I threw it out there...

Personally, I liked the "OH GOD ANDRE MY EMBERS" one from earlier, but it would sail over the heads of anyone who hadn't played the game.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So, I just started DS.

I chose a warrior and master key based on GAF advice. I spent alot of time trying to make my character super attractive, only to discover you start the game
as an undead

I spent 20 minutes trying to make my guy look like Leon Kennedy, with much success. Then I played 99% of the game as a hollow. Also with a full helmet.

Escaping is the correct thing to do at that point.

malfcn

I will try to change the way I hoard. That should minimize frustrations. :)

Even though I just died after recovery (hit the button 5 times on the spot)

So, I just started DS.

as an undead

Yes, you should have escaped but you're going to have to fight it no matter what. It's the boss for this area.

Yes, you should have escaped but you're going to have to fight it no matter what. It's the boss for this area.

Well, I just found a shield and long sword. Then met the
dying warrior inside the wall after that boulder rolls down the stairs and breaks the wall.
. Game seems alot more atmospheric than what I played of Demons Souls.

23506106_m.png

lol.

Wool

I think everybody's happy to see anyone new posting since the thread got moved to community. That really killed activity.

Maybe I am late to the party, but I've been using this iron round shield for a bit now and it is amazing. I was an Eagle shield person for well over 100 hours, but this deflection is pretty great.

Is there an OT4 coming?

I finally beat Gwyn. My god. I haven't really played since my last post, I spent 2 nights trying to summon people. I found one person and the summon failed. lol

So today after COD raging I decided to try Dark Souls... yeah that makes sense. Load my save right in front of his door, cast great magic shield, right after going in I used Homing Crystal Soul Mass. Then it began, I charged in head long and something inside me said, roll at an angle just before he hits you. So I did. He missed me completely and I bolted for a fucking stone pillar with every ounce of what little composure I had left after that miracle. Then it was a dance around the pillar, and I had some huge close calls. But I fucking did it. Killed that mofo dead.

I still feel the same way about the boss even after taking a bit of a break from the game and killing him in one go. However, in a way he's the perfect last boss for the game.
The game takes all of your expectations on difficulty, how bosses act, hell they even ditch the little intro cinema, it's just like... this is Dark Souls, you have a challenge, you must overcome it. Go.

Back to action. I am probably 10-15 levels lower than I should be, but fuck it.

Bring your levels up. You can farm the bridge Hallows for 555 souls a run and get to where you need to be fairly quickly. The difficulty jumps WAY up at Blighttown (The Depths is a fairly small level despite it's confusing geography) and you really don't want to be underleveled there.

EDIT: alternatively, help out with the Gargoyles/Capra.

2AdEPT

/end of rant

I don't even go to the undead burg for new characters....my whole thing is the master key and acquiring the lightning spear and gold hemmed set as early as possible. I usually get the winged spear and suffer with less damage until then, no need for drake. THe winged spear uses more swings but when ducked behind a shield you can still attack...I usually use the wooden shield right off so that I can run by the drakes and get hit once without dying, plus it is reasonable for overal physical block if not 100%. THen i get to the grass shield, wolf ring, and grab moss and the rest is history. here is a "recommended order" for noobs or vets alike....I have been lambasted becuase this is not, " the recommended route" -----think about the logic of there actually being "A" recommended route in a gmae that professes to be "wide open" before you reply with hate mail...... (please note there are spoilers, if you want to figure all this out for yourself do not read the spoilers below):

for all of this to work, ensure you are <25% burden even with starting gear...take off the helm and gloves, whatever it takes to stay under...and take the master key as gift!!!!!!! to make it easier go pyro but this is not necessary.

1.) Firelink - > acquire all the loot first by
going up stairs near to the right when facing the tree, jumping (rolling) off ledge up near the elevators directly onto the partition between the roofed area where Petrus the cleric is and the path further to the right of the stairs; drop down near chests....there are homeward bones and all kinds of goodies...but the homeward bones are the real prize at seconds into your first visit to firelink. Grab the zweihander and Winged spear from the graveyard ...experienced people can run in a circle and get everything while dodging the whole mess of skellies, but even inexperienced people should be able to do it in two or three runs.....you got no souls yet...whats the big deal if you die? uSe one of your homeward bones if you must not die there as a noob.

2.)BUrg: get
wooden shield
from burg then return to firelink.

THere are other things to get at the vendor for neurotics like bow (not necessary) repair resin, etc. but I have never used a weapon long enough in early game to really need to repair it...I avoid a lot of contact in early game anyway. Get firebombs if you must. Get the
residence key
for later if you have enough souls, but don't bother if you don't. OPtional is to go further in to burg to get pine resin for adding lightning to your weapons, but you will need the residence key for that. Going all the way to the solaire hangout is also optional, and killingthe black night for experienced vets nets extra souls, but inefficient use of your time as you will not use the summon stone until you come in the back way with this method anyway...and wrecks my route, which was to largely avoid the burg and the dragon in particular.......plus its better to save knights for when you get the increased drop rate much later in sens,,,,...you trip the dragon spawn by going to vendor and woodedn shield, otherwise he won't show if you go backdoor (which is beneficial if you think about it). I think it is worth it for the wooden shield although there are are alternatives like the smaller wood green ?cadeus? shield which also has high lightning resist...most poeple including myself miss this shield in the graveyard/firelink ...can't remember where it is ( guess up stairs near crow to left or in graveyard middle left?) although I know it is inferior to wooden so don't bother.

3,) go below to make way to darkroot via valley of drakes:

you take the stairs near the warrior at bonfire down to elevator, get down more stairs after, then turn right and go in the next archway up some stairs to valley of drakes/new londo gate....it is locked if you have no master key and you will need to enter blighttown to get the regular key for that gate. go accross a bridge, and if you feel the need for souls, you can spritn by the three ogres in the cave there, sit on the stairs at the end of a ramp and watch them fall off the ledge one at a time..theyy swing and hit occasionally as you go by them, but not usually. they are worth 500 souls each after patch so well worth it for a little early game vitality level boosting, but I Can't be bothered to go back to firelink to reset more than once 3000 souls is enough for me there. BUt you are not ready to go down to blighttown yet...go back the way you came and continue down the path...you will cross a bridge and then see a big old dragon...he won't attack until you get the items under his mouth. get the items fast and continue down path...to be honest I still die there 50% of the time, but because your recovery stain is steps back from there you can retrieve it each attempt...although the dragon will start spraying you with phyiscally damaging and poisony breath if you don't just run by at fuill speed upon subsequnet visits...you can kill it with arrows..totally unnecessary and not worth the time at this point...remember my goal here is to get those bells rung ASAP!

continue past the next two lightning firing drakes... admittedly this is the tougherst part of this deal...probably died 5 times dodge rolling to the right or left ...then tried just running straight through with wooden shield up...got hit by lightnign and survived, second drake didn't even notice me til I was past him to the right and up a small knoll and into cover behind a wall...there is a door to an elevator and bonfire there to darkroot basin. Item to the left accross bredigfe with multiple drakes not worth it at this point but regardless grimfaced death awaits before even getting there...if you must, go back after getting the bonfire on the right FIRST.

4.) basin - first thing you encounter here is more stress in a
black knight,
but you can run by and get
grass shield and suicide if you do not want to kill him too early for a better chance at his drops later. Just run down to the right after cave for shield, (it boosts stamina recovery so is useful right away and will carry you throught the game for bossess like 4 kings etc.) then run back by the knight. I fought him last time and beat him using the same startegy i use with the lightning spear, it just took longer, and was less forgiving when I got hit (two shots and dead.)
BUt there is a bonfire right there so no worries all around.

next go up the path and ensure you kill the
crystal lizard
about half way up the windy path...I beleive just beofre you get there, you will see an item on a partition ledge, it is a
host of armour, a long bow and arrows.

edit: sorry got to go - will edit post in an hour or so for the finale!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom