• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders 2 new info! [one month away from release]

Sid

I have to buy the PS3 version because thats the console I have but I played the first on the 360 and yeah it was bad.

I hope this one has no tearing in the PS3 like the first.

I played it on pc but from what i've heard the ps3 version was the best console version as it had no tearing

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I bought Darksiders 1 for 5€ or so on steam when it was on sale. Played for an hour or so and got bored. I gave it another try and holy shit do i have a blast with this game. Just defeated Tiamat. So good.

I don't know wtf was wrong with me but now i freaking love it. Man now i'm even more excited for Darksiders 2.

If you plan on getting D1 or D2 on PC i highly recommend a controller. (best Xbox 360). It's so much better. Normally i play everything with mouse and keyboard but for this game a controller is a must i'd say.

Maffis

I bought Darksiders 1 for 5€ or so on steam when it was on sale. Played for an hour or so and got bored. I gave it another try and holy shit do i have a blast with this game. Just defeated Tiamat. So good.

I don't know wtf was wrong with me but now i freaking love it. Man now i'm even more excited for Darksiders 2.

If you plan on getting D1 or D2 on PC i highly recommend a controller. (best Xbox 360). It's so much better. Normally i play everything with mouse and keyboard but for this game a controller is a must i'd say.

Alot of people have felt the same way. The begining is poorly designed. It's basically just straight forward combat, but you have no special moves or weapons so it gets stale quick. The game begins in the Cathedral.

Raptor

I played it on pc but from what i've heard the ps3 version was the best console version as it had no tearing

Let's hope you are right, Tearing is the only thing I can't stand, I can deal with slowdown, bad textures, whatever else you can name but not tearing, gives a headache.

scitek

Thank fuck, for anyone like me that missed the deal earlier:

GreenManGaming's Facebook said:
Darksiders 2 is 25% off with code CROSS-OVERA-LREDY from 1100 UTC August 5th until 1100 UTC August 6th.

Yu Narukami

For those of you from Europe who don't want to wait until the 21st, the First Edition is released in Germany on the 17th. But I still don't know if it has English text.

Maffis

For those of you from Europe who don't want to wait until the 21st, the First Edition is released in Germany on the 17th. But I still don't know if it has English text.

Does it matter when the game is Steamworks and steam says it releases the 21st on European accounts?

Bought the game on GMG which still says that the release date is 14th, my Steam is saying 17th

pOqXD.png

while the rest of Europe has an unlock date of the 21st.

What the hell is going on?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Bought the game on GMG which still says that the release date is 14th, my Steam is saying 17th

pOqXD.png

I'm from EU and steam says august 17th for me.

Carlisle

God damn. I was so steeled to hold off until the winter sale or something later... but then I came in this thread that's splooging with hype... I knew absolutely nothing about DS2, just the fact that it's a sequel to Darksiders was enough to buy (eventually) for me, but now I'm seeing screens and reading the improvements for the first time, and HOLY SHIT.

And now 25% off to boot?! Ugghhh man is this hard to resist.

Edit: Bought. LETS DO THIS

Ads alert!
*snip*

Wow, those are really awesome!

What city was this in?

Darksiders II will be the second only game I have ever day1'd lol. Skyrim was the first, and I plan to hit the ground running at 12 PST when its unlocked on the 14th.

(its Pacific time for unlocking right?)

KooPaL

Wow, those are really awesome!

What city was this in?

Darksiders II will be the second only game I have ever day1'd lol. Skyrim was the first, and I plan to hit the ground running at 12 PST when its unlocked on the 14th.

(its Pacific time for unlocking right?)

One of them looks like NYC looking at the Sabrett Hotdog carts :). I am so ready for this game, I need some good action game in my veins!

hlhbk

First time playing through Darksiders waiting for DS2 to be released. Wow I just got going in the cathedral in Darksiders 1 and its like a completely different game! It just keeps getting better!

tragic

Developer
Magic points don't recover over time? Well, that makes going Necromancer pointless.

You can get Wrath back from hitting stuff! Also, potions. Addtionally, some Wrath abilities cause increased regen for periods of time. You shouldn't ever be magic-starved.

S1kkZ

No way this is anything other than the PC version.

yeah. the guy that played it (and recorded the footage) was the one who said that the game runs super smooth, while the other preview from a german site mentioned a very low framerate.

edit: the guy from the other preview said (in the forums) he played the full preview on 360 (very low framerate, doesnt mention tearing) and the pc version for a few minutes (very smooth).

BY2K

Membero Americo
Low framerate... Sure, 30 FPS is not ideal, but it's acceptable on consoles.

Unless he meant it goes down often.

S1kkZ

Low framerate... Sure, 30 FPS is not ideal, but it's acceptable on consoles.

Unless he meant it goes down often.

no, he meant sub 30. he mentioned that death sometimes feels slow and clunky/not as agile as he should because of the framerate.

Derrick01

Banned

I would just go off what Steam says. GMG can say 14th all they want but if your area says 17th then their key/download isn't going to work until Steam unlocks and that goes off their own timer.

DieH@rd

Banned
there is world exclusive footage in a german gaming show, beware of spoilers (shows a boss battle in a sidequest).

http://www.gameswelt.tv/29512/insert-coin/sendung-126.html
darksiders footage starts at 28:30.

the gameplay has zero tearing and seems to run much better than in any other gameplay video so far. it shows the 360 buttons, so its either pc or 360.

Hesus Cristos! I saw only first 15 seconds of that footage, and it looks glorious. This is PC footage 100%. Can you people imagine this sequence with the Unreal4 particle system? My mind would melt!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dD9CPqSKjTU#t=79s

NEXTGEN needs to come sooner, and DS3 needs to be made!

Megasoum

Banned
I would just go off what Steam says. GMG can say 14th all they want but if your area says 17th then their key/download isn't going to work until Steam unlocks and that goes off their own timer.

Yeah GMG will generally put the Europe date on the website no matter where you buy it from. Don't worry, you will get it on release day for your region.

there is world exclusive footage in a german gaming show, beware of spoilers (shows a boss battle in a sidequest).

http://www.gameswelt.tv/29512/insert-coin/sendung-126.html
darksiders footage starts at 28:30.

the gameplay has zero tearing and seems to run much better than in any other gameplay video so far. it shows the 360 buttons, so its either pc or 360.

This is great...
It reminds me of WoW a bit with the dragon in the middle of the volcano and the fact that you have to "pull" the boss to start the fight. And you know....it's the best RPG since WoW so it fits...lol

DieH@rd

Banned
I hope the pc version will have no shadow or texture pop-ins or they can be disabled somehow

He will be able to change both ingame visual options, and to tweak INI files if we really want to puch the graphics to the max.

Hopefully my Radeon 6870 will be enough for high-end 1080p gameplay.

DieH@rd

Banned
don't worry even if THQ dies, EA will pick it and then DS3 will get Bioware'd

:(

Both Vigil and Darksiders IP are owned by THQ. If THQ dies, who knows what will happen.

In the most extreme case, Vigil will reform itself under a different name and start making game set in a Battle Chasers universe. And that would be glorious. BC universe is epic.

Top Bottom