• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders 2 Wii U: It took all of five minutes and two lines of code, and boom!

FreeMufasa

I hope this means we get a lot of double/triple packs (at a low) from games this gen.

I've missed quite a few blockbuster games this gen but I wouldn't mind getting a Wii U collection of say

Assassin's Creed (1, 2 3)
Fallout (3,4)
Bioshock (1, 2, 3)
Crysis (1,2)

etc.

If it's trolling to be horrified that people would associate one of the most well known quotes in gaming with a terrible series like MGS then I guess I'm a troll.

Varjet

jim-jam bongs said:
If it's trolling to be horrified that people would associate one of the most well known quotes in gaming with a terrible series like MGS then I guess I'm a troll.
Trolls have changed.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
jim-jam bongs said:

I think they were posting Snake pics, cause in MGS4 he says the opposite, that "war HAS changed". It's a joke/reference that seems to pop up whenever either quote is mentioned.

PS - I agree with you on almost everything but I love me some MSG ;_;

What the fuck, people, the MGS4 quote is 'War has changed'

CHRIST

/agressive-but-necessary-nerdery

edit: oh if it's a swap meme that's still dumb but whatever

thuway

I would pay dearly for a similar priced high end device for the 720 / PS4. Atleast get the Vita using the same display tech.

markot

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
It's a me! Super Solid Snake! Yahoo!

Poyunch

Green Scar said:
What the fuck, people, the MGS4 quote is 'War has changed'

CHRIST

/agressive-but-necessary-nerdery

edit: oh if it's a swap meme that's still dumb but whatever
fzuSN.jpg

Snuggler said:
I think they were posting Snake pics, cause in MGS4 he says the opposite, that "war HAS changed". It's a joke/reference that seems to pop up whenever either quote is mentioned.

PS - I agree with you on almost everything but I love me some MSG ;_;
Yeah I get that. I was just sad that nobody posted a BOS guy in full power armour or anything, it was just non-stop Snake and then indirect memes related to Metal Gear.

And I like MSG too! It's the secret of good Chinese food.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
jim-jam bongs said:
Yeah I get that. I was just sad that nobody posted a BOS guy in full power armour or anything, it was just non-stop Snake and then indirect memes related to Metal Gear.

Don't worry, I know that Bethesda deserve credit for that line!

Gaborn

man, good info but these tiny tidbits are just brutal. I want to SEE the games. The new games that is, not the ports. Feel sooooooooooooo information starved.

orioto

Good Art™
Zoramon089 said:
How is more options a problem?

Don't you see ?
It's a problem if those options are opposed to each other...

What if Nintendo market the possibility to play without a tv. They'll have to ask dev to allow this possibility... It means they won't be able to do a game that uses fully a dual screen, for example..

You can't market a console by saying it does that, and does this, when those two things are not compatible with each other...

orioto said:
Don't you see ?
It's a problem if those options are opposed to each other...

What if Nintendo market the possibility to play without a tv. They'll have to ask dev to allow this possibility... It means they won't be able to do a game that uses fully a dual screen, for example..

You can't market a console by saying it does that, and does this, when those two things are not compatible with each other...
They haven't done this though. They have said devs could use it however they like...second screen menu, full streaming game, hot buttons, whatever they choose. They could easily just put a marker on the box that states "full game streaming" like they do with their current controller options. I don't think it will be much of a problem.

1-D_FTW

thuway said:
I would pay dearly for a similar priced high end device for the 720 / PS4. Atleast get the Vita using the same display tech.

You mean streaming tech. Because the Vita's display ravages the WiiU. Not only is it higher resolution, it's OLED. Too many people still don't appreciate the dark reign of LCD is finally closing to an end. All hail OLED's belated arrival.

Mpl90 said:
After Alberto's post, thread surely changed.

I can't help but feel partly responsible, but in my defence there isn't much to discuss. Nobody has even pointed out that the Darksiders guy is only talking about porting it to use the controller, not porting it to the Wii U itself.

The_Technomancer said:
If all they were doing was routing the display to the tablet instead of the video out then yeah, I could see it being one or two lines.
Which they were, and have described before. But hey, that would make a boring thread title.

jim-jam bongs said:
I can't help but feel partly responsible, but in my defence there isn't much to discuss. Nobody has even pointed out that the Darksiders guy is only talking about porting it to use the controller, not porting it to the Wii U itself.

they already talked about porting it to the wiiU back at E3

if you read the new article they even say they ported it to the wiiU first without worrying about the controller

"Our one and only goal once we got the Wii U hardware was to get Darksiders II running on it. We didn't even have running the game on the touch screen on our 'to do' list. but once we got it running, we just fooled around with getting it on the touch screen as a lark. It took all of five minutes and two lines of code, and boom! - there was the entire game running on the controller. Amazing."

plus the wiiu controller is part of the wiiU

it's not like they are separate consoles that run independent of each other.
the wiiU controller NEEDS the wiiU console in order to function

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Graphics Horse said:
Which they were, and have described before. But hey, that would make a boring thread title.
No yeah, I know, even in this article that's what they say. I was saying that what they've done (route it to a different screen) was well within the realm of two lines.

FlashbladeGAF said:
they already talked about porting it to the wiiU back at E3

if you read the new article they even say they ported it to the wiiU first without worrying about the controller

I'm aware of that. My point was just that the "two lines of code" claim is less impressive when you realise he's talking about modifying the already ported game to output to the controller instead of the TV.

The_Technomancer said:
No yeah, I know, even in this article that's what they say. I was saying that what they've done (route it to a different screen) was well within the realm of two lines.
Yes I understood, I agree.

Caelus

Kind of excited actually, I'd like to play Darksides on a Nintendo console. I just wish they'd have a black Wii U earlier in the market.

Caelus said:
Kind of excited actually, I'd like to play Darksides on a Nintendo console. I just wish they'd have a black Wii U earlier in the market.
I know what you mean. Not so much Darksiders but the prospect of playing AAA third-party games on a Nintendo console has got me all excited (I'm totally gonna wait for the Arkham City Wii U port).

Darksiders was great and they're adding some sweet mechanics to the sequel. Can't wait. Also excited for an HD capable Nintendo system. The controller looks sweet, I'm sure there will be awesome uses for it.

Top Bottom