• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Salsa

game of the foreva

cant-wait-other-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-371.gif

Kard8p3

Aww yeah, hyped, and changed avatar! Definitely cannot wait, game will be amazing. This part of the year is going to kill my wallet though :(

DieH@rd

Banned
Someone needs to make a new thread on official DS2 forums on darksiders.com and point them here. :)

There is also a high chance this OT will be featured on DS2 facebook page. We shall see.

Alex

Coop would be really neat, maybe next time.

I want this but im still going through the original now. Which is fine, my entertainment budget is flatlined twice over anyway for now. I missed all the good pc deals too i think so ill get it at the first good post launch sale i bet.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Nice OT. I was a big fan of Darksiders, but it looks like 2 is an insane improvement on top of it. I haven't seen all that much footage beyond the giantbomb quicklook however, but I think that's for the best.

dreamfall

Such a great OT; OT GAF is killing it tonight! Almost done replaying the first title on my PC, going PC for Darksiders II! Death awaits, it shall be glorious! Need some more Abyssal Armor!

aegies

I'm currently working on making some gifs for our review. I thought I'd share some here for you guys as they get made.

Here's one:

k8ZrT.gif

dreamfall

Are most of PC GAF playing with a game pad or Kb/M? I'm tempted to try it out with a controller but I've been replaying the first title without it. Does it feel better?

Are most of PC GAF playing with a game pad or Kb/M? I'm tempted to try it out with a controller but I've been replaying one without it. Does it feel better?

I didn't like the first one with Kb/m. These games were probably built with the controller in mind first, so it might be better.

dreamfall

I didn't like the first one with Kb/m. These games were probably built with the controller in mind first, so it might be better.

I really liked attacking with both mouse buttons for primary/secondary but pressing Alt to dash still is a struggle. Also holding Caps + a number for specials is way too hectic. It does make shooting way more precise though. Oh MERCY!

I hope riding Despair is even better than Epon-RUIN. So hyped!

Sephirus

Awesome OT! I simply can't wait for this game.

The first one was one of my favorite games that year, and this one looks better in every way. So HYPED!

Duffyside

Banned
My copy shipped like three days ago. I hope that means I have a chance of getting it early, but probably not, right? I don't normally order things this far out, and when I do pre-order online it's from Amazon, and they ship a day or two beforehand.

Also; I did not know about the first area having as many dungeons as the entire first game. Not terribly excited about that. I think four or five real good dungeons is the perfect amount for an entire game.

And I'm not too confident in saying this is more colorful than 90% of other AAA games out there; from what I've seen it's lots of gray and brown with color splashed on top.

Pretty excited about the combat, though. Lots of options, potentially. And super-impressed that Vigil somehow crammed even more mechanics and features into the game; NG+, loot, leveling weapons, etc. No way someone can say this is Darksiders 1.5, right? This game is my only for-sure day 1 purchase.

Gunsmithx

Great work on the OT guys, looks really amazing and should help tide us over a bit till release. Thanks for all the effort for this.

it's awesome to see the love that this is getting. the first game was my goty for 2010. there are plenty of legitimate complaints that were leveled at it, but the sum of the parts was just awesome. it somehow managed to evoke the same kinds of emotions in me that i had as a child when playing video games.

i haven't followed this one too closely as it was a day one purchase before i even finished the first. i just hope they haven't tooled with the original's formula too much in attempt to "reach a broader audience." even with that slight reservation i am extremely hyped. hopefully this one will suck me in and take over my life the way the first entry did.

Kaizer

Banned
Awesome, awesome OT, great job man. Not too sure if I'm buying this Day One as I'm a little cash-strapped at the moment. It's #1 in the GameFly Queue so hopefully it'll all work out.

i really really fell in love with the first game and this just looks to make me fall all over again. what a truly great name darksiders is becoming in the gaming world.

glaurung

Excellent OP, kudos to the hard work.

I have a pre-order in for the PS3 CE (which has apparently become a rarity already) and I also have a Steam key pre-order in over at GMG from May or something like that. Before the game turned out to be the juggernaut that it apparently is.

Not going to take time off work, but I can tell you this: trying to go all magic the first time out.

Edit: The original Darksiders remains one of my truly enjoyable experiences on PS3. It is also one of my very few platinums and I did like earning that beauty.

Rokam

Want this so bad :(. Think I'm going to have to wait a few months. If anyone knows any contests going on for a copy on 360 speak up!

Daante

Preorder it since a few days back on Steam.

My beefy htpc, 50" Kuro plasma and 360 gamepad is ready :D

Must be strong to continue with my media black out.. , must be strong...!

NaviLink

Amazing OP, guys.

I'm pumped for this game, too bad we can't get a deal for the Season Pass for consoles like the PC version. We'll probably have a complete edition in six months or something.

Top Bottom