• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Salsa

are you guys seriously talking about playing this game with a keyboard

are you insane

stop being insane you insane people

Dahbomb

it's awesome to see the love that this is getting. the first game was my goty for 2010. there are plenty of legitimate complaints that were leveled at it, but the sum of the parts was just awesome. it somehow managed to evoke the same kinds of emotions in me that i had as ab.c. Tort km child when playing video games.

i haven't followed this one too closely as it was a day one purchase before i even finished the first. i just hope they haven't tooled with the original's formula too much in attempt to "reach a broader audience." even with that slight reservation i am extremely hyped. hopefully this one will suck me in and take over my life the way the first entry did.
If anything DS2 is going the opposite route. Its expanding upon the stuff it was praised for while adding more options for the hardcore players and fans. Longer bigger game, no block button, more advanced combat, more rpg elements, hardcore modes etc. None of the stuff in the game really screams to me as dumbing it down for the casuals at least not from what I have seen.

And this game is legitimately playable on k&m.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I am slightly interest in this game but never got around to playing the original Darksiders. Is it worth going back and playing the original before digging into this?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I am slightly interest in this game but never got around to playing the original Darksiders. Is it worth going back and playing the original before digging into this?
Absolutely.

Great job guys on the OT but i think the EU release date is wrong, at least for most of PAL regions. Since when do games come out on tuesday? we always had to wait for thursday or friday. I believe the release date is August 17th.

Edit: Ok, UK is Aug 21.

DieH@rd

Banned
People who think that playing DS1 with k/m is not good way to play the game.... are simply wrong. With very little tweaking you can make it to be excelent way of controlling War.

But I dont know how good DS2 will be... yet.

Hype, PC version pre-ordered! I never finished Darksiders (can't remember why, but I enjoyed it) but games like this certainly get my support :D

Pranay

Darksiders 1 is still free on ps+ but only 7 days remaining. Grab it if you havnt played it yet !

Awesome Game.

And hope DS 2 is even better !

DieH@rd

Banned
It was just reported on official Darksiders forums that Tomes (trading system between players) can also be used as a storage solution. We can store up to 200 items in it!

This is great news!

sn00zer

holy shit at those pc requirements...... why can my pc play DS1 at a constant60 fps and it doesnt even meet the requirements for DS2....

For those ordering the console version, I think Best Buy has the best deal on it.

Order online and choose in-store pick up, get a $10 savings pass emailed to you within 2-5 days. You also get upgraded to the Limited Edition and will receive the Best Buy exclusive Angel of Death pack. And of course, Reward Zone points :)

I can't fucking wait for this game, maybe I'm getting overhyped but I'm really feeling like it's going to be incredible at this point. This is going to be a goddamn videogame!

Corto

It's.... it's beautiful. Great, excellent OT. I'm so sorry though that I found a typo on Joe Madureira's name. :( It's a portuguese name so it immediately stood out for me as I was reading the OT. Yes, I read the whole thing. It's great.

I may have turned into a pussy in my older years but damn is DS1 pretty damn hard. Taimat had me going for awhile and now I'm stuck at the damn angels and the black hammer :/

Odrion

Banned
dontsuckdontsuckdontsuckdontsuckdontsuckdontsuckdontsuckdontsuckdontsuck PLEASE don't suck. I need some sort of AAA title that isn't a goddamn shooter.

vmatix

Neo Member
Nice OT !

I'm in such a way hyped for DS2 thanks to you guys and especially tragic/hdn that I pretty much can't stand it anymore. Stop the hype and release the game finally ! Next week can't come soon enough :)

Micerider

got a 8800 GTS....which has been pretty damn good for 99% of my game (30-60 fps mostly on hgh)

Is it the 8800 GTS 512mb version? Or the 382mb / 640 mb version?

If it's the first, your PC meets the requirement, the 9800 GT is nothing but a 8800 GT re-branded while the 8800 GTS 512mb is a souped-up 8800 GT (which stills virtually make any PC game run decently, including beasts like Witcher 2 -at low-).

DieH@rd

Banned
It's.... it's beautiful. Great, excellent OT. I'm so sorry though that I found a typo on Joe Madureira's name. :( It's a portuguese name so it immediately stood out for me as I was reading the OT. Yes, I read the whole thing. It's great.

That typo will be fixed today.

Question about rewards for playing D1, isn't it you just need an achievement to receive armor piece? OP says you need a save file. Just curious.

cornerman

Wow. I've been goong easy on the media for the game. This OT has grestly informed me on the games' evolution. This was already a day 1 purchase, but now i'm hyped.

If the game is all that its cracked up to be, i hope everyone here will evangelize it and convince other people to purchase it or at least give it a try. If we want more than shooters, we have to support games other than shooters, and that means word of mouth.

Abylim

Going to be playing this with Blue Oyster Cult playing "Dont fear the reaper" on infinite loop.

I dont know why.

do you get the arguls tomb DLC free regardless of where you preorder? if i preorder from gamestop do i get the death rides one in addition?

Top Bottom