• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARKSIDERS preview update(videos and stuff)

never heard of this until a few days ago when I seen a commercial on tvm then finding out joe mad is behind it... day one purchase for me, looks pretty damn good.

Tokubetsu

ZealousD said:
That's the real official boxart.

I'm not sure that THQ has fully gotten the message yet that everybody prefers the old boxart. =P

What are you smoking bro? This new boxart is way better and a lot less "Generic R&B dude on a horse!"

Day one for sure. Been looking foward to this since they announced it all those years ago. Joe Madd's style translates so well to games it's crazy.

Gekido was my shit.

Tonza

Tokubetsu said:
What are you smoking bro? This new boxart is way better and a lot less "Generic R&B dude on a horse!"

Agreed.

I really want this to be good. The game looks and sounds great but somehow the gameplay has seemed a bit stiff to me.

Will have to wait some reviews or a demo on this one.

Odinson

GhostRidah said:
never heard of this until a few days ago when I seen a commercial on tv

Same here. I goggled it and found the website. I watched all the videos and read about the characters. Game looks awesome! Looks like I'll pick this up alongside Bayonetta.

mackloon

Neo Member
This game has recently just popped up on my radar. I have some Amazon cash acquired through a series of recent purchases and I was considering this as my destiny for that money.

I was a HUGE fan of Zelda back in the day, and have noted a lot of references to that game. Is there an "open world" Similar to Ocarina of Time for the 64 in this game?

Is there a write-up that someone can refer me to that states kind of the game mechanics and layout so I can decide on a BUY or not to buy...

Thanks

-m

Robot 492

Banned
G4: Darksiders Creative Director Joe Madureira Interview Trailer
I've been looking forward to Vigil Games' apocalyptic action-adventure title Darksiders for a while now, and this latest interview trailer with the developer's creative director Joe Madureira does little to temper my anticipation. There’s just something so inherently satisfying about being able to play as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you're able to play as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Check out this new trailer to find out more about what kinds of chaos await you when the world becomes a hellish playground for angels and demons.
Video: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7...Director-Joe-Madureira-Interview-Trailer.html

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I've always been a big MAD fan, and the WOWish look of War and the rest of the characters piques my interest, no question. I'm definitely all over this game.

mackloon

Neo Member
Does anyone know about game length...? Is this going to be the length of something like a Zelda, with combat like a God of War?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
mackloon said:
Does anyone know about game length...? Is this going to be the length of something like a Zelda, with combat like a God of War?

I think the number being tossed around at an event not too long ago was 25-30 hours. Longer than your standard action game.

mackloon

Neo Member
ZealousD said:
I think the number being tossed around at an event not too long ago was 25-30 hours. Longer than your standard action game.

May previews state that this is a sandbox game with sidequests and whatnots. Sounds like fun. Is the game supposed to be similar to Ocarina of Time in the Zelda series, but with better action?

ZealousD

mackloon said:
May previews state that this is a sandbox game with sidequests and whatnots. Sounds like fun. Is the game supposed to be similar to Ocarina of Time in the Zelda series, but with better action?

Basically yeah. There's dungeons with puzzle solving, items to collect, bosses to defeat, etc.

Tokubetsu

ZealousD said:
Man, the game really does look better every time I see it. The combat looks better. The graphics look smoother. Every video just looks better than the one before it.

Game's definitely on my day one list. Something big is dropping in January too but I'm way more excited for this :D

ZealousD

Tokubetsu said:
Game's definitely on my day one list. Something big is dropping in January too but I'm way more excited for this :D

Haha, there's lots of shit dropping big in January. Bayonetta, No More Heroes 2, Mass Effect 2. Then you've got Bioshock 2 in early February. My wallet screams! =(

Tokubetsu

However this turns out, I pray to god that Joe Mad gets more work in the biz. I really like his art style and monster design. I might just re-read Battlechasers.

EDIT: Amazon has it for pre-order with Release Date Delivery at $52.99 and you get this as pre-order item:

Pre-order Darksiders and you'll receive a Ruin Head Mask and War Costume for your Xbox Live avatar. Access code will be e-mailed within 10 business days after the game releases. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer.

Do I want that or a comic book/artbook from GS? or shit for my avatar? hmmmmm
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

no way! I am way too hyped for this. I don't normally buy games day one, but I have to support joe mad. Ive loved his art since the age of apocalypse saga. Its a double edged sword, if this game does well, im sure that will take him away from doing comics ever again.

ZealousD

Tokubetsu said:
Everything I see about this game makes me want it more. At this point, I think me and you are the only ones really hyped for it :lol

Yeah, seems like everybody is ignoring this thread.

I've been half-tempted to start a new one to see if it could catch some more eyeballs, but we're basically only a month away from an official thread. Which... uhhh.... I've already completed. :lol

Tokubetsu said:
Everything I see about this game makes me want it more. At this point, I think me and you are the only ones really hyped for it :lol

Darksiders is on my watch list as well. The story is really intriguing and if the reviews are good, I will buy the game day one. :D

Flyguy

Tokubetsu said:
I'm hyped. It was important to me to let you know that.

Someone needs to ask VIGIL if there will be an art book for darksiders, that would be too cool. I really like seeing Joe MADs stuff fully fleshed out with colors that were shown in the second part interview.

ZealousD

THQ / Vigil is running a contest on DeviantArt. You make some sort of image depicting the Apocalypse, and you'll get a chance to win a War statue, a PS3 or 360, and/or a copy of the game.

http://news.deviantart.com/article/100452/

Contest is open to non-US residents, but you'll only get a cash equivalent if you win.

There's also a link to some rather bitching high-res assets on the page.

http://st.deviantart.com/news/darksiders/resources.zip

Also, is that a TV commercial on that page?

Tokubetsu

ZealousD said:
Yeah, seems like everybody is ignoring this thread.

I've been half-tempted to start a new one to see if it could catch some more eyeballs, but we're basically only a month away from an official thread. Which... uhhh.... I've already completed. :lol

I was actually gonna send you a PM asking if you needed help with it :lol

TheFallen

I love the art.

I'm surprised at the DeviantArt contest, the prizes are pretty fucking huge. Some good marketing there from THQ. I'd enter, but knowing the people that use DA, I would hate to compete against that kind of skill.

MisterTHQ

THQ Member
There's a nice video up showing you Wars Arsenal including the Chaos Eater!
It goes on to explain how certain enemies require different ways to be killed, from brute force with one of your many weapons, being torn out of the sky or hit from far away using a car. :)

ZealousD

Okay, now this is kinda cool. :lol

http://contests.gamesradar.com/darksiders/

Having trouble getting my webcam to work to try it myself, though.

It also looks like the website as a whole got a slight revamp. Some new stuff I haven't seen, like a couple videos and some artwork and posters and such.

MisterTHQ

THQ Member
I've just been told there's going to be a big Darksiders preview and video going up tonight on Gamespot at around 6pm (GMT).

Keep an eye out for it! :D

Top Bottom