• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition |OT| No, not alone.

jambo

PC version is terrible for me.

I'm well above the recommended specs, but I can't get it to run at a stable framerate on normal settings and other settings turned off.

And the cutscenes are completely fucked.

Do you have an AMD card?

Seen that mentioned by a few people with issues.

GavinUK86

Seems to run great at 1080p on an i7 2600k, 16gb ram and a 970.

Shots at 1080, 1440 and 4K.

edit: with FSAA on

darksiders1_1080pwasd7.jpg

darksiders1_1440pi5si8.jpg

darksiders1_4klqs3l.jpg

KorrZ

Just saw that this was a free upgrade for people who owned the original on Steam. Cool! Thanks Nordic.

Guess it's time for a replay.

GavinUK86

Is there a way to lock the game at 60FPS? (Once the AMD issues are fixed, I mean...)

Well I guess you already know Vsync will lock it to 60 if you're using a 60hz screen. If you're not, you could use RTSS to lock it. I always have it on anyway to insure there are no frame pacing issues in games.

It is indeed. Same everywhere. It hits 30fps in most places but it does regularly drop to the 20's. The 970 isn't a 4K card, even for older remastered games.

I know, but this thing runs at native 4k/60 on a PS4 Pro. A 970/i7 should be closer to that mark than that.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I know, but this thing runs at native 4k/60 on a PS4 Pro. A 970/i7 should be closer to that mark than that.

If he has FSAA turned on then he's running super sampling in addition to 4k, which depending on how heavy their implementation goes on the supersampling means he's actually running it at anything from 8k to 32k.

GavinUK86

If he has FSAA turned on then he's running super sampling in addition to 4k, which depending on how heavy their implementation goes on the supersampling means he's actually running it at anything from 8k to 32k.

I completely forgot I still had FSAA turned on.

/facepalm

Here we go:

With drops to ~45/50 during combat.

I completely forgot I still had FSAA turned on.

/facepalm

Here we go:

With drops to ~45/50 during combat.

Thereeee we go, that looks and sounds a lot more correct haha

kuYuri

Reposting from other thread:

There's a 95fps cap on the PC version of the game for whatever reason. The original Darksiders had no cap, where I easily got 200+ fps on my gaming rig (i7 4790K/GTX 1080).

I'm always hitting that mid 90s framerate target otherwise.

leng jai

Turns out I own Darksiders on Steam, pretty sure I never played it. Is it just me or is there no way to change resolution in the options? Is this another one of those games that runs at whatever resolution Windows is?

protonion

Great news!

PS4 version was patched (around 450 mb).

I tested the first cut scenes. Audio sync is fine and crackling sounds are gone. No skips so far.

The patch also fixed a trophy that wouldn't unlock and some language stuff.

Now we can play!

scitek

So, is it a stable 60 on ps4? Anyone has it on the ps4PRO?

I'm through about 1/3rd of the game on the Pro and it's been pretty stable so far. Only a few instances where it dips, usually when there are a lot of explosions or something right in the camera.

RPGCrazied

Great news!

I tested the first cut scenes. Audio sync is fine and crackling sounds are gone. No skips so far.

Now we can play!

Thank goodness! I guess I'll play this now, waiting on Square Enix to fix Final Fantasy XV.

I love this game. Did a review on my YouTube channel too. So good. Best ending ever too.
There's been a lot of talk about the ending, but I'll be damned if I can remember it (not uncommon for me). Since I've picked up Warmastered, I'm not too worried about it, as I'll get to see it again soon enough. 👍

Great news!

Now we can play!

Yessssss, thank you. Buying my copy now

RPGCrazied

Plays so much better with this patch, most of the stutter is gone, the audio is in sync. Sometimes I get a crackle or pop in a cutscene, but it plays much better.

Just beat Tiamat!

Wray

Dumb question but how do I change the resolution in the Steam version? I see all the new video options except a resolution changer.

Dumb question but how do I change the resolution in the Steam version? I see all the new video options except a resolution changer.
You're probably on Borderless Fullscreen. Switch to Exclusive Fullscreen and you should be able to change your resolution.

mileS

I almost didn't even want to try this game after reading about the AMD issues. After a couple patches (and mostly the fact that I got it free for having the original anyway) I had to try this tonight.

I wasn't expecting much on my ancient PC (i5-750 @ 2.67Ghz, 4gig RAM, AMD 5850) but I am getting mostly 60 fps with some slight dips to 50's here and there but not enough to speak about. Honestly really impressed with the performance.

Yep. I was pretty worried this would be a release and dump. But no, they've patched up the issues on all the versions super fast. Good on them. This game deserves it.

iFirez

I went to GAME (UK Store) today to trade in a bunch of games and pick up a bunch of new ones. No sign of Darksiders Warmastered on any of the shelves... just no where to be found. I picked up he other games and went over to the counter to trade in and buy my new games - I asked the dude if they had Darksiders Warmastered in and he opens a draw, searches a little and pulls out a still sealed copy... WTF? I'm a huge Darksiders fan, I loved 1 and 2 and replayed the 2 remaster too. I want a third game to happen but if these game stores aren't even putting the game out on shelves then sales must be tanking more than I thought.

Anyway, I've been playing it for the past few hours, just ripped Tiamat's heart out and oh how I've missed this game. It's so good. The remaster seems super fluid and I can tell they upressed or redid some of the textures on characters, they're really sharp which is nice. Going for a 100% play through on Normal and then a speed run on Hard to get a platinum.

Tizoc

Could someone post a quick breakdown of the plot? I know it's not THAT complicated and it's pretty straightforward but the events from when Abbadon is defeated onwards confuses me.

Lifeline

I just got this, and about to start playing it. I'm just curious about the pacing in this game. I just finished Mafia 3 which had one of the worst game pacing in recent times where you spend a shit ton of hours in the middle just repeating the same stuff over and over again. I don't think i can handle two games like that in a row.

So how's the pacing in this game? On a scale of something like Uncharted 2 to something like Mafia 3?

I just got this, and about to start playing it. I'm just curious about the pacing in this game. I just finished Mafia 3 which had one of the worst game pacing in recent times where you spend a shit ton of hours in the middle just repeating the same stuff over and over again. I don't think i can handle two games like that in a row.

So how's the pacing in this game? On a scale of something like Uncharted 2 to something like Mafia 3?
It's starts off rather slow with a lot of combat. After you get to the Twilight Cathedral which is the first "dungeon" of the game I feel that it picks up significantly. You just kind of have to tough it out until then.

Lifeline

Just beat the first boss
Titbat of twilight cathedral
and so far i'm really enjoying it. It's been a long time since I've played a hack and slash game, so it's a breath of fresh air. Combat is easy, but fun. The different items and powers are all fun to use and mix in with combat. The mini boss and main boss fights haven't been a challenge, but were fun to play anyway. The last "hack and slash" game i played was Bloodborne earlier this year, so it's nice to play something easier.

The puzzles are decent and the backtracking is not that bad. The only puzzle that stumped me was
the one where you had to chain together mine explosions to break a crystal, so far i had only used one mine at a time, so i didn't think of it.
. I gave it a break, completed another puzzle and came back and realized the solution immediately.

The story is pretty minimal and kinda confusing. Voice acting reminds me of the over the top God of War characters and every demon sounds like Mark Hamill doing the Joker.

Forgot how much late game padding this game has with the black tower. And I just remembered you gotta collect sword pieces across the world as well. Ugh.

Finally fired this up and holy shit, for some reason this might be the best 4K game I've seen on the Pro yet. Upscales and checkerboard rendered games look fine, sure, but something about this rendering at native 4K looks absolutely amazing. The art style and attention to detail in the game definitely help.

That said, while I haven't seen any desyncing of audio in the cutscenes, nearly every cutscene I've seen ends like 1-2 seconds too early. I'm hearing later in the game it gets worse, and they'll drop halfway through.

Not sure when this first patch was dated, but I've got a bad feeling this thing will never be fixed. The meat of the game seems fine, but I genuinely enjoyed the cutscenes back when, and I'd rather not have to queue 'em up on YouTube because the game won't play them properly :/

sn00zer

Slightly OT, but...

I always wondered what Death looked like under his mask. Then I found this concept art:

He looks really cool. More so than War. Bonus fan art:

I really hope these remasters help a third game happen.
Never thought of it as a mask, just figured that was his face.

Top Bottom