• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition |OT| No, not alone.

Skilletor

Bought just for 4k

I think I will tomorrow or Saturday. I loved the game way back on ps3 but never finished.

I hope they do a ps4 pro patch for Darksiders 2.

Oh man, Battlechasers will probably be 4k and have HDR on ps4 when it comes out. #drool

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Slightly OT, but...

I always wondered what Death looked like under his mask. Then I found this concept art:

Death_Reject_02.jpg

He looks really cool. More so than War. Bonus fan art:

I really hope these remasters help a third game happen.

RPGCrazied

Got it early, hopefully I can finish before FF XV comes, and hope I don't hit the audio bug. But lots of people are getting it, so I guess I'm screwed.

Well I did my part. I loved DSII and I have never played the first one so this is a good chance to play it and I bought 2 on the PSN sale. So we better get #3 Godamnit!!!

RPGCrazied

Welp. Add me to the list of people with the audio sync bug. The first epic cutscene before the boss. The words don't match their lips. I'm assuming this is going to effect every scene?

This needs a patch ASAP.

Regular PS4 here.

Sucks for the standard PS4 audio glitches, but on a Pro, this is a really great Remaster. Super happy with my purchase and I forgot how precise the controls are. Combat is awesome.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Really not enjoying the camera in this game.

Auto-center jank strikes again.

And the free-aim not being bound to center screen... fucking why?

Sucks for the standard PS4 audio glitches, but on a Pro, this is a really great Remaster. Super happy with my purchase and I forgot how precise the controls are. Combat is awesome.

Combat is awesome and pretty fucking deep. You have a lot of options in terms of upgrades that drastically alter playstyle. I remember I was a bit of of a button masher back in the day but after 5 Souls games I'm much more artful in my combat. Thus I can rely less on defensive buffs and pump my wrath into devasting finishers.

And it looks brilliant in 4K. Better than some current gen games.

graffix13

Is this in stores yet? Checked Best Buy, Walmart, and Target and every clerk I asked didn't know the game and/or said it wasn't out yet?

I can get it on Amazon but I would rather just buy it and play it ASAP (I want the physical disc).

Ricker

very good OT. never did beta the 2nd Darksiders so this offer is tempting

This is the first...and I loved the game but that portal like dungeon near the end and Tiamat Boss,still not sure how I beat him,took me like 15 tries lol...never again,sorry guys ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Was this officially announced anywhere?

While a free upgrade is the most likely outcome, I'm fairly certain that GameStar is being disingenuous and simply getting ahead of itself as Nordic hasn't announced anything yet -- there's no such news post on its website/Facebook page/Twitter account or, more to the point, the original release's Steam Community hub. The loyalty program for the Darksiders 2 re-release was announced the day before release, so Nordic should finally spill the beans within the next 24 hours or so.

morpix

A. this game is great
B. this game is beautiful in 4k

I can't seem to zoom the map in 4K, and it's tiny as fuck. You getting the same thing? I mean I can see the map, it's just VERY small.
Like the map didn't get resized in the 4K mode and it's still rendering at it's native resolution.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I can't seem to zoom the map in 4K, and it's tiny as fuck. You getting the same thing? I mean I can see the map, it's just VERY small.
Like the map didn't get resized in the 4K mode and it's still rendering at it's native resolution.

I actually move closer to my TV to see it, lol. It's tiny.

dan2026

Sounds like another botched remaster.

How does a game with audio syncing problems get out the door?
Surely that would be one of the first things QA should pick up on.

morpix

Sounds like another botched remaster.

How does a game with audio syncing problems get out the door?
Surely that would be one of the first things QA should pick up on.

I haven't had an issue. Using Bitstream Dolby through my receiver.

Skulldead

One trophy to get the platinum... f.... that... griphon section 160 kills...Everything else was grindy, but this bronze trophy is stupid hard...

One trophy to get the platinum... f.... that... griphon section 160 kills...Everything else was grindy, but this bronze trophy is stupid hard...

I managed it on the 360 version - but yeah it took a lot of practice. You really need to learn the patterns and hit them. Especially the large groups of smaller targets. They are where you rack up the kills.

I've got a save just before that section in this version. I might try it again - if I feel like hating on myself for a bit! Someone is going to come in here say that it's easy and they did it on their first attempt though aren't they?

Kyzer

Banned
Picked this up to play when I'm snowed in, for nostalgia purposes. Also cuz ds3 needs to happen (I still haven't played 2)

b0uncyfr0

Hmm 10 minutes to go. Initial impressions from the lip syncing and gfx dont impress me but if the price is right i will dive in straight away

EDIT: Its Time! Yep ----Its fREE :)

Palehorse

I approve of free. I saw that it was on sale so I logged in to Steam to buy it and was told it's already in my library. Whaaaaat?

I'm so in to replay this, love these games.

Regginator

What's up with the performance? I'm on a 4670K / 280X and it runs like shit. I just played the intro on both the original version and the Warmastered, and I get a smooth pretty much locked 74fps (max refresh on my screen), whereas the Warmastered gets me a ~29fps during those same scenes and even drops to mid-tens when a lot of stuff happens. I don't see a lot of visual improvements that should justify these immense differences in performance.

Then again, I suppose the upgrade was free {shrugs}

BY2K

Membero Americo
PC version is terrible for me.

I'm well above the recommended specs, but I can't get it to run at a stable framerate on normal settings and other settings turned off.

And the cutscenes are completely fucked.

Top Bottom