• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition |OT| No, not alone.

I had no idea this was only a $20 dollar release, just bought it off of Amazon. I loved this game when I went through it on 360.

emilegc

I can't find the game on the US PSN store. I even googled it and it's giving me an error about unable to find it. ARGHHH

Cleve

I can't find the game on the US PSN store. I even googled it and it's giving me an error about unable to find it. ARGHHH

It will probably show up with the store update today. I don't think the earlier poster meant to imply they downloaded it, they just gave the install size.

Swindle

Banned
I think I'm getting old. I see significantly sharper draw distances but other than that I'm like trying to find big improvements.

ecf45555c3ec7975182ea37354cf14e34eb2a7f0.jpg

Why would they go through all the trouble of releasing both games on PS4? The third game is coming, just a matter of when.
Because Nordic got the rights super cheap in the great THQ sell off and now they are making that money and more back. This port wasn't produced by the original team.

No one wants that sequel more than I do, but I'm not giving in to even hope until it's announced and even then it could get cancelled.

The sequel that you would assume is promised at the end of Darksiders is so freaking awesome that even Vigil Games balked at trying to create it and we got Darksiders 2 : Darksiders 1 Gaiden instead.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Currently playing this on the PS4 pro in the bedroom on the 1080p tv seeing as my wife is hogging the 4k to watch AHS >.< game still looks and runs pretty amazingly.

Voror

Got this off Amazon with Prime and seems like quite the good deal. I enjoyed the original game way back when. Was really hyped for the sequel but ended up just sort of stopping partway through I think in part because the whole thing with Possessed Weapons started touching on my Min/Max OCD.

I see that one is super cheap now on PSN. Not sure if it'd be worth it or not though.

Juraash

I have a real soft spot for this game. I know I don't plat it back when it was new but I almost certainly will wmthis time around.

There's a lot of games on my plate atm but I'm hoping to maybe do both Darksiders games over Christmas.

OsirisBlack

Banned
There's a small amount of screen tearing that I've noticed, but otherwise it's been great.

This game is a gem.

Wife finally gave me the 4k tv back and just wow pretty damn impressive looking game at 4k. No tearing on PS4 pro I can run it on ps4 also to see if that tears.

Karak

Stoked to see that people will be checking this out. Though not perfect technically its probably one of the closest of our recent remastered type games. Pretty well done.

psychotron

Stoked to see that people will be checking this out. Though not perfect technically its probably one of the closest of our recent remastered type games. Pretty well done.

It was your review that really sold me on it. I loved the first one on 360, even though they didn't fix the tearing until after I beat the game. I'm really hoping the pro version doesn't have the fps drops you encountered on the xb1.

Raitaro

This is one of those games I remember playing through the whole way while never being really sure if I actually liked what I was playing all that much. Apart from the bulky art style that never really clicked with me, I remember thinking that enemies took way too many hits, which in turn led to quite long battles while also making your impressive looking weapons feel weak in a way. (Castlevania: Lord of Shadows and its sequels had a similar problem now that I think about it.)

That said, I might give it a second chance in order to catch up with the sequel as well at some point. There aren't that many games that scratch the same itch still so that's something at least.

Cleve

Runs great on pro for the very short segment I got to play before work. Makes me wish they'd consider patching 2 deathinitive, even just for a framerate patch but I realize that team moved on long ago.

I won't be getting this release due to raiding in Legion and FFXV coming out next week, but if you are coming here looking for opinions on whether or not to buy it, I cannot recommend it enough. If you're a fan of Zelda games, you will not be disappointed. The story is dark, relatively deep, has some good twists, characters are really really cool, combat is relatively fluid, you get some SICK abilities, and the worlds are intense. Get it! At $20, this is an absolute steal for a game I gladly paid $60 for years ago.

Sanctuary

Sorry if this seems completely random, but are there pentegrams in this game? I honestly don't remember if they had even one, and I've finished both games. I have a friend, who has a reaction to pentegrams (not for religious reasons either), and I was considering having him play this, but I don't want to have him have to stop at some point due to a pentegram, and I don't want to replay it all the way through myself just to make sure either way.

I'm still waiting on something to go wrong in this remaster, but then again they're not Ubisoft. I'm just so cynical about remasters due to how a lot of them have been handled. There have been some great ones though like Uncharted so I'm hopeful.

Sorry if this seems completely random, but are there pentegrams in this game? I honestly don't remember if they had even one, and I've finished both games. I have a friend, who has a reaction to pentegrams (not for religious reasons either), and I was considering having him play this, but I don't want to have him have to stop at some point due to a pentegram, and I don't want to replay it all the way through myself just to make sure either way.

Sorry to hear about your friend, but I wouldn't be able to guarantee if they're there or not. The game has heavy religious ties (I was going to say undertones, but you're literally caught between angels and demons in the apocalypse), so I wouldn't rule them out at all.

DieH@rd

Banned
I'm still waiting on something to go wrong in this remaster, but then again they're not Ubisoft. I'm just so cynical about remasters due to how a lot of them have been handled. There have been some great ones though like Uncharted so I'm hopeful.

The biggest problem we heard so far was some framerate issues on Xbox One, and rare crashes on PS4 that can sometimes corrupt the save.

So it's not perfect, but we only had each of those problem reported once, so it's maybe not widespread.

I want it on PC!!

Nov 29. And there will probably be an upgrade program for old owners. Keep an eye to this thread in the following days.

Top Bottom