• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php

My right ear has the left/right scroll indicator from facebook photos over it :|

Good call out on the maturity thing though. I'm 28, and could pass for a super young-un in this pic

It's a mirror image, right of the picture is your left.

https://i.imgur.com/LIG95zY.jpg

Salamando

It's a mirror image, right of the picture is your left.

His right ear is barely visible - you can just make out the curve and his piercing. It's his friend in the striped shirt who makes everything look wonky, like his ear just failed to fully load or something.

If it isn't obvious, he's too close to the flash. It removes all detail from his face and gives him a pallor.

What other pics are being used?

His right ear is barely visible - you can just make out the curve and his piercing. It's his friend in the striped shirt who makes everything look wonky, like his ear just failed to fully load or something.

If it isn't obvious, he's too close to the flash. It removes all detail from his face and gives him a pallor.

What other pics are being used?

Yeah, I can see that now. Just looked really odd.

hey yall! I put a picture on dating apps of myself that I thought was quite fetching about a month ago, maybe more. Since then I've swiped many ladies and have gotten several matches, but 0 responses when messaging back. Is this a bad picture and I'm completely blind to what is actually attractive about me and what isn't? I leave what I think are thoughtful, funny, concise messages to matches, and my profile is short and sweet and has a joke in it, so I don't know what else is wrong besides my pics.

I would show this to my friends, but I want GAF's unbiased opinions. Thanks to those who reply.

btw- this is cropped in on my face. Friends are in the background in the original :)

http://i.imgur.com/KRiz0Jf.jpg

I mean, it's a terrible photo with horrid lighting. Flash right in your face.

j.rob

Ok im slept and woke up, im sober and read your responses and yeah I don't feel any different about this situation.

To be honest we didn't even talk that much. After her first "non reply" on whatsapp, there was a big gap from when I sent her that first snap which "got us talking again" (lol).

But hey, best thing to do is just forget about her. Oh well lesson learned.

Ok im slept and woke up, im sober and read your responses and yeah I don't feel any different about this situation.

To be honest we didn't even talk that much. After her first "non reply" on whatsapp, there was a big gap from when I sent her that first snap which "got us talking again" (lol).

But hey, best thing to do is just forget about her. Oh well lesson learned.

Jesus, dude. You've put more thought and spilled more ink into that post than she ever has about you. Should have moved on forever ago. Stop drunk texting people who don't even like you.

Floex

First things first, I’m drunk but sobering up slightly.

Now that thats out of the way, I want your opinion GAF.

Matched with this girl. We spoke for a bit and I got her number and it was all cool. Spoke for a bit after that. She asked for my insatgram which I was a bit hesitant to do so at first as I post like 4 times a year on there, but I did actually recently post a few pictures within the last few months at the time so I thought why not?, and the first thing she says to me after following and looking at my pictures is “Do you have a girl? cause that pic you posted recently suggests so and I’m not about competing with others” (or something along those lines) , as I posted a picture of a catchup meal between me and an old FEMALE FRIEND of mine who I had not seen in ages. So I told her that she was just a friend and that seemed to be the end of that.

We arranged to meet a few days after but life got in the way and we never did get round to doing so. (this is about 2 weeks after exchanging numbers).
One of the reasons being that she was going to visit a different city for a few days for a friends birthday do when I suggested a day we meet. Granted she never asked to do an alternative or asked when I was free next so I feel right now looking back like that was an early sign that she just didn’t care much I dunno, but obviously at the time you don’t really think about these things.

Always. Fast forward a week or two. I don’t really remember, but I popped up on whastapp asking her how her time away was….and no reply….despite reading it too. Thats cool though, I understand people are busy, shit happens and stuff so I didn’t read too much into it…eventhough her whaspapp pic would change every few days and her online time was frequently showing she was active.

So I leave it for a bit cause I don’t wanna be that guy that seemes desperate and needy and messaging someone after being blanked, plus I got shit to do so I have greater things to concern myself with.
After several weeks, I add her on snapchat through my contacts list on a night out and she adds me back to my surprise. I send her a few snaps over a few weeks/ a couple of months but they don’t really go anywhere. A selfie of me looking pretty with filter when i first added her and she replied to that, but then didn’t reply to my reply, and recently about a week ago I replied to something she cooked on on her story which looked really tasty, asking what it was that she cooked.

She replied telling me what it was within literally like 2 minutes, and so I took this as a chance to try and spark things back up, mentioning that we haven’t spoke properly in a while since we exchanged numbers and asking how she is seeing as she is obviously at least free to talk somewhat if she replied so quickly…Thats it, nothing crazy. Again, she opens it, reads it, and says NOTHING as if i sent her nothing at all.

So I’m like “fuck it I cannt be arsed anymore” and about a week and a half goes by and here we are tonight. I go out and im with friends having a good time in the bars and and stuff drinking, dancing, catching up and I see a picture of the singer Rita Ora on the wall who I have had a crush on SINCE DAY ONE. So drunk me thinks “I’m gonna snapchat this picture” and does so, captioning it with the word “WIFE” and sending it to a hand full of friends in which she was part of. Fucking harmless IMO, its not like I’m gonna fuckin bump into Rita tomorrow and marry her so yeah.

Anyways, I get a chat reply from this girl all like “Hey, can you not send me stuff unless its to do with me personally?”
And I’m like “what? Its just a harness picture/snap. don’t look into it that much it aint that serious”
And then she replies “That sort of stuff should go on your story, not direct to me”.

I don’t know if it was the alcohol or the fact that i know deep down she can OBVIOUSLY reply to me at anytime cause she is on her phone like 23 hours a fuckin day according to her instagram, snapchat and whatsapp, but i just fuckin broke. I literally in the middle of the dance floor stopped, what i was doing, and just erased and blocked her on EVERYTHING I had. It was going nowhere, she had the chance to talk to me and stuff is she wanted but she didn’t make the effort/meet me half way, and Its only now after sobering up slightly that I’m feeling like a jumped the gun a little bit.

I will probably wake up tomorrow and review what happened and make my own conclusion, but my feelings right now feel a little varied. I feel like I did take it a little harsh, but at the same time i don’t have time to waste on people that are not going to put in the amount of effort that I do, but when it suits them, they can obviously make the time to pick and choose what they reply and don’t reply to. And EVEN WORSE feel the need to like…criticise me when it suits them for something that should have simply just been something they chuckled at and not taken seriously.

Am I harsh for doing so?

I don’t fucking know, I’m going to bed.

Tl;DR
Matched with girl. Things were gong well. Girl decides she isn’t going to reply anymore when it comes do decent conversation. After ages months I send her a harmless snapchat and she replies telling me not to send her shit that doesn’t concern her. I jump the gun and fuckin erase her out my life. I feel like i might have jumped a bit too far but I’m drumk so whatever fam.

EDIT. -FUCK ME THIS IS LONGER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE.

Christ dude, you didn't even meet.

Let it go.

Well, actually, did you ladies know that your cervical mucus is in fact
nah, we're not doing this.

does this imply a snail has crawled inside of her leaving a trail. Im just trying to get the clearest picture.

snails move around by using slime or whatever to gain momentum
It refers more to the "mess" that can be left behind. Imagine a girl with no panties and a short skirt on a motorbike...

Delete this thread

It makes your skin look pale, and pale=sickly.

What other pics are you using?

Thanks for th feedback ! I'm a pale ass dude haha.

My other ones are grainy ass shots of me with friends and stuff. This is my best one for sure. I'm not a very photogenic person IMO. I guess I need to actually sit down and put effort into my pics if I wanna get more attention, and I know I have the eye to do so... At least I hope, I'm a creative professional.

It just feels whack as fuck putting that much thought into it- trying to prove to a stranger how sexy I am. But i guess it's a necessary evil if I wanna increase my chances of meeting someone new in LA.

Nothing wrong with being pale. The flash does wash you out though.

I don't think it's that bad of a pic, but then again I don't think I'm your target audience.
u r cute

hey yall! I put a picture on dating apps of myself that I thought was quite fetching about a month ago, maybe more. Since then I've swiped many ladies and have gotten several matches, but 0 responses when messaging back. Is this a bad picture and I'm completely blind to what is actually attractive about me and what isn't? I leave what I think are thoughtful, funny, concise messages to matches, and my profile is short and sweet and has a joke in it, so I don't know what else is wrong besides my pics.

I would show this to my friends, but I want GAF's unbiased opinions. Thanks to those who reply.

btw- this is cropped in on my face. Friends are in the background in the original :)

Way too handsome.

My other ones are grainy ass shots of me with friends and stuff. This is my best one for sure. I'm not a very photogenic person IMO. I guess I need to actually sit down and put effort into my pics if I wanna get more attention, and I know I have the eye to do so... At least I hope, I'm a creative professional.

It just feels whack as fuck putting that much thought into it- trying to prove to a stranger how sexy I am. But i guess it's a necessary evil if I wanna increase my chances of meeting someone new in LA.
Have you not got a picture that someone else took of you? If not, just ask friends to take some. Especially when you're out and about.

j.rob

Jesus, dude. You've put more thought and spilled more ink into that post than she ever has about you. Should have moved on forever ago. Stop drunk texting people who don't even like you.

Yeah you are right I should have just forgot about her from the first moment she stopped replying. Maybe it was just the thought that I know people are not always free to reply or talk so I don't just give up pretty much instantly on someone.

She just kinda caught me off guard last night while drunk.
Personally from my perspective I just find it rude that she obviously can and has replied to me over basic stuff, but when I just ask something a little bit more personal like "how are you?" she just ignores me. Fair enough if she wasn't interested but how hard is it to just say that you are not?

She replied to me last night telling me to not message/send her anything unless its to do with her specifically after sending that mass snapchat picture to like 40 people. Yet when I did message her specifically not too long ago to have the most simple of conversation I get ignored? Thats ironic.

Christ dude, you didn't even meet.

Let it go.

Looking back my post did make me seem really try hard. I wish I had saved this for the morning after but oh well, unfiltered j.rob on GAF.

Yeah its over and done with, but not going to lie I am still salty, I will admit that. But like I said above its more about just being blatantly ignored over a simple hello rather than not meeting her or the fact things never went past a week of decent conversation when we first matched.

I would get it if I did something drastic and dumb like sent her a dick pic or a bunch of drunken, barely readable bullshit confessing my love. But just saying hi for essentially the second time after weeks of no contact, and after she literally just replied to me over a picture of her food at the time?

Peltz

You're smiling way too hard. You could do better.

I'm going to take the Kidd gloves off in the very near future if someone more eloquent and diplomatic does not do it first.

People who say they're not photogenic is such a cop out! I honestly don't get how picture taking is now being made into a skill that has to be learnt. Have one or two selfies at most, the rest should be pictures others have taken of you. You should be outside and doing something interesting. Why bother putting up pics if you're not trying to show the most interesting or "sexy" sides of you? It's just excuses.

I say this as a man who never had many pictures of myself but once I started dating, I started being more active in requesting others to take photos or doing more selfies that weren't just me in the house.

artsi

Let me tell you, Tinder is a ruthless competition. You're a pretty good looking fella but you can't afford that attitude.

Most women spend a fuck ton of time and effort every day to look good just because.
They get messaged by men who spend equally as much time looking good, and creating a good profile with good photos. They're out to steal your pie and looks like they're succeeding.

You want a piece of that action? I think you can take a few minutes of your time to take proper photos.

Let me tell you, Tinder is a ruthless competition. You're a pretty good looking fella but you can't afford that attitude.

Most women spend a fuck ton of time and effort every day to look good just because.
They get messaged by men who spend equally as much time looking good, and creating a good profile with good photos. They're out to steal your pie and looks like they're succeeding.

You want a piece of that action? I think you can take a few minutes of your time to take proper photos.
So much this!! If you want results you need to put in the work. I get a good amount of matches and can get dates without too much trouble but I'm still trying to get better photos and do what I can to look better and improve my social skills. Bottom line is if you put in half ass pictures you can expected mediocre results with your matches.

gaiages

Banned
isn't that just going to turn into a generic chat thread like real pic gaf which is also a thread that should never exist again

*shrug* although all the Friendship GAFs that were proposed had the chance of becoming like that.

Might be an easier place to set up local meetups if you're not in a metropolis though.

damn, the ladies like the portrait lighting eh

Ladies like pictures that are decent looking yeah

Have no clue what your pic looks like since I'm at work but I imagine the other hit it on the nose

Delete this thread

But snails Messo

Dawg

I do too man. Just got to give it time sometimes. There are a million reasons why she might have stopped replying. I know the timing is shitty but just wait and if she doesnt come around by friday eve then either holler at her again and see whats up or just try and find another one.

You didnt do anything wrong here. If she is ghosting you cuz she didnt like your facebook then shes probably not worth your time.

Thanks for the motivation, bro.

Still waiting tho ;_;7

I'm going to wake up extra early tomorrow so that I can shave and get a haircut, even though I don't really have much hair to cut haha. Thinking of just asking to get it cleaned up and then growing it out to style it later but that's a bit of a commitment because my hair grows slowly and crazy thick.

I'm going to challenge myself to ask out atleast one person tomorrow, with 2 being the ultimate goal. I know that the only way to break through my rejection anxiety is to be rejected and go "oh, that wasn't so bad, onto the next one" but I'm still worried haha, oh well. It'll be fiiiine.

Ps. It's always weird to see so few posts and updates during the day on this thread and then see it come to life again around midnight, but I guess that's the issue with living on the other side of the world to most of you 🤷🏻*♂️

Thanks for the motivation, bro.

Still waiting tho ;_;7
Well best of luck dawg.

Holy shit. So im drunk right. And I just went crazy on the add friend button on facebook in the peeps u may no section and I have a bunch of convos going on now. But im drunk and have to get up for work in like an hour. Fuck.

Way better than Tinder.

Edit: uh oh. I got carried away. I have to go to work in 25 min. Havent slept yet. Should be fun. Fuck my life. Dare I check my bank account...

Llyranor

Someone should make a y = 1/x asymptote graph.

x = length of dating thread essay

y = likelihood of having ever met the girl

As the length of the essay approaches infinity, the likelihood of having met the girl approaches zero.

Thanks for the replies yesterday y'all. It was the feedback I was expecting. We talked, and we're remaining friends, but closing the door on anything romantic.

I think I'm going to give myself a month or so off because I'm leaving this area to head back to college soon, and I'm not sure if I want to go into an LDR after like three (at most) weeks of dating someone.

Peltz

As the length of the essay approaches infinity, the likelihood of having met the girl approaches zero.
It's pretty simple. Anything more than 2 sentences is close to a zero percent chance of getting the girl.

When stuff is going well, it doesn't require all that nuanced "analysis".

True but then datingGAF would be so boring

Nvm im dumb

I want to give a shoutout to always crazy bacon. Dude gives some good advice and when I took it to PMs he was a saint and really said what I needed to hear. Cheers buddy. Im glad I stumbled on this thread after years of avoiding it.

Thanks for hearing me vent.

Everyone in here is good shit tho. Luh all yuh.

chicnstu

Neo Member
What serious dating advice is given to someone with anxiety, mental fog preventing the ability to hold a conversation if the courage to approach was found, and alcohol intolerance?

AcridMeat

Banned
The anxiety should be worked on as a quality of life improvement, not just "for the sake of dating" for starters.

Take some time for yourself to get comfortable in your own skin, and then attack dating and you'll have a much happier time.

If you're saying you can already shed the anxiety with alcohol, when I was younger I'd have a beer before dates to loosen up but using it as a crutch isn't the best.

I would say you're not ready to start dealing with possible relationships if your mental health is to the degree you're describing it.

Coming from someone who deals with depression and lots of self worth issues, don't think a relationship is gonna make everything all better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom