• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating-Age |OT3| Positivity, Confidence, and Not Being a "Nice" Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
wall o text

Sounds like you're in a much better place. Keep plugging along, focusing on yourself and let the relationship issue fall where they may. As long as you get yourself to a healthy place (mentally, emotionally, physically) you'll be able to handle whatever does transpire with her.

soultron

Banned
Good luck, krrrt. You sound like a decent human being who wants to make things right. I wish you all the best. You're very lucky to have someone who genuinely loves you, so use that as fuel to combat any negativity that comes your way. It's going to be hard, but someone who doesn't want to give up on you should make it easier than if you were doing this on your own.

Darklord

Banned
YESH! You missed your chance man. She mentioned sex as one of her likes and you didn't go in for the kill at any point during the date.

When she left I was like "ok bye" then as soon as she left I instantly realized what I did and wanted to kick my own arse. That shit'll fucking haunt me. I should have at least asked go to back to her hotel for some drinks or something. I don't know why my brain went to mush near the end. Whether it be the alcohol finally hitting me(I had mixed a lot) or my tiredness catching up, the last 30 minutes I was zombified.

No. Don't go into it planning on making a move. Just play it by ear. If the opportunity arises then do it. NEVER PLAN ON MAKING A MOVE BEFORE THE DATE.

Why though? If I missed the opportunity once and she was interested, shouldn't I go with the intent to make a move? I mean surely her interest in me couldn't have evaporated entirely but she might not show thinking we're in a friendzone.

Izick

i0VKLefJWmNmd.gif

Shit, you really do sound like a great person krrrt, just caught up in the wrong kind of stuff. I know it's going to be hard, but you just have to tough out these next couple of months. It's easier said then done, but think about what you could or likely will lose if you succumb to drugs again. It's not worth it. No high is worth more than someone that you seem to love so much.

I really hope things work out for you, and make sure to post here and keep us updated!

(You're English was really good. I had no idea it wasn't your native tongue until you mentioned it at the very end.)

When she left I was like "ok bye" then as soon as she left I instantly realized what I did and wanted to kick my own arse. That shit'll fucking haunt me. I should have at least asked go to back to her hotel for some drinks or something. I don't know why my brain went to mush near the end. Whether it be the alcohol finally hitting me(I had mixed a lot) or my tiredness catching up, the last 30 minutes I was zombified.

Why though? If I missed the opportunity once and she was interested, shouldn't I go with the intent to make a move? I mean surely her interest in me couldn't have evaporated entirely but she might not show thinking we're in a friendzone.

No. You haven't developed that type of relationship yet when you just kiss her when you want to. The first kiss isnt the same as the second. You had a chance last time and very likely will have one next time too but let that opportunity show itself. I'm not saying to wait for her to say 'KISS ME NOW' but dont go into the date thinking 'I'm gonna kiss her I'm gonna kiss her I'm gonna kiss her'.

So I just got a light (and had a conversation with) a gorgeous girl outside of my university's library. I got her name, but nothing else. Do I:

1. Let it go?
2. Try and find her in the library running the risk of looking like a creep?
3. Post on craigslist's "missed connections?"

I should mention she started the conversation, and that I need an answer now.

Hylian7

So I just got a light (and had a conversation with) a gorgeous girl outside of my university's library. I got her name, but nothing else. Do I:

1. Let it go?
2. Try and find her in the library running the risk of looking like a creep?
3. Post on craigslist's "missed connections?"

I should mention she started the conversation, and that I need an answer now.

Facebook. This would theoretically do two things:

1. Obviously re-establish contact
2. Impress her that you remembered her name.

Darklord

Banned
No. You haven't developed that type of relationship yet when you just kiss her when you want to. The first kiss isnt the same as the second. You had a chance last time and very likely will have one next time too but let that opportunity show itself. I'm not saying to wait for her to say 'KISS ME NOW' but dont go into the date thinking 'I'm gonna kiss her I'm gonna kiss her I'm gonna kiss her'.

Oh, yeah I'm not going to go up and start pashing her out of no where. I mean...I'm going to try and push those chances to happen again which now she might see me as a friend won't just pop up like before. I'll be more forward, complimenting her, flirting, get close to her, arm around her, that type of stuff. Not just "KISS ME NOW!".

SeanR1221

My fiance was a jealous jelly last night. Went out for drinks with one of my bosses after a meeting last night. I told her I'd be home by 10 but lost track of time and didn't leave till 10. When I called she ignored it.

When I got home she was leaving for work (night shift). Barely said bye. I told her its NBD (no big deal) and told her I lost track of time. Wasn't good enough but I held my ground and didn't throw apologizing texts at her all night.

Today she apologized. I'll surprise her with some water ice on the way home and wont bring up last night. :cool:

I don't have a last name! All I know is that she's a UC Berkeley student, and I feel like that would also run the risk of creepiness.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Ughh I dunno. Today I suppose to have a date with this girl. We met at this parking lot I notice it's only 30 min parking limit . So we met and talked about 3 min I asked her how she was doing,and what happened because she told me she was running late. So she told me she had something to do at work and was sorry. Then I told her that we should move our cars because I showed her the sign and she agreed so we both go in our cars. While I'm in my car I get a phone call from her picked up no answer after saying hello 3 times so I thought it was weird but whatever. I park to see me car again I get 2 text from her. One of them said

"Sorry tried to call my mom just called and her car broke down we are going to have to reschedule so sorry!"

2nd text said
"I'm really sorry to leave like that :("

I said to her let me help you out since I know a little bit about auto mechanics, but no answer. I dunno my gut feeling is she bullshitting me, but I have to give her the benefit of a doubt . I'm just confused I feel like I'm getting fucked over and she hasn't answered my text in 3 hours now. What should I do gaf never speak to her again???

Ughh I dunno. Today I suppose to have a date with this girl. We met at this parking lot I notice it's only 30 min parking limit . So we met and talked about 3 min I asked her how she was doing,and what happened because she told me she was running late. So she told me she had something to do at work and was sorry. Then I told her that we should move our cars because I showed her the sign and she agreed so we both go in our cars. While I'm in my car I get a phone call from her picked up no answer after saying hello 3 times so I thought it was weird but whatever. I park to see me car again I get 2 text from her. One of them said

"Sorry tried to call my mom just called and her car broke down we are going to have to reschedule so sorry!"

2nd text said

I said to her let me help you out since I know a little bit about auto mechanics, but no answer. I dunno my gut feeling is she bullshitting me, but I have to give her the benefit of a doubt . I'm just confused I feel like I'm getting fucked over and she hasn't answered my text in 3 hours now. What should I do gaf never speak to her again???

Forget about it. If she contacts you go from there, if she doesn't move on.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"

2nd text said

It's a wrap. She used the infamous "My aunt,uncle, or mother is in the hospital" line. Don't blow her phone up with anymore phone calls or texts since she probably thinks she has you by the balls right now.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Fuck this shit seriously every mother fucking time the same fucking bullshit garbage happens. Everytime it's some new way I get fucked in the ass why do I even waste my fucking time. This hoe send me a message on okcupid about 2 weeks ago gave her my number after 3-4 days. Even when we texted she wouldn't say much, and sometimes she would take 2,3,4, sometimes even 5 hours to answer a simple text. I'm fucking surprised she even said yes to a coffee date, and even then it didn't even last 5 minutes. It's like with every fucking woman I try it blows up in my fucking face. This shit fucking sucks.

I'm infuriated for no reason people say to move on but I'm tired of failing. The only women I've fucked is when I'm fucking wasted and they don't want anything to do with me after it's done. I can't get a good girl with me it makes me sad to write this.

krrrt

Ok, this is an old photo (hair is longer now, but no beard), but am I good looking enough that I won't instantly repulse a woman?

http://tinyurl.com/bl66446

I'm in the middle.

You look like a normal dude. Your looks won't get you any special attention (which is something I wouldn't even want in the first place), but they won't be detrimental to your success either. Don't sweat it. Be the best person you can be and the rest will follow.

Looks don't matter with the girls that matter is what I have learned.

Zep

Banned
Fuck this shit seriously every mother fucking time the same fucking bullshit garbage happens. Everytime it's some new way I get fucked in the ass why do I even waste my fucking time. This hoe send me a message on okcupid about 2 weeks ago gave her my number after 3-4 days. Even when we texted she wouldn't say much, and sometimes she would take 2,3,4, sometimes even 5 hours to answer a simple text. I'm fucking surprised she even said yes to a coffee date, and even then it didn't even last 5 minutes. It's like with every fucking woman I try it blows up in my fucking face. This shit fucking sucks.

I'm infuriated for no reason people say to move on but I'm tired of failing. The only women I've fucked is when I'm fucking wasted and they don't want anything to do with me after it's done. I can't get a good girl with me it makes me sad to write this.

Qwerty, old friend! Sorry to hear about your women issues, but at least the Mets are 4-0...Right?!

bluemax

Banned

Here's a thought, Anger Management.

I don't mean this to be offensive but like so many other gaffers you should work on yourself before your work on being with someone else.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"

Stop trying so hard. If a female takes 5 hours to text you back then gives one word responses she really isn't interested in you.

Yea... surely this type of aggression is gonna get the ladies.
1. Relax.
2. Stop worrying so much about girls you barely know.
3. Relax.
4. Stop trying so hard.
5. Relax.

Hylian7

Yea... surely this type of aggression is gonna get the ladies.
1. Relax.
2. Stop worrying so much about girls you barely know.
3. Relax.
4. Stop trying so hard.
5. Relax.

This. Although I know the frustration, you will find someone that actually is interested. I did, and I know I went through something similar before.

Texting is terrible and usually a waste of time, especially before you have gotten in her pants.

lol at the frequency you describe.

The common denominator is you, and I don't even mean you're the problem in terms of who you are. What kind of women are you finding yourself attracted to? It seems like you're going after the same type every time. Find the similarities between all of the women and avoid avoid avoid.

The common denominator is you, and I don't even mean you're the problem in terms of who you are. What kind of women are you finding yourself attracted to? It seems like you're going after the same type every time. Find the similarities between all of the women and avoid avoid avoid.

Well, that is true, but the problem is also how he is reacting to the situation. I don't expect that he refers to women as ho's when in their presence and I understand he's frustrated, but at a certain point you have to look in the mirror and ask if there is anything YOU are doing that can be scaring the other person away.

Well, that is true, but the problem is also how he is reacting to the situation. I don't expect that he refers to women as ho's when in their presence and I understand he's frustrated, but at a certain point you have to look in the mirror and ask if there is anything YOU are doing that can be scaring the other person away.

This too. I just remember having to talk down some of my own friends. "Why is every guy I date an asshole?" Well who do you find yourself attracted to? Why? Once they honed in on what was similar amongst the men they were attracted to and avoided it, they got a little farther.

Locke_211

What actually happened on the coffee date? Are you being literal about it being 5 minutes??

This too. I just remember having to talk down some of my own friends. "Why is every guy I date an asshole?" Well who do you find yourself attracted to? Why? Once they honed in on what was similar amongst the men they were attracted to and avoided it, they got a little farther.

I remember when I was in my late teens. I was so focused on finding someone to date. So up front. So clingy. Just like many here if a girl who I didn't even know well didn't return my call in a few hours I was thinking she didn't want to see my any longer, etc. Women ( and men too) can sense this. The last thing that most people want is someone -- especially a person they barely even know -- to be clingy. If they're that clingy and attentive in the very beginning of a relationship, lord knows how badly it will get as the relationship gets serious.

Went on a date? Call the next day if you want and say you had a good time. If you get a voicemail or whatever, leave a voicemail. After that, let the person RESPOND. If you don't receive a response then there isn't anything else for you to do. If the individual wants to get in touch with you, she/he will find a way. Move on to somebody else. Don't act as though every person you come across or happen to go on a date with is going to be THE ONE. Just HAVE. FUN.

I remember when I was in my late teens. I was so focused on finding someone to date. So up front. So clingy. Just like many here if a girl who I didn't even know well didn't return my call in a few hours I was thinking she didn't want to see my any longer, etc. Women ( and men too) can sense this. The last thing that most people want is someone -- especially a person they barely even know -- to be clingy. If they're that clingy and attentive in the very beginning of a relationship, lord knows how badly it will get as the relationship gets serious.

Went on a date? Call the next day if you want and say you had a good time. If you get a voicemail or whatever, leave a voicemail. After that, let the person RESPOND. If you don't receive a response then there isn't anything else for you to do. If the individual wants to get in touch with you, she/he will find a way. Move on to somebody else. Don't act as though every person you come across or happen to go on a date with is going to be THE ONE. Just HAVE. FUN.

It's quite true, desperation just isn't attractive. And it makes the other person feel like they're not special despite the obsession, which I should clarify. At some point it seems more like you're desperate for a relationship and not necessarily into the person.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Sorry for the outburst before my friends told me basically the same stuff that I need to chill the fuck out, and stop worrying over women that I barely know. I'm usually a calm person but this is the 4th women (all from online okc/eharmony) in the past 1.5 years where I got kicked to the curb pretty quickly when it came to actual contact me. It is very frustrating, I try to put effort in it and it's like they just don't care. Maybe it's me or I'm wrong. But I have never ever bombard a woman with text unless they send multiple messages to me. I usually don't worry if it takes a few hours to answer me back because I've done it before because I'm busy too. It's just been a shitty day.

Yes the actual date was only 5 minutes.

I tried to be, but she broke that off over something really stupid. I don't believe in burning bridges myself. I have my own policy of never deleting anyone on Facebook.

I haven't been deleted yet (though I deleted her for a day because someone recommended it to move on towards the beginning) but she hasn't replied to the couple of "hi's" I've sent in the past months. Kind of just want to actually be friends with a sane girl now that I have gotten into seeing other woman an see how insane they all are...

Seriously stop fucking texting me questions such as "Am I hot?" or "What are you thinking about right now" or the always awesome "How come you never initiate conversations."

Now I know how my ex felt.

Sorry for the outburst before my friends told me basically the same stuff that I need to chill the fuck out, and stop worrying over women that I barely know. I'm usually a calm person but this is the 4th women (all from online okc/eharmony) in the past 1.5 years where I got kicked to the curb pretty quickly when it came to actual contact me. It is very frustrating, I try to put effort in it and it's like they just don't care. Maybe it's me or I'm wrong. But I have never ever bombard a woman with text unless they send multiple messages to me. I usually don't worry if it takes a few hours to answer me back because I've done it before because I'm busy too. It's just been a shitty day.

Honestly, I would just say to not put SO much effort into it. Look at it as simply something to do. Don't put more effort into if things don't work out you will beat yourself up for. Realize that these women aren't going to put effort into it simply because they're most likely being bombarded on these sites from men in general. Until they get to know you, you're just one of the many. If they're not going to put so much effort, why are you?

Obviously when you meet someone and actually begin a relationship then you can put effort but don't go wasting your time, energy, and focus on a person that you most likely will never speak to again.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"

Don't sweat it man. You say you put effort in but do you see the female putting effort in as well? Don't make it seem like your desperate to hang out/see the female at first.

Locke_211

Do you want to run through what happened in those 5 minutes? If you get to an actual date, they're at least interested, and going through what happened might help to ensure you keep their interest running next time :)

And for online dating, 4 rejections in 1.5 years isn't too bad!

Something weird happened:

I ran into an acquaintance from another class on the way out of the library (he's gay), and after conversing a bit we decided to go back inside to work on our papers. As luck would have it, he happened to be sitting with the girl in question. We didn't get a chance to talk, really (it's a library after all), but I suppose a connection has been established.

The only thing I'm worried about is the high possibility of her having seen me pass through the reading room looking for her...

brian

Something weird happened:

I ran into an acquaintance from another class on the way out of the library (he's gay), and after conversing a bit we decided to go back inside to work on our papers. As luck would have it, he happened to be sitting with the girl in question. We didn't get a chance to talk, really (it's a library after all), but I suppose a connection has been established.

The only thing I'm worried about is the high possibility of her having seen me pass through the reading room looking for her...

a. she might not have seen you
b. even if she did see you, how do you know she knew you were looking for her?
c. even if she did know you were looking for her, maybe she found it cute or flattering and not creepy

you don't really have any information right now to be worried about that, and it isn't really worth worrying about it because you haven't done anything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom